Register NAUCC

Old July 1st 05, 04:28 AM
skate4flip

Default Register NAUCC

Hi, I have some quick questions about registering for NAUCC 2005. I
realize its to late to register to be a competitor, unless i pay $100
on-site. I was looking on the regestration form and it says you can
register as a non-competitor for $30. Does this mean you can register
on-site as a non-competitor for $30 instead of $100 (if youre not
competing). Also is on-site regestration only on tuesday July 26?

--
skate4flip - Almost level 4
skate4flip's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10198

Old July 3rd 05, 01:21 AM
KathySusanka

Registration tables are usually set up to mass register on the first day
of the convention. You can still register if you arrive after Tuesday,
you just have to ask around for the right person to give your money to
if a registration area is not evident.

A note from Jan Layne (convention host) for NAUCC non-competitors who
have not yet registered:
"Just wanted to mention that the non-competitor fee is only $30.00 if
you sign up at the meet but the Banquet meal will not be included
because our meal count has to be turned in 2 weeks before. Also the meet
T-shirts will not be sold at the meet. We already placed our first order
but will be sending another one in July."

If you're coming in for just one day to watch, you might not have to pay
the non-competitor fee but you should if you're going to stick around
for a while.

Hope that helped. See you there, Kathy

--
KathySusanka - Uni Count now at 15

KathySusanka's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4309

Old July 4th 05, 04:03 AM
skate4flip

I was looking at this schedule about NAUCC
http://www.unicycling.org/usa/naucc/2005/ and it says there will be a
workshop on tuesday, which i assume will be indoor. Would i be able to
ride my unicycle/ participate in the workshop with a unicycle with a
black tire?I'm asking because tires that make treads arernt always
allowed indoors and i want to make sure because the uni's i have all
have black tires on them.

Old July 4th 05, 08:05 PM
KathySusanka

Usually when unicyclists rent a gym it is with the stipulation that the
unicycles have non-marking tires. I haven't heard that that is the case
this year but it is very likely. Either way you should sit in on the
workshops and pick up some tips and strategies. Perhaps someone will
loan you a unicyle for a moment to try something new. Attend anyway.

Old July 6th 05, 12:31 AM
johnfoss

Skate,

If you're going, I highly recommend you register ASAP so you can be
signed up for the big dinner. If you're worried about being left out,
you can send an email to Jan Layne to let her know your registration is
coming so she can add another seat.

Competing is fun, and much of the schedule is designed with that in
mind. In other words, if you don't compete you may be bored. The higher
price is to pay for all the awards. It can be like playing age-lottery:
There are so many age groups, if you're in the right one you can win a
lot of awards without even trying!

For workshops, yes we have to adhere to the requests of the gym's
owners. Non-marking tires is pretty much a given for indoors. Some
workshops may be outside (especially if they involve things like Trials
unicycles). For others, it is also usually possible to find and borrow a
unicycle that fits you, and is also of the correct type.

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old July 6th 05, 01:10 AM
skate4flip

On the registration form it says that after june 26 you can only
register on site for $100. I am not going to compete because i can only
stay for a few days of the convention. The things i want to see a

Thursday:
8-10 pm expert individual, pairs and show

Friday: I think the races will get boring with all of the different age
groups for each of the races. I want to attend the Friday workshop
because it is outside and i only have marking tire unicycles.

Saturday: The non-traditional races will be fun to watch (coastine,
UW,). High and long jump too.

Sunday: On the schedule it says there are MUni events at the white star
park. Will there be trials to? If so i would like to go there. If they
have a trials comp there will i have to register as a competitor to
compete? How far away from the convention is White Star Park? Is sunday
part of the convention or is it just a fun thing after the convention?

Old July 6th 05, 01:22 AM
johnfoss

The Sunday events are kinda-sorta part of the convention, but last I
heard, officially not. A Trials course may still be up in the air; it
depends on whether they have people with the time, know-how and
resources to build one. I haven't heard any details about what's planned
for that day.

The park is about 30 miles northeast from Bowling Green, which is in the
direction of Cedar Point. How convenient! Cedar Point is the best
amusement park in the world. Don't take my word for it, look it up.
Better yet, make it a part of your NAUCC plans!

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old July 6th 05, 01:26 AM
skate4flip

On thursday there is a event called show. What is show? The days i
listed above are probably the days i will be going? Will i probably end
up getting bored on any of these days?