World Hour Record

Old July 5th 05, 07:59 PM
unisk8r

Default World Hour Record

Just an update...I got an official email from Guinness this weekend
informing me that my record attempt was exceeded by an undisclosed
person who went 25.6km (15.87 miles) in one hour. I replied to them
asking for more details (their emails are always slow), but in the
meantime does anyone here know anything about this? Who was it & when &
where? Ken L. was it you??

--
unisk8r - One Wheel Wander
unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660

Old July 6th 05, 12:58 AM
GizmoDuck

Pete,

I've still yet to hear from Guinness- they're taking their time

No I have not set out to break the hour record, I've hardly ridden my
Coker since March! It's currently got a dead crank stuck to the hub.

However, I did send in the lap tally book for my 24hr record which
contained info regarding how many laps I did each hour. And we
mentioned that the current hour record of 14km was out of date and
complete nonsense given the times posted by most Coker riders. This was
before I knew about your hour record challenge. Since it wasn't applied
for officially, I don't think they would include it as an official hour
record.

However, each of the 814 laps I did over 24hrs was signed and witnessed
and tallied according to the hour in which they were done. The first
hour or two would have been around 25km/hr average speed. So yes, they
could potentially use that. I don't know as I've not heard from them,
and I've emailed them twice so far!

Did they mention when it was broken? If it was me I'd be happy to email
them and let them know that we were not aware of your record attempt
prior to my 24hr ride- which was really looking at breaking the 100mile
and 24hr records. I believe the 1hr record deserves it's own dedicated
attempt.

Ken

--
GizmoDuck - NZUNI

o-kO
'www.adventureunicyclist.com' (http://www.adventureunicyclist.com/) -
check out my spanky new and improved website
'Laos Unicycle Tour' (http://www.laosunitour.org)

Laff at me Steve Racing 10 October 14th 05 03:02 AM
NAUCC World Record Challenge munipsycho Unicycling 5 June 16th 05 10:56 PM
Aussie & NoCom set 400km World Recumbent Record sweatshirt Johnny Recumbent Biking 0 January 30th 05 11:24 PM
World Record Wheelie psycholist Racing 3 September 4th 04 02:54 AM
Guiness World Record Book UniBrier Unicycling 2 December 24th 03 12:39 AM