Windsor Bikes

Old June 12th 04, 10:23 PM
Tim McNamara

Default Windsor Bikes

(Gary Cole) writes:

Does anyone know anything,good or bad, about Windsor Bikes? I'm
planing on buying one but cant get any independent info.

Is Windsor still in business? They were a well known maker a while
ago but I thought they were long gone. I have a Windsor Profesional
(Spanish spelling as it was "Hecho in Mexico") track bike that's
probably 25 years old or so- a nice bike, basically a Cinelli copy.
Old June 13th 04, 01:04 AM
Garrison Hilliard

"RWM" wrote:
One of my sons has a Windsor track bike. It is nothing special but a decent
value. I believe that someone purchased the Windsor name and started
importing low-end bikes with the Windsor name. My son's bike came from
www.bikesdirect.com

Oh, THAT jerk... he bought the Motobecane name, too!

Old June 13th 04, 06:24 AM
A Muzi

Garrison Hilliard wrote:
Oh, THAT jerk... he bought the Motobecane name, too!

"bought" ? really??

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old June 13th 04, 03:48 PM
John Thompson

On 2004-06-13, Tim McNamara wrote:

John Thompson writes:

And another Windsor employee (Tim Isaac) left to
become the frame designer at Trek in the early 1980's.

Possibly the same Tim Isaac who started Match in the NorthWest and
built some Rivendell frames until going out of business?

Quite likely. After leaving Trek, Isaac worked for Raleigh-USA in
Washington.

I have some pics of my TS Isaac bike he

http://www.os2.dhs.org/pictures/gallery/bikes

--

-John )
Old June 13th 04, 05:02 PM
Garrison Hilliard

Garrison Hilliard wrote:
Oh, THAT jerk... he bought the Motobecane name, too!

"bought" ? really??

I'm not too sure there, but I thought MBK still existed in some form
when
David Sander started using the "Motobecane" mark and it follows that
Sander probably did pay a minor amount for the complete rights (or, of
course, maybe not).

p.s. About the new "Windsor":
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=e...otobecane%2522
Old June 14th 04, 02:48 PM
Harris

Tim McNamara wrote:

Is Windsor still in business? They were a well known maker a while
ago but I thought they were long gone. I have a Windsor Profesional
(Spanish spelling as it was "Hecho in Mexico") track bike that's
probably 25 years old or so- a nice bike, basically a Cinelli copy.

Oh, that must be the model Eddy set the hour record on. ;-

See:
http://tinyurl.com/2ghpv

Art Harris