Would you have the guts to do this?

Old February 3rd 18, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Default Would you have the guts to do this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs4SFvGVyY&t=515s

8.35

Old February 3rd 18, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 4:45:55 PM UTC, Colonel Edmund J. Burke wrote:
On 2/3/2018 6:05 AM, Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs4SFvGVyY&t=515s

8.35

I don't do youtube, son.
Tough luck for you. LOL

I am far too intelligent to be your son.

Old February 5th 18, 06:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Sat, 3 Feb 2018 06:05:33 -0800 (PST)
Simon Jester wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs4SFvGVyY&t=515s

8.35

Only if SWMBO wasn't there, because she always gives me earache for
having a go at someone.

Old February 5th 18, 03:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 03/02/18 14:05, Simon Jester wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs4SFvGVyY&t=515s

8.35

Simple. The driver posting the rubbish back through the window was
bigger and had a bigger vehicle. Some claim that only cyclists use this
technique.

Looking at the whole clip, it is interesting to see how many people seem
to think that the art of avoiding an accident involves using the horn to
scream "get out of the way because I'm not going to stop". Interesting
because some posters have come here to suggest that drivers are
qualified because they have been trained. I'm really behind the times if
this technique is part of the test.
Old February 5th 18, 09:09 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

Indeed. If a cyclist did this to a 'law abiding' motorist, the 'law abiding' motorists's response would be "I'll ****ing run you over", which is illegal and could lead to life in prison.

Looking at the whole clip, it is interesting to see how many people seem
to think that the art of avoiding an accident involves using the horn to
scream "get out of the way because I'm not going to stop". Interesting
because some posters have come here to suggest that drivers are
qualified because they have been trained. I'm really behind the times if
this technique is part of the test.

My sentiments exactly, if you have time to sound the horn you have time to avoid the incident.

Old February 6th 18, 01:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 05/02/18 20:09, Simon Jester wrote:
On Monday, February 5, 2018 at 2:35:59 PM UTC, TMS320 wrote:
On 03/02/18 14:05, Simon Jester wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs4SFvGVyY&t=515s

8.35

Simple. The driver posting the rubbish back through the window was
bigger and had a bigger vehicle. Some claim that only cyclists use
this technique.

Indeed. If a cyclist did this to a 'law abiding' motorist, the 'law
abiding' motorists's response would be "I'll ****ing run you over",
which is illegal and could lead to life in prison.

Eh, imprison a driver for running down a cyclist? I must have missed
something.

Looking at the whole clip, it is interesting to see how many people
seem to think that the art of avoiding an accident involves using
the horn to scream "get out of the way because I'm not going to
stop". Interesting because some posters have come here to suggest
that drivers are qualified because they have been trained. I'm
really behind the times if this technique is part of the test.

My sentiments exactly, if you have time to sound the horn you have
time to avoid the incident.

I was thinking about all the stories the moronist faction drag up about
"typical cyclists" doing things drivers never do.

seat guts Gary[_6_] Techniques 4 December 20th 09 11:18 PM
Farrar showing some guts Andre Racing 1 October 4th 08 04:52 PM
Guts G.T. Mountain Biking 4 October 7th 06 11:34 AM
An athlete with guts Bill C Racing 6 September 20th 05 11:47 PM
RBR people with guts. Bill C Racing 38 January 31st 05 07:12 PM