Darwin steps in. No brakes, hill, no helmet and a red light, you canguess the result.

Old December 4th 19, 05:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Darwin steps in. No brakes, hill, no helmet and a red light, you canguess the result.

“I saw him approach the lights and I said ‘oh my God he’s gone through
at red’.”

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news...ision-17362671
Old December 4th 19, 05:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/12/2019 16:28, MrCheerful wrote:

“I saw him approach the lights and I said ‘oh my God he’s gone through
at red’.”

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news...ision-17362671

13 years old...? :-(
Old December 4th 19, 07:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 04/12/2019 16:28, MrCheerful wrote:
“I saw him approach the lights and I said ‘oh my God he’s gone through
at red’.”

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news...ision-17362671

A fifth of motorists have ran a red light in the last year | This is ...
5 Apr 2018 - Drivers not only owned up to jumping red traffic lights but
also ... past year, with nearly one in 10 (9 per cent) having done so
within the last 24 hours

--
Bod
Old December 4th 19, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Bod wrote:
On 04/12/2019 16:28, MrCheerful wrote:
"I saw him approach the lights and I said 'oh my God he's gone
through at red'."

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news...ision-17362671

A fifth of motorists have ran a red light in the last year | This is
... https://www.thisismoney.co.uk money cars article-5555273
A-fifth... 5 Apr 2018 - Drivers not only owned up to jumping red
traffic lights but also ... past year, with nearly one in 10 (9 per
cent) having done so within the last 24 hours

Oh ffs Bod!

Old December 4th 19, 08:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

On 04/12/2019 18:44, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Bod wrote:
On 04/12/2019 16:28, MrCheerful wrote:
"I saw him approach the lights and I said 'oh my God he's gone
through at red'."

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news...ision-17362671

A fifth of motorists have ran a red light in the last year | This is
... https://www.thisismoney.co.uk money cars article-5555273
A-fifth... 5 Apr 2018 - Drivers not only owned up to jumping red
traffic lights but also ... past year, with nearly one in 10 (9 per
cent) having done so within the last 24 hours

Oh ffs Bod!

There are 38.7 million registered cars on UK roads. One fifth is

about 8 million cars. This is an exceptional amount. Why do you dismiss
this as trivial?
--
Bod
Old December 4th 19, 08:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Bod wrote:
On 04/12/2019 16:28, MrCheerful wrote:
"I saw him approach the lights and I said 'oh my God he's gone
through at red'."

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news...ision-17362671

A fifth of motorists have ran a red light in the last year | This is
... https://www.thisismoney.co.uk money cars article-5555273
A-fifth... 5 Apr 2018 - Drivers not only owned up to jumping red
traffic lights but also ... past year, with nearly one in 10 (9 per
cent) having done so within the last 24 hours

Oh ffs Bod!

There are 38.7 million registered cars on UK roads. One fifth is

about 8 million cars. This is an exceptional amount. Why do you
dismiss this as trivial?

I don't. But this is a cycling group.

Old December 4th 19, 08:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bod[_5_]

Bod wrote:
On 04/12/2019 16:28, MrCheerful wrote:
"I saw him approach the lights and I said 'oh my God he's gone
through at red'."

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news...ision-17362671

A fifth of motorists have ran a red light in the last year | This is
... https://www.thisismoney.co.uk money cars article-5555273
A-fifth... 5 Apr 2018 - Drivers not only owned up to jumping red
traffic lights but also ... past year, with nearly one in 10 (9 per
cent) having done so within the last 24 hours

Oh ffs Bod!

There are 38.7 million registered cars on UK roads. One fifth is

about 8 million cars. This is an exceptional amount. Why do you
dismiss this as trivial?

I don't. But this is a cycling group.

Indeed and cyclists have to share the roads with other traffic.

Am I not allowed to mention cars or something?

--
Bod
Old December 5th 19, 10:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

Bod wrote:
On 04/12/2019 16:28, MrCheerful wrote:
"I saw him approach the lights and I said 'oh my God he's gone
through at red'."

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news...ision-17362671

A fifth of motorists have ran a red light in the last year | This is
... https://www.thisismoney.co.uk money cars article-5555273
A-fifth... 5 Apr 2018 - Drivers not only owned up to jumping red
traffic lights but also ... past year, with nearly one in 10 (9 per
cent) having done so within the last 24 hours

Oh ffs Bod!

There are 38.7 million registered cars on UK roads. One fifth is

about 8 million cars. This is an exceptional amount. Why do you
dismiss this as trivial?

I don't. But this is a cycling group.

And you are a well-known bicyclist.;
Old December 4th 19, 07:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester

On Wednesday, December 4, 2019 at 4:28:27 PM UTC, MrCheerful wrote:
“I saw him approach the lights and I said ‘oh my God he’s gone through
at red’.”

https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/news...ision-17362671

"The collision took place 23.5 metres from the stop line". Which means, according to you, the cyclist was doomed anyway, brakes or no brakes, because bicycles take 37 metres to stop under all conditions.