Who'd a thought

Old July 15th 08, 09:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Default Who'd a thought

Voigt could climb like that.
Old July 15th 08, 10:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 41276 20080715 090214 Donald Munro wrote:
Voigt could climb like that.

Jens Voigt won the Tour of Germany in 06 and 07, also was 6th in the Tirreno-Adriatico 07
and 6th in the Tour of Murcia 07. All have plenty of climbing.
That's why he consistently makes my favourites list.
Old July 15th 08, 11:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Bob Martin wrote:
Jens Voigt won the Tour of Germany in 06 and 07, also was 6th in the
Tirreno-Adriatico 07 and 6th in the Tour of Murcia 07. All have plenty of
climbing. That's why he consistently makes my favourites list.

Who did he drop on a hors cat climb in the Tour of Germany ?

Old July 15th 08, 01:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bounty Bob

Donald Munro wrote:
Bob Martin wrote:
Jens Voigt won the Tour of Germany in 06 and 07, also was 6th in the
Tirreno-Adriatico 07 and 6th in the Tour of Murcia 07. All have plenty of
climbing. That's why he consistently makes my favourites list.

Who did he drop on a hors cat climb in the Tour of Germany ?

Is the Tour of Germany the one where they climb the same
slope 5 times for the mountain stage?

Old July 15th 08, 01:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Keith

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:02:14 +0200, Donald Munro
wrote:

Voigt could climb like that.

This has been discussed before when he won the 06 and 07 TOGermany.

He's commented himself he can do well when there is one HC climb
during the day but not when there are two or three and this is what
happened yesterday, he blew up in Hautacam.

Old July 15th 08, 01:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 41294 20080715 111425 Donald Munro wrote:
Bob Martin wrote:
Jens Voigt won the Tour of Germany in 06 and 07, also was 6th in the
Tirreno-Adriatico 07 and 6th in the Tour of Murcia 07. All have plenty of
climbing. That's why he consistently makes my favourites list.

Who did he drop on a hors cat climb in the Tour of Germany ?

I'm not saying he's podium material, but he's definitely top 15.
Old July 15th 08, 01:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 41306 20080715 131946 Bounty Bob wrote:
Donald Munro wrote:
Bob Martin wrote:
Jens Voigt won the Tour of Germany in 06 and 07, also was 6th in the
Tirreno-Adriatico 07 and 6th in the Tour of Murcia 07. All have plenty of
climbing. That's why he consistently makes my favourites list.

Who did he drop on a hors cat climb in the Tour of Germany ?

Is the Tour of Germany the one where they climb the same
slope 5 times for the mountain stage?

2006:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...ges/germany065
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2006...ges/germany066
2007:
http://www.cyclingnews.com/road/2007...ges/germany075
(stage finish at 2671m).
Old July 15th 08, 06:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Mike Jacoubowsky

wrote:

Voigt could climb like that.

This has been discussed before when he won the 06 and 07 TOGermany.

He's commented himself he can do well when there is one HC climb
during the day but not when there are two or three and this is what
happened yesterday, he blew up in Hautacam.

More likely it was planned that way. The candle that burns twice as bright
lives half as long. And even if he could have kept it up, it made sense to
save whatever might be left in the engine for another day.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old July 15th 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

wrote:
Voigt could climb like that.

This has been discussed before when he won the 06 and 07 TOGermany.

He's commented himself he can do well when there is one HC climb
during the day but not when there are two or three and this is what
happened yesterday, he blew up in Hautacam.

He has pulling duty in the flats/valleys too, something the team
leader does not have to do (normally).
Old July 16th 08, 12:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
John Forrest Tomlinson

Bob Martin wrote:
Jens Voigt won the Tour of Germany in 06 and 07, also was 6th in the
Tirreno-Adriatico 07 and 6th in the Tour of Murcia 07. All have plenty of
climbing. That's why he consistently makes my favourites list.

Who did he drop on a hors cat climb in the Tour of Germany ?

I'm not saying he's podium material, but he's definitely top 15.

In the Tour of France. *Maybe* if he led his own team, for GC, and
was very very lucky.

just a thought redlig Unicycling 7 March 29th 08 01:13 PM
Thought of the day mo fo General 21 August 16th 05 03:32 AM
Never would have thought this... [email protected] Racing 4 February 8th 05 11:50 PM
Saw these, thought of you. Mark Thompson UK 4 January 11th 05 07:28 PM
Uni Movie:Any girls/women who'd be interested? unipsychogirl Unicycling 22 January 6th 04 01:34 AM