ciclisme en France

Old December 18th 19, 06:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default ciclisme en France

http://www.rfi.fr/en/france/20191217...trike-pensions
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old December 18th 19, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Wednesday, 18 December 2019 13:25:23 UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.rfi.fr/en/france/20191217...trike-pensions
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I wonder if the problem with the electric bikes/scooters is that they go to fast for the skill level of the rider?

I found this part interesting too.

"Since last year, Paris has been flooded with at least 15,000 electric scooters available for rent, drawing the ire of residents and city officials complaining they are cluttering up already crowded sidewalks and squares.

During the first day of the strike on 5 December, the environmental activist group Extinction Rebellion claimed the sabotage of 3,600 electric scooters in Paris and other French cities, saying the green image of the gadgets hid an "ecologically catastrophic" reality."

Cheers
Old December 18th 19, 09:49 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/18/2019 1:41 PM, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Wednesday, 18 December 2019 13:25:23 UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.rfi.fr/en/france/20191217...trike-pensions
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I wonder if the problem with the electric bikes/scooters is that they go to fast for the skill level of the rider?

I wonder too. I also wonder about the split between bike crashes and
scooter crashes. They are very different machines.

I haven't yet tried one of the rental scooters, but I've seen lots in
action. They're quite fast and many are used carelessly - e.g. on
sidewalks despite prohibitions. And if (as I assume) they're similar to
other scooters they'll probably have twitchy steering and lousy
braking. The tiny wheels will have trouble with pavement imperfections.
And since they're not designed to carry packages, people will ride them
while lugging goods.

I don't like lumping bike and scooter data, just as I don't like lumping
bike and pedestrian data.

--
- Frank Krygowski