just a thought

Old September 2nd 03, 07:53 PM
Pete @ eclipse

Default just a thought

Just back from a short ride.....

After marvelling at the setting sun over Exmoor, my mind wandered to all
things cosmic.....

Is time travel possible?

at 10 mph you can easily spit well clear of your front wheel.
at 20 mph, this requires more force
at 30 mph you need to be careful not to end up with a face full !

Question : at 40 mph or over, do you end up with a face / mouth full before
you've actually ejected said spit? In which case, is this time travel enough
to warn you that you're travelling at a ridiculous speed and should slow
down......

Old September 2nd 03, 08:08 PM
Peter B

"Pete @ eclipse" wrote in message
Question : at 40 mph or over, do you end up with a face / mouth full

before
you've actually ejected said spit? In which case, is this time travel

enough
to warn you that you're travelling at a ridiculous speed and should slow
down......

No, don't slow down, enjoy the thrill of going fast and just avoid spitting,
unless you've just swallowed a big hairy fly.

(Are the flys that enter your mouth when cycling really as big and hairy as
they feel or is it some kind of an illusion?).

Pete

Old September 2nd 03, 09:11 PM
Doesnotcompute

Pete @ eclipse wrote:
Just back from a short ride.....

After marvelling at the setting sun over Exmoor, my mind wandered to all
things cosmic.....

Is time travel possible?

at 10 mph you can easily spit well clear of your front wheel.
at 20 mph, this requires more force
at 30 mph you need to be careful not to end up with a face full !

clue 1: turn head some where between 45 and 90 degrees to either side of
the front before ejecting fluid.

clue 2: save the fluid - it'll help keep you hydrated.

--
Dnc (No extra charge)

Old September 3rd 03, 05:23 PM
panda

Pete @ eclipse wrote:
Just back from a short ride.....

After marvelling at the setting sun over Exmoor, my mind wandered to
all things cosmic.....

Is time travel possible?

at 10 mph you can easily spit well clear of your front wheel.
at 20 mph, this requires more force
at 30 mph you need to be careful not to end up with a face full !

Question : at 40 mph or over, do you end up with a face / mouth full
before you've actually ejected said spit? In which case, is this time
travel enough to warn you that you're travelling at a ridiculous
speed and should slow down......

i favour the under-the-arm method, better at all speeds

panda

Old September 3rd 03, 10:31 PM
the Mark

Pete @ eclipse wrote:

at 10 mph you can easily spit well clear of your front wheel.
at 20 mph, this requires more force
at 30 mph you need to be careful not to end up with a face
full !

Why don't you get a normal cycle computer like everyone else. :-)
--
Mark
I got something special built for me and it arrived broken. :-(

Old September 4th 03, 01:06 AM
dailuggs

thought id answer it m8

Question : at 40 mph or over, do you end up with a face / mouth full
before you've actually ejected said spit? In which case, is this time
travel enough to warn you that you're travelling at a ridiculous speed
and should slow down......

if your at 40 mph speed up- push yourself!

hers the answer though- of course you wont get a face full before
youve spat, because the initial spitting force has to be enough to
make it leave the mouth, otherwise itl stay in there, and as it
initially travles it will be going quicker than you, then it will slow
down as no further forces are acting upon it (except gravity but that
will pull it down and of course air resistance which will slow it
down) youll start to catch up with the spit until splat, of course the
only way to get a face full would be to spit at an angle above that of
the straight line spit so unless your ttrying to get a face full of
spit it aint gonna happen!

Old September 4th 03, 10:01 AM
Richard Bates

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 21:31:38 +0000 (UTC), "the Mark"
in
wrote:

Pete @ eclipse wrote:

at 10 mph you can easily spit well clear of your front wheel.
at 20 mph, this requires more force
at 30 mph you need to be careful not to end up with a face
full !

Why don't you get a normal cycle computer like everyone else. :-)

If you spit hard enough will you travel backwards?
--
If ingnorance is bliss then I am the erm er
luckiest thingy in the whatchamacallit.