OT - Eye-Oh-Wuh

Old March 19th 11, 11:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

Default OT - Eye-Oh-Wuh

On 3/19/2011 4:45 PM, SMS wrote:
On 3/19/2011 4:54 AM, Peter Cole wrote:

Yes, but you also find Iowa pleasant. There's no accounting for taste,
but you seem to be in a minority.

I have many relatives in Iowa and it's not a question of pleasantness or
unpleasantness, it's where their livelihood (farming) is. They also live
in the town that boasts one of Iowa's biggest tourist attractions,
http://www.roadchix.com/iowa/cheeto.htm.

That is not too far from where Ed Dolan lives.

--
Tºm Shermªn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.
Old March 20th 11, 12:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicyles.misc
Edward Dolan

"Tºm Shermªn™ °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 3/19/2011 4:45 PM, SMS wrote:
On 3/19/2011 4:54 AM, Peter Cole wrote:

Yes, but you also find Iowa pleasant. There's no accounting for taste,
but you seem to be in a minority.

I have many relatives in Iowa and it's not a question of pleasantness or
unpleasantness, it's where their livelihood (farming) is. They also live
in the town that boasts one of Iowa's biggest tourist attractions,
http://www.roadchix.com/iowa/cheeto.htm.

That is not too far from where Ed Dolan lives.

The Upper Midwest is a paradise on this earth. One day it will be as
populated as the plains of India. The winters are not pleasant, but it is
possible to keep warm if you tend to your furnace.

The small towns of Iowa are a miracle. It is what make RAGBRAI the sensation
that it is every year. Folks come from all over the US and other countries
to experience this small town friendliness. Even the few large cities of
Iowa retain this friendliness.

I live only 11 miles from the Iowa border and consider myself as much Iowan
as I do Minnesotan. Mr. Sherman is fortunate indeed to have relatives that
are living in Iowa. How many of us can ever visit a farm these days.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old March 20th 11, 01:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicyles.misc
Tºm Shermªn™ °_°[_2_]

On 3/19/2011 6:36 PM, Edward Dolan wrote:
"T�m Sherm�n� " wrote in
message ...
On 3/19/2011 4:45 PM, SMS wrote:
On 3/19/2011 4:54 AM, Peter Cole wrote:

Yes, but you also find Iowa pleasant. There's no accounting for taste,
but you seem to be in a minority.

I have many relatives in Iowa and it's not a question of pleasantness or
unpleasantness, it's where their livelihood (farming) is. They also live
in the town that boasts one of Iowa's biggest tourist attractions,
http://www.roadchix.com/iowa/cheeto.htm.

That is not too far from where Ed Dolan lives.

The Upper Midwest is a paradise on this earth. One day it will be as
populated as the plains of India. The winters are not pleasant, but it is
possible to keep warm if you tend to your furnace.

The Upper Midwest will stop being a paradise if that many people move here.

The small towns of Iowa are a miracle. It is what make RAGBRAI the sensation
that it is every year. Folks come from all over the US and other countries
to experience this small town friendliness. Even the few large cities of
Iowa retain this friendliness.

Indeed. Almost every rude driver I encounter has Illinois plates.

However, Iowa has no large cities:
http://www.maps-n-stats.com/us_ia_population.html.

I live only 11 miles from the Iowa border and consider myself as much Iowan
as I do Minnesotan. Mr. Sherman is fortunate indeed to have relatives that
are living in Iowa. How many of us can ever visit a farm these days.

Uh Ed, *I* live in Iowa. And have a view of a corn/bean [1] field out
my back window. It is Steven M. Scharf (SMS) who reports having
relatives that live in Algona.

[1] Depending on crop rotation.

Old March 20th 11, 01:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicyles.misc
Edward Dolan

"Tºm ShermªnT °_°" " wrote in
message ...
On 3/19/2011 4:45 PM, SMS wrote:
On 3/19/2011 4:54 AM, Peter Cole wrote:

Yes, but you also find Iowa pleasant. There's no accounting for taste,
but you seem to be in a minority.

I have many relatives in Iowa and it's not a question of pleasantness
or
unpleasantness, it's where their livelihood (farming) is. They also
live
in the town that boasts one of Iowa's biggest tourist attractions,
http://www.roadchix.com/iowa/cheeto.htm.

That is not too far from where Ed Dolan lives.

The Upper Midwest is a paradise on this earth. One day it will be as
populated as the plains of India. The winters are not pleasant, but it is
possible to keep warm if you tend to your furnace.

The Upper Midwest will stop being a paradise if that many people move
here.

Yes, of course it will, but such will be the case in less than a hundred
years I predict. Worthington is already being flooded by Hispanics from
Mexico and Central America.

The small towns of Iowa are a miracle. It is what make RAGBRAI the
sensation
that it is every year. Folks come from all over the US and other
countries
to experience this small town friendliness. Even the few large cities of
Iowa retain this friendliness.

Indeed. Almost every rude driver I encounter has Illinois plates.

However, Iowa has no large cities:
http://www.maps-n-stats.com/us_ia_population.html.

I consider any metro over 100,000 to be large. Sioux Falls, the nearest
metro to Worthington, used to have a population of around 50,000 back in the
1950's. Now it is twice that.

I live only 11 miles from the Iowa border and consider myself as much
Iowan
as I do Minnesotan. Mr. Sherman is fortunate indeed to have relatives
that
are living in Iowa. How many of us can ever visit a farm these days.

Uh Ed, *I* live in Iowa. And have a view of a corn/bean [1] field out my
back window. It is Steven M. Scharf (SMS) who reports having relatives
that live in Algona.

[1] Depending on crop rotation.

I cannot keep up with your constant moving about the landscape. I thought
you were born and bred a Wisconsinite.