"A kick-ass East Bay mountain bike community"

Old March 22nd 09, 04:41 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Mike Vandeman

Default "A kick-ass East Bay mountain bike community"

\He accidentally told the truth about mountain biking! This kind of
belligerence is endemic in the mountain biking community. Wildlife and
hikers (the MAJORITY of park users) are considered "obstacles" that
are simply "unwilling to share" the trails with their large,
fast-moving pieces of machinery! If you inform that them that they are
riding illegally, they simply shove you out of the way! That's exactly
what has happened to me many times.

Mike

Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 22:52:33 -0700
From: Cyril Manning
Subject: Are you with us?

Just a quick note since there wasn't much in this week's email
update...

Last weekend we had about 50 folks who braved a wicked cold morning
for our fabulous Gala Ride.

The Facebook Group is up to 415 members.

And I hear the weeknight group rides are just a couple weeks from
starting up again.

This thing just keeps growing and getting better. Thanks everyone for
helping to build a kick-ass East Bay mountain bike community.... Now,
if you're not a paid member or you forgot to renew please consider
joining now. It's tax time, we're a nonprofit, and you could use
another deduction, right? More importantly, memberships fund
everything we do. We need you with us on this!

(PS... I'm in the "forgot to renew" boat myself... I'm breaking out
the credit card too)

http://home.pacbell.net/mjvande
Old March 23rd 09, 12:08 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.backcountry,ca.environment,sci.environment
Kayak44

On Mar 22, 11:41*am, Mike Vandeman wrote:
\He accidentally told the truth about mountain biking! This kind of
belligerence is endemic in the mountain biking community. Wildlife and
hikers (the MAJORITY of park users) are considered "obstacles" that
are simply "unwilling to share" the trails with their large,
fast-moving pieces of machinery! If you inform that them that they are
riding illegally, they simply shove you out of the way! That's exactly
what has happened to me many times.

You deserve to be shoved out of the way, it's the only type of
communication you understand.