Why America can have better bicycling than Europe

Old August 7th 10, 03:41 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living
Jens Müller[_3_]

Default Why America can have better bicycling than Europe

Am 03.08.2010 02:39, schrieb His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of
the Movement of Tantra-Hammock:
Our curse could be our blessing. The sprawl that killed our
communities may be an opportunity for a different kind of bicycling
than Europe: FAST BIKING. Our streets are better and wider, so IF WE
GET A TRAFFIC LANE we really could go places far and away.

Ah, like in Berlin. But what do you mean by "GET A TRAFFIC LANE"? Are
there no traffic lanes in your wide streets?
Old August 7th 10, 04:14 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Aug 6, 7:41*pm, Jens Müller wrote:
Am 03.08.2010 02:39, schrieb His Highness the TibetanMonkey, Creator of
the Movement of Tantra-Hammock:

Our curse could be our blessing. The sprawl that killed our
communities may be an opportunity for a different kind of bicycling
than Europe: FAST BIKING. Our streets are better and wider, so IF WE
GET A TRAFFIC LANE we really could go places far and away.

Ah, like in Berlin. But what do you mean by "GET A TRAFFIC LANE"? Are
there no traffic lanes in your wide streets?

Oh I meant TAKE THE LANE. There's no other solution for America where
SUVs are wider and bicycles are very low in the food chain (often
below cats and dogs).

What's the approach in Berlin?

Old August 7th 10, 02:54 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Aug 7, 12:05 am, Kalle Mustonen wrote:
If you are reading the list via e-mail client, you can spam-filter the
monkey out.

For example in gmail web-client: Click "Create a filter"...

I just added a monkey filter, which is kind of a pity cause I think
the brother has some potential.
Shame that he chooses to be SUV-mans little friend, cherishing the
fear culture designed to keep lower class road users out the way of
the SUV-man.

The gorilla (aka SUV-man) keeps the mundane monkeys down if they are
disorganized. It actually denies democracy and it feeds our wildest
and basest instincts, even though the efforts of the establishment to
look civilized.

Old August 7th 10, 03:25 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc,misc.consumers.frugal-living

On Aug 7, 12:05 am, Kalle Mustonen wrote:
If you are reading the list via e-mail client, you can spam-filter the
monkey out.

For example in gmail web-client: Click "Create a filter"...

I just added a monkey filter, which is kind of a pity cause I think
the brother has some potential.
Shame that he chooses to be SUV-mans little friend, cherishing the
fear culture designed to keep lower class road users out the way of
the SUV-man.

Kalle

And I've placed so much faith in you being the European-Man, a sort of
civilized homo sapiens, unselfish enough to reach out across the
Atlantic and illuminate us with your wisdom.

OK, **** Europe, we look for wisdom elsewhere. They are badly
overcrowded and are selfish monkeys that think their Paradise can be
sustained in isolation from the jungle. Well, then they complain about
having too much immigration, but they are not clever enough to put two
and two together.

The revolution must be aimed at the South where the injustices are
multiplied by 100 and the source of immigration is. And it will not be
motorized.