No lights, no reflectors, dark clothing, thick fog, no helmet. Whydo cyclists have a death wish?

Old January 31st 14, 10:04 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default No lights, no reflectors, dark clothing, thick fog, no helmet. Whydo cyclists have a death wish?

What a stupid and easily foreseeable waste of a life.

Why do cyclists have a death wish?

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/St-A...#axzz2rxtDPRI3
Old January 31st 14, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave -Cyclists VORT

On 31/01/2014 09:04, Mrcheerful wrote:
What a stupid and easily foreseeable waste of a life.

Why do cyclists have a death wish?

http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/St-A...#axzz2rxtDPRI3

Agreed. Sheer folly to go out like that in those conditions.

But can you explain why this folly is any worse than:

The silver Jag I saw on the M62 yesterday at dusk without sidelights. It
was almost invisible.

The many motorists who caused the multiple pile up with 100+ cars a few
months back because they were going too fast in fog.

The hundred of motorists I see every year who use their fog lights
inappropriately, a practice that is so dangerous that years ago the
government ran a public information campaign on the topic.

The pedestrians who walk about wearing ear phones and then wander out
into the road.

Motorcyclists who duck and dive between cars.

Etc, etc.

I look forward to your reply.

--
My name is Dave and I am a complete ****** because I ignore the fact
that most cyclists are also motorists who pay tax and insurance. I also
Old January 31st 14, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Dave -Cyclists VORT" wrote in message ...

[...]

This is a cycling NG. Please try to stay on topic.

Old January 31st 14, 02:42 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave -Cyclists VORT

On 31/01/2014 12:52, Tarcap wrote:

[...]

Which part of comparing the behaviour of cyclists to other road users is
off topic?

Old January 31st 14, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jaxson

On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 13:42:54 +0000, Dave -Cyclists VORT
wrote:

snip

Which part of comparing the behaviour of cyclists to other road users is
off topic?

have you any interesting stories of ****ed up train drivers or cyclists?

Glugg, glugg down the plug.

Judith
Old January 31st 14, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave -Cyclists VORT

On 31/01/2014 15:05, Jaxson wrote:
On Fri, 31 Jan 2014 13:42:54 +0000, Dave -Cyclists VORT
wrote:

snip

Which part of comparing the behaviour of cyclists to other road users is
off topic?

have you any interesting stories of ****ed up train drivers or cyclists?

Glugg, glugg down the plug.

Judith

Lots! lol Done both ****ed as a fart on MANY occasions. Comforting to
know that the motorist would still get ****ed by the courts if I got
knocked off though ;-)

Glugg, glugg and all that!

Old January 31st 14, 04:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Brian Robertson wrote:
Lots! lol Done both ****ed as a fart on MANY occasions. Comforting to
know that the motorist would still get ****ed by the courts if I got
knocked off though ;-)

When you are dead it is no help to you (what might happen to any other
party to the crash), in the event of prosecution the courts often find
against the cyclist, rather than the motorist.

In every case it is best to ride cautiously and safely rather than be in
any form of crash.

Cyclists should be encouraged to take the initiative for their own
safety and take every precaution they can to avoid conflict with anything.
Old January 31st 14, 04:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave -Cyclists VORT

On 31/01/2014 15:47, Mrcheerful wrote:

Brian Robertson wrote:
Lots! lol Done both ****ed as a fart on MANY occasions. Comforting to
know that the motorist would still get ****ed by the courts if I got
knocked off though ;-)

When you are dead it is no help to you (what might happen to any other
party to the crash), in the event of prosecution the courts often find
against the cyclist, rather than the motorist.

In every case it is best to ride cautiously and safely rather than be in
any form of crash.

Cyclists should be encouraged to take the initiative for their own
safety and take every precaution they can to avoid conflict with anything.

Where did you copy and paste that from? You don't give a flying ****
about cyclists being safe, so you can't have written it.

Old January 31st 14, 05:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Brian Robertson wrote:
Lots! lol Done both ****ed as a fart on MANY occasions. Comforting to
know that the motorist would still get ****ed by the courts if I got
knocked off though ;-)

When you are dead it is no help to you (what might happen to any other
party to the crash), in the event of prosecution the courts often find
against the cyclist, rather than the motorist.

In every case it is best to ride cautiously and safely rather than be in
any form of crash.

Cyclists should be encouraged to take the initiative for their own
safety and take every precaution they can to avoid conflict with
anything.

Where did you copy and paste that from? You don't give a flying ****
about cyclists being safe, so you can't have written it.

Which just shows how little you comprehend. You could find similar
posts from me stretching back several years.
Old January 31st 14, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave -Cyclists VORT

On 31/01/2014 16:00, Mrcheerful wrote:

Brian Robertson wrote:
[...]

Really? So why do you support people like Jimdith, Catcrap and
Mentalguy2k who obviously want the streets paved with the dead bodies of
cyclists?