Another idiot mountain biker!

Old April 17th 14, 06:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Another idiot mountain biker!

Another report from the field of a senseless, indeed most probably STUPID, accident caused by a cyclist trying to ride his bike on a single track hiking trail. Blackblade and his crowd of morons have no explanation for this other than to say something like “accidents will happen”. That crowd which promotes mountain biking is little better than accessories to murder. What is badly needed is a sense of outrage at all the ‘accidents’, none of which need ever occur if everyone would use their brains that was given us at birth. Trails are for walking, roads are for wheels. Duh!

And mountain biking is being promoted as a "healthy lifestyle"?! A
fool is born every minute!

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/today/...il-identified/

April 15, 2014 at 3:27 PM

Mountain biker who died on Snohomish County trail identified

Posted by Paige Cornwell

The mountain biker who died while riding on a trail Saturday in the
Paradise Valley Conservation Area has been identified.

Steven D. Quinton, 56, of Monroe, died of blunt force injuries of the
head on the Woodinville trail, according to the Snohomish County
Medical Examiner's Office.

Hikers discovered the biker, performed CPR and called for help, the
Snohomish County Sheriff's Office said. He was declared dead by first
responders.

The medical examiner's office classified his death as an accident.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain bikers!

“Tread softly! All the earth is holy ground.”
~ Christina Rossetti (Psalm 24),
from "A Later Life: A Double Sonnet of Sonnets"

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great
aka
Saint Edward the Great

Old April 22nd 14, 08:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

I see you're now trying to ape your hero Vandeman.

The obvious counter to this is that there is no 'safe' activity ... people die hiking, walking down stairs, showering and, particularly, from Cardiovascular Disease exacerbated by being unfit.

What is your point in highlighting the very rare casulaties ? I could easily post every hiking/camping fatality to refute your position but, you know what, I'm not stooping to that asinine level.
Old April 29th 14, 05:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...

I see you're now trying to ape your hero Vandeman.

The obvious counter to this is that there is no 'safe' activity ... people die hiking, walking down stairs, showering and, particularly, from Cardiovascular Disease exacerbated by being unfit.

What is your point in highlighting the very rare casulaties ? I could easily post every hiking/camping fatality to refute your position but, you know what, I'm not stooping to that asinine level.

Mountain biking accidents are as numerous as the stars in the sky. Why don’t you try to post some hiking/camping fatalities and I will be able to explain each and every one of them. Why is it that you can‘t explain any of the mountain biking accidents other than as examples of sheer stupidity due to the hazards of trying to ride trails meant for hiking. I think we can all clearly see who is at the asinine level.

More idiocy for you to contemplate:

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...hire-woodland/

April 27, 2014 1:40 pm
Mountain biker airlifted after fall in Staffordshire woodland

A mountain biker was airlifted to hospital after coming off his bike
in woodland in Staffordshire.

West Midlands Ambulance Service was called to a wooded location near
Swynnerton Park, north of Stone, at 11.30am.

An ambulance, together with a paramedic officer in a rapid response
vehicle and the Midlands Air Ambulance based at Cosford attended the scene.

A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesman said: "Crews responded to
an incident involving a cyclist who came off his machine on a downward slope.

"A man in his 60s was treated for facial abrasions, together with
knee, leg, arm and shoulder injuries. The patient was immobilised
with the use of a neck collar and spinal board.

"He was given pain relief by medics before being airlifted to the
University Hospital of North Staffordshire."

Old May 1st 14, 09:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Mountain biking accidents are as numerous as the stars in the
sky. Why don't you try to post some hiking/camping fatalities and I will be able
to explain each and every one of them. Why is it that you can't explain any of
the mountain biking accidents other than as examples of sheer stupidity due to
the hazards of trying to ride trails meant for hiking. I think we can all
clearly see who is at the asinine level.

There are 1.54 incidents per thousand exposures in the UK (according to the BMJ). There are billions of stars in the sky.

Therefore, QED, you are ... yet again ... provably wrong.

Old May 2nd 14, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Edward Dolan wrote:

Mountain biking accidents are as numerous as the stars in the
sky. Why don't you try to post some hiking/camping fatalities and I will be able
to explain each and every one of them. Why is it that you can't explain any of
the mountain biking accidents other than as examples of sheer stupidity due to
the hazards of trying to ride trails meant for hiking. I think we can all
clearly see who is at the asinine level.

There are 1.54 incidents per thousand exposures in the UK (according to the BMJ). There are billions of stars in the sky.

Therefore, QED, you are ... yet again ... provably wrong.

I am waiting for you to post some hiking/camping deaths so I can explain them to you – something that you are unable to do with biking accidents on trails.

Old May 2nd 14, 10:42 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

There are 1.54 incidents per thousand exposures in the UK
(according to the BMJ). There are billions of stars in the sky.

Therefore, QED, you are ... yet again ... provably wrong.

I am waiting for you to post some hiking/camping deaths so I
can explain them to you - something that you are unable to do with biking
accidents on trails.

Ah, more diversion once you, yet again, lose.

Well, if you really have nothing better to do be my guest and work your way down the Lake District Mountain Rescue Report for 2013. You will find that they have saved you the trouble by largely detailing what went wrong; falls, injuries, inadequate equipment/clothing, exhaustion, getting stuck etc etc. Be my guest and knock yourself out. (https://www.ldsamra.org.uk/publicdoc...documentid=299)

I don't know what you intend to 'explain' though nor what you suggest I explain to you. Mountainbikers, like hikers, make mistakes which result in injury, go to places from which they can't then easily extricate themselves, accidentally walk/ride over sharp drops, suffer from other medical conditions which are exacerbated by exercise etc etc. As I've said, repeatedly, there is no such thing as a totally 'safe' activity ... not mountainbiking and not hiking either.
Old May 3rd 14, 07:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"Blackblade" wrote in message ...
[...]

Edward Dolan wrote:

I am waiting for you to post some hiking/camping deaths so I
can explain them to you - something that you are unable to do with biking
accidents on trails.

Ah, more diversion once you, yet again, lose.

Well, if you really have nothing better to do be my guest and work your way down the Lake District Mountain Rescue Report for 2013. You will find that they have saved you the trouble by largely detailing what went wrong; falls, injuries, inadequate equipment/clothing, exhaustion, getting stuck etc etc. Be my guest and knock yourself out. (https://www.ldsamra.org.uk/publicdoc...documentid=299)

Hikers and campers hardly ever come to grief unless they are doing something really stupid. Any kind of climbing is like biking on a trail - stupid because dangerous.

I don't know what you intend to 'explain' though nor what you suggest I explain to you. Mountainbikers, like hikers, make mistakes which result in injury, go to places from which they can't then easily extricate themselves, accidentally walk/ride over sharp drops, suffer from other medical conditions which are exacerbated by exercise etc etc. As I've said, repeatedly, there is no such thing as a totally 'safe' activity ... not mountainbiking and not hiking either.

Mountain biking done normally is extremely dangerous. ”Mistakes” have nothing to do with it. Other outdoor activities such as hiking and camping done normally are not dangerous. That is the difference.

Old May 6th 14, 04:32 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

Well, if you really have nothing better to do be my guest and work your way down the Lake District Mountain Rescue Report for 2013. You will find that they have saved you the trouble by largely detailing what went wrong; falls, injuries, inadequate equipment/clothing, exhaustion, getting stuck etc etc. Be my guest and knock yourself out. (https://www.ldsamra.org.uk/publicdoc...documentid=299)

Hikers and campers hardly ever come to grief unless they are doing something really stupid. Any kind of climbing is like biking on a trail - stupid because dangerous.

Ah, that old Dolan Dodge again. Make a proposition, ask for the data, and then a quick diversion to other topics when you're shown to be wrong.

READ the report that you asked me to post. There are numerous cases of people requiring rescue because they twisted their ankles, broke bones, got caught out by changing conditions etc etc. Anyone who chooses to access remote, high mountain areas is, inevitably, accepting a degree of risk in so doing. And, particularly so in the more remote areas.

I don't know what you intend to 'explain' though nor what you suggest I explain to you. Mountainbikers, like hikers, make mistakes which result in injury, go to places from which they can't then easily extricate themselves, accidentally walk/ride over sharp drops, suffer from other medical conditions which are exacerbated by exercise etc etc. As I've said, repeatedly, there is no such thing as a totally 'safe' activity ... not mountainbiking and not hiking either.

Mountain biking done normally is extremely dangerous. "Mistakes" have nothing to do with it. Other outdoor activities such as hiking and camping done normally are not dangerous. That is the difference.

No, Ed, mountain biking done normally is a relatively safe activity. It is not as safe as hiking, I'll give you that, but safer than a lot of other sports such as rugby, skiing and american football to name just three. And, unlike you, I can back that up with real figures from independent bodies such as the BMA who have no axe to grind either way.
Old May 8th 14, 04:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

[...]

There is never any consistency to the accidents and deaths of hikers and campers other than falls. With mountain biking accidents and deaths, there is total consistency.They are all the same which is why it makes for tiring reading. The main thing that impacts hikers and campers at high elevations is the weather. Not so with bikers. The main thing that impacts them is negotiating the trail itself. That says it all!

[...]

You are quite right to class mountain biking along side of other sports. Hiking is not a sport. It is a pastime. It is for folks trying to connect with nature and their own past as creatures of this earth. Find another playground for your sport. It has no place on hiking trails.

Mountain bikers are barbarians and have no right to be on any trail used by hikers – unless they want to get off their god damn ****ing bikes and walk like everyone else. When they crash and injure themselves, I rejoice! If and when they manage to kill themselves, I say good riddance to bad rubbish! Death to mountain biking!

Old May 12th 14, 05:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
Blackblade[_2_]

There is never any consistency to the accidents and deaths of
hikers and campers other than falls. With mountain biking accidents and deaths,
there is total consistency.They are all the same which is why it makes for
tiring reading. The main thing that impacts hikers and campers at high
elevations is the weather. Not so with bikers. The main thing that impacts them
is negotiating the trail itself. That says it all!

Ed, that's not at all what the report says. There is a significant consistency to all accidents, as the chairman's summary, right at the start of the report, highlights. The trail is uneven so people trip and fall and hurt themselves. Weather changes unexpectedly which catches out the ill-prepared. People fail to consider the real challenges of a hike (or indeed ride) and find that they don't have the physical endurance to complete it. These are common, and recurring, situations as the report makes clear.

Mountain biking done normally is extremely dangerous. "Mistakes" have

nothing to do with it. Other outdoor activities such as hiking and camping done
normally are not dangerous. That is the difference.

Then why don't the statistics show this ? For the simple reason that it's just not true. Any kind of endeavour in untramelled territory carries inherent risks whether on foot or bike.

No, Ed, mountain biking done normally is a relatively safe

activity.* It is not as safe as hiking, I'll give you that, but safer than
a lot of other sports such as rugby, skiing and american football to name just
three.* And, unlike you, I can back that up with real figures from
independent bodies such as the BMA who have no axe to grind either way.

You are quite right* to class mountain biking along side
of other sports. Hiking is not a sport. It is a pastime. It is for folks trying
to connect with nature and their own past as creatures of this earth. Find
another playground for your sport. It has no place on hiking
trails.

I am also quite right as to the risks ... because I didn't come up with those figures they are from independent third parties.

And what gives you the right to tell the rest of us how we may enjoy ourselves ? The answer, of course, is nothing ... so enjoy the trails as you see fit and stop obsessing over what others do. It's none of your business.