In Departing ... My Final Words to Tom Sherman

Old December 20th 05, 05:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default In Departing ... My Final Words to Tom Sherman

Edward Dolan wrote:
It is ever my delight to tweak the denizens of ARBR thereby bringing some
excitement into their drab lives. Mr. Sherman especially needs my
ministrations as he seems not be happy in his native country.

Ed Dolan errs in his assumption of my native country [1]. It is not one
(unlike the US) that grants automatic citizenship by place of birth, or
I might well move (if for no other reason, to get away from the summer
heat - only to get worse with global warming).

I have been
urging him for years to emigrate to la belle France where he could be at one
with his own kind, cowards and traitors to Western Civilization....

French policy towards immigration is rather unfriendly, so that is
easier said than done. [2]

[1] An error Mr. Dolan should not make since I already stated this
before - his memory is slipping, I fear.
[2] All the people in the US that say "then leave" to any criticism of
US government policy should be lobbying the US government to arrange a
treaty with a more politically progressive nation to accept unhappy US
residents that wish to emigrate.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley
"are there stones on distant mountain decents marking the gored and

Old December 20th 05, 05:45 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

wrote:
Yep, again...

Mr. McNamara continues his dishonest practice of PRESENTING OPINION AS
FACT.

-- [YAWN]

Where is the PROOF that SJ is involved with the HRS blog? (I am not
holding my breath here, since Mr. McNamara has yet to present any
definitive evidence regarding the authorship of the HRS blog).

-- You profess not to accept circumstantial evidence, so why bother
and I've said we have reached an impasse and I'm done discussing the
matter.

For someone who says he is done discussing the matter, Mr. McNamara
seems to post a lot of verbiage about it.

To repeat (a necessary action with Mr. McNamara it seems), Mr.
McNamara's circumstantial evidence is weak, and does nothing to even
make one person a prime suspect. If what is presented is the best Mr.
McNamara can come up with regarding the HRS blog authorship, he should
refrain from indicting anyone.

Readers, how do you suppose Mr. Sherman could think I was ignorant of
the history of the online lowracer/highracer discussions when the
subject matter has been cross-posted all over the internet and
archived? I admit knowing little about MI 2. Having seen quite enough
of the disgusting original (MI 1), I had no compulsion to view the
sequel, but that has no bearing whatsoever with regard to drawing
conclusions about the HRS blog authorship.

Readers, did you note where Mr. Sherman said ... Speaking of SJ, I
understand that ... followed by hearsay, assumptions and untenable
assertions none of which have been in anyway substantiated by a shred
of evidence let alone proof in a thinly veiled attempt to propose the
possibility of persons outside the Chicagoland area as possible HRS
blog authors. Mr. Sherman will do anything to divert attention away
from Ed Gin and company, but there is some truth to what he said since
JS does not live in the Chicagoland area.

WHERE IS Mr. McNamara's PROOF of the AUTHORSHIP of the HRS blog?

-- Responded to nothing as usual. You profess not to accept
circumstantial evidence, so why bother and I've said we have reached an
impasse and I'm done discussing the matter.

See above.

I find it amusing how Mr. Sherman complains about gratuitous insults
and then bursts into a tirade regarding breeding, snobbery, what I
believe about my ancestors and immoral positions. Where does he come
up with this stuff? Just what is he raving and ranting about anyways?
Where did I make mention of breeding or ancestral beliefs?...

Mr. McNamara made mention of my breeding in this post:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent/msg/dba489d....

-- I made a passing remark in agreement with what Tom Dolan observed
and this is what brought all this on? And, form this you made these
wild assumptions about my beliefs regarding my ancestors and immoral
positions? [YAWN]

Who is "Tom Dolan"? One presumes Mr. McNamara means Ed Dolan. Mr.
McNamara should be able to get Ed Dolan's name correct, since Mr. Dolan
has posted in excess of five-thousand (5,000) messages to
alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent.

Mr. McNamara apparently can not remember comments he made one day
previously. The exact quote by Mr. McNamara is "I agree about Tom.
There are glimmers of breeding and education."

-- Sounds like a compliment to me, maybe even an overestimation on Tom
Dolan's part. I probably should not have agreed with him in the first
place. [YAWN]

Who the heck is this "Tom Dolan" Mr. McNamara keeps referencing?

Mr. McNamara is losing it if he can not remember what he wrote the
previous day, not to mention his inability to distinguish opinion from
proven fact.

The guy is
losin' it I'm tellin' you and just when I was seriously thinking about
leaving this discussion. If this continues, I may simply have to stick
around here a little while longer just for the entertainment value.
You sure can't beat the price of admission.

Another attempt by Mr. McNamara to excuse himself from the fact that he
is going back on his word about discontinuing this discussion. This
speaks directly to Mr. McNamara's personal credibility.

-- Merely a statement of fact. Sometimes this amuses me and I enjoy
it. Sometimes I find it a tedious waste of time. I'll be keeping my
word and will be leaving the discussion when I chose to and on my own
terms. I'll not be badgered into leaving by frivolous, inflammatory
insults from someone whose opinion matters not ... someone who defends
the HRS blog and Ed Gin and company. What does that say of your
credibility? [YAWN

The HRS blog is often humorous, and obviously parody, and therefore
harmless.

Other than from Mr. McNamara (who appears to be a biased source due to
his vindictive manner on the subject), Wayne SooHoo on the trikes list
(an apparently similar case) [1] and Mr. Edward Dolan (who apparently
knows nothing beyond what is posted on alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent) I
have yet to hear anything obviously bad about Ed Gin.

Readers, remember how I remarked I remarked that we are judged by the
company that we keep and Tom replied that he doesn't associate with me,
so he must be alright. This is another example of a conclusion derived
from twisted logic (read ILLGOCAL). My remark was not with regard to
who doesn't associate with whom, but rather with whom one associates.
I do not associate with Ed Gin. Tom Sherman does. Enough said on that
account.

Tom replied (read REPEATED) ... Well, I don't keep company with Mr.,
Jim (James?) McNamara, so I guess I am doing alright. . Does Mr.
Sherman not understand what was said or is his just determined to
support what I said and prove how imperceptive and ILLOGICAL he is?

It is clear, based on his posting history that Mr. McNamara is bitter
that he is less popular than Ed Gin among the members of the
Chicagoland recumbent riding community, and wishes to discredit Ed Gin
as a result. We should pity Mr. McNamara for being so angry and
frustrated for no good reason, but that does not excuse his presenting
OPINION AS FACT and posting accusations WHILE LACKING PROOF.

-- You continue to jump to conclusions. This is becoming a bad habit
of yours and it is something that you would not tolerate from an
adversary, so why should you expect this to go unchallenged? You are
still operating from the misconception that there is some sort of a
popularity contest at work here as if I would even want to be popular
with some of Ed Gin's friends or be proud to call some of them friends
of my own. That's really is a stretch. Ed Gin has lost more friends
in the past few years than I and all my friends combined will ever lose
in a lifetime. The statistics speak for themselves. Besides, fiends
of Ed Gin that will not associate with me are those with whom I am
proud not to be associated. In the case of Ed Gin, I am ashamed to
having ever been associated with him. If the readers should pity me
for any reason at all, they should pity me for having ever been Ed
Gin's friend. Here is an interesting FACT for you to think about. Ed
Gin and I have, strange as this may seem, some common friends. Now,
how does that fit into your lame hypothesis? You continue to mistake
Ed Gin as my primary and only focus. I have only pointed this foible
of yours out to you about a dozen times. How many more times will it
take to penetrate that thick skull of yours. This is not now, nor has
it been from the beginning only about Ed Gin, so why do you insist that
it is? Do you think that repetition will somehow transform this into
something that it is not?

Mr. McNamara is not credible when he implies he has no bias against Ed
Gin in this discussion.

For what it is worth, I had a neutral opinion of Mr. McNamara prior to
his witch hunt equivalent attacks on Ed Gin over the HRS blog. The
longer this discussion goes on, the worse my impression gets.

If I am repetitive, it is because Mr. McNamara keeps diverting from the
primary point of discussion - WHERE IS THE PROOF OF HRS BLOG
AUTHORSHIP?

My opinion is my opinion. Circumstantial evidence supports my opinion.

In JimmyMac World [TM] and Ed Dolan World [TM] the circumstantial
evidence is convincing. In the real world it is not, no matter how many
times Mr. McNamara repeats that it is. (Repetition of opinion as fact
only works on the credulous who are predisposed by bias).

I consider circumstantial evidence to be sufficient proof.

Then Mr. McNamara is dull intellect or a fool.

Your persistent harping does not in any way, shape or form change any of
that or matter to me in the least. [YAWN].

And I could care less about what Mr. McNamara thinks, but it is fun to
let him dig the hole he is in even deeper.

Note: It appears that Mr. McNamara has some concern over what I think,
since he addresses his posts to me. However, I address my posts to the
general audience, since that is whom I am writing for (why I
disregarded the suggestion to take this discussion to email).

[1] See http://www.ihpva.org/pipermail/trikes/2000q1/000784.html.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 20th 05, 05:58 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

"Johnny Sunset" wrote in message
oups.com...

Edward Dolan wrote:
It is ever my delight to tweak the denizens of ARBR thereby bringing some
excitement into their drab lives. Mr. Sherman especially needs my
ministrations as he seems not be happy in his native country.

Ed Dolan errs in his assumption of my native country [1]. It is not one
(unlike the US) that grants automatic citizenship by place of birth, or
I might well move (if for no other reason, to get away from the summer
heat - only to get worse with global warming).

Have you not made reference to a boyhood spent in Wisconsin? Yes, I know
about tiny Denmark. So, you were born there and then your parents came to
America (Wisconsin)? The newsgroup needs to know!

I have been
urging him for years to emigrate to la belle France where he could be at
one
with his own kind, cowards and traitors to Western Civilization....

French policy towards immigration is rather unfriendly, so that is
easier said than done. [2]

Half of North Africa is now in France, so that clearly is not the case. If
the French had any brains, they would prohibit all immigration - period. And
so would the rest of Europe, most especially tiny England. They are already
crowded enough without letting in the rest of the world. The English are
almost as stupid as the French apparently.

[1] An error Mr. Dolan should not make since I already stated this
before - his memory is slipping, I fear.
[2] All the people in the US that say "then leave" to any criticism of
US government policy should be lobbying the US government to arrange a
treaty with a more politically progressive nation to accept unhappy US
residents that wish to emigrate.

France would suit you to T. However, I don't think the French would like you
any better than do we native Americans.

Regards,

Ed Dolan - Minnesota

Old December 20th 05, 06:01 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Tom Sherman struggled to scribble ... Mr. McNamara either has the most
"final words" in the known universe, or he is going back on his
statement that he is quitting the
discussion.

Mr. Sherman doesn't understand that a person is entitled to change
their mind or to do what they intend to do on their own terms and in
their own good time. Is this not such a rudimentary concept that its
misunderstanding is incomprehensible and even laughable? Perhaps if it
is repeated a few more times it will sink in...

I'lll not be badgered into leaving by frivolous, inflammatory insults
from someone whose opinion matters not. I will leave this discussion
when I see fit and will leave on my own terms. Although this is an
elementary concept, I will repeat this as many times as necessary for
your poor powers or perception to be overcome.

Is 10 a sufficient number of times?

JimmyMac

Old December 20th 05, 06:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Tom Sherman struggled to scribble ... Mr. McNamara either has the most
"final words" in the known universe, or he is going back on his
statement that he is quitting the
discussion.

Mr. Sherman doesn't understand that a person is entitled to change
their mind or to do what they intend to do on their own terms and in
their own good time. Is this not such a rudimentary concept that its
misunderstanding is incomprehensible and even laughable? Perhaps if it
is repeated a few more times it will sink in...

I'lll not be badgered into leaving by frivolous, inflammatory insults
from someone whose opinion matters not. I will leave this discussion
when I see fit and will leave on my own terms. Although this is an
elementary concept, I will repeat this as many times as necessary for
your poor powers of perception to be overcome.

[...]

P.S. Multiple posst are deliberate ... not operator error. This is
purely for Mr Sherman's benefit.

Old December 20th 05, 06:06 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

[...]

P.S. Multiple post are deliberate ... not operator error. This is
purely for Mr Sherman's' benefit.

Old December 20th 05, 06:09 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Edward Dolan wrote:
Have you not made reference to a boyhood spent in Wisconsin? Yes, I know
about tiny Denmark. So, you were born there and then your parents came to
America (Wisconsin)? The newsgroup needs to know!

I was raised in the forest by wolves.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 20th 05, 06:11 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

wrote:
[...]

Yo JimmyMac,

Now you are being as childish as Ed Dolan in a snit.

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley

Old December 20th 05, 06:12 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

wrote:
[...]

Hey JimmyMac,

Getting frustrated because you can not turn me away from Ed Gin and to
your side?

--
Tom Sherman - Fox River Valley