Have $2500 to spend, what should I buy?

Old August 10th 03, 04:51 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Default Have $2500 to spend, what should I buy?

Pat wrote in message ...
x-no-archive:yes

Yes, you read it right: I have come into $2500

That's a start.

Just one set of Mavi Cosmic SSC will be somewhere
around the $1,200 mark and Campy Record Groupo
will set you back in the area of $1,300.

If you go with the Record Carbon cranks they run
in the $800 range.

You'll need about three or four wheelsets.

You should plan on building up maybe three
framesets, make one super light - in the 15lb
range for climbing, the others can tip the
scale at 16.5 lb for most events.

Get a loan, line of credit, and max out three
or four credit cards.

Then repeat next season.

Old August 10th 03, 04:52 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Fabrizio Mazzoleni wrote in message ...

Just one set of Mavi

He meant to say ' Mavic'

Old August 10th 03, 06:13 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Zoot Katz wrote in message ...
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 03:51:09 GMT,

You forgot the airline tickets. There's no point having climbing bikes
in Texas unless you've got a couple Columbians out front to ride em.

Who the heck said anything about Texas?
I think Pat said he's from Santa Cruz or something.

Pay attention!

Old August 10th 03, 06:29 AM
Zoot Katz

Sun, 10 Aug 2003 05:13:09 GMT,
, Fabled cartographer
"Fabrizio Mazzoleni" penned:

Zoot Katz wrote in message ...
Sun, 10 Aug 2003 03:51:09 GMT,

You forgot the airline tickets. There's no point having climbing bikes
in Texas unless you've got a couple Columbians out front to ride em.

Who the heck said anything about Texas?
I think Pat said he's from Santa Cruz or something.

Pay attention!

Florida, Texas, what's the difference.
--
zk
Old August 10th 03, 06:32 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Hunrobe wrote in message ...

using the rest for upgrades on your road bike?

Bob he's got a Veloce frame, that thing is
made out of SL CrMo, you can't upgrade
something like that.

Imagine showing up for one of my rides
with a steel frame, it would be - put the
bike back on the roof rack and go home.

Old August 10th 03, 06:35 AM
Zoot Katz

10 Aug 2003 05:24:40 GMT, ,
"Jiyang Chen" wrote:

What kind of columbians?

Good climbers, preferably.
--
zk
Old August 10th 03, 06:37 AM
Sorni

"Zoot Katz" wrote in message

Florida, Texas, what's the difference.

Different hats.

Madder Bill

Old August 11th 03, 01:53 AM
Fabrizio Mazzoleni

Preston Crawford wrote in message ...

I'd buy a $600 to $1000 road bike. Get a good fitting done and pay my
bills with the rest. But that's just me.

Preston, women don't like that kind of talk!

Here's the setup, like I've already stated
max out the cards and get a line of credit
and buy a nice pro bike, and make sure
it measures 52cm from the center of the
bottom bracket to the center of the top
tube.