BR52 ... am I up to it?

Old June 15th 05, 09:30 AM
Marc Bishop

Default BR52 ... am I up to it?

Here's a bit of a toe dipper I did this arvo ..

I'm in Templestowe. Started on B/burn rd just near King Rd and up to
Anderson's Creek Rd. Onto ACR and down past Reynolds Rd to Warrandyte Rd.
Along WR through the village all the way to the bridge then the roundabout.
Took the left to Kangaroo Ground and headed up that hill to what seemed to
be the top .. a bus stop near Bloom St .... back the same way ... a total of
25kms in about an hour

Am I ready master?

Old June 15th 05, 09:55 AM
DaveB

Marc Bishop wrote:
Here's a bit of a toe dipper I did this arvo ..

I'm in Templestowe. Started on B/burn rd just near King Rd and up to
Anderson's Creek Rd. Onto ACR and down past Reynolds Rd to Warrandyte Rd.
Along WR through the village all the way to the bridge then the roundabout.
Took the left to Kangaroo Ground and headed up that hill to what seemed to
be the top .. a bus stop near Bloom St .... back the same way ... a total of
25kms in about an hour

Am I ready master?

Yep, that first climb out of Warrandyte is the hardest part. From there
to K Ground is rolling hills. 25kms in an hour along there, you're
ready. Be there at 7:20 Sunday morning.

DaveB
Old June 15th 05, 10:03 AM
flyingdutch

Marc Bishop Wrote:
Here's a bit of a toe dipper I did this arvo ..

I'm in Templestowe. Started on B/burn rd just near King Rd and up to
Anderson's Creek Rd. Onto ACR and down past Reynolds Rd to Warrandyt
Rd.
Along WR through the village all the way to the bridge then th
roundabout.
Took the left to Kangaroo Ground and headed up that hill to what seeme
be the top .. a bus stop near Bloom St .... back the same way ...
total of
25kms in about an hour

Am I ready master?

Aye skipper! Hey, we're gonna be overloaded with GIANTs !!

remember coffee/muffin moula :

--
flyingdutch

Old June 15th 05, 10:39 PM
blah

Marc Bishop wrote:
Here's a bit of a toe dipper I did this arvo ..

I'm in Templestowe. Started on B/burn rd just near King Rd and up to
Anderson's Creek Rd. Onto ACR and down past Reynolds Rd to Warrandyte Rd.
Along WR through the village all the way to the bridge then the roundabout.
Took the left to Kangaroo Ground and headed up that hill to what seemed to
be the top .. a bus stop near Bloom St .... back the same way ... a total of
25kms in about an hour

Am I ready master?

Yep - easy peasy at that pace. Pace yourself if you're not used to
longer (70-95km) rides, but other than that, you'll do fine.

Old June 15th 05, 11:57 PM

I use to drive sort of that route to work and it is *hilly*.
U guys are mad.

Old June 16th 05, 12:39 AM
Carl Brewer

On 15 Jun 2005 14:39:48 -0700, "blah" wrote:

Marc Bishop wrote:
Here's a bit of a toe dipper I did this arvo ..

I'm in Templestowe. Started on B/burn rd just near King Rd and up to
Anderson's Creek Rd. Onto ACR and down past Reynolds Rd to Warrandyte Rd.
Along WR through the village all the way to the bridge then the roundabout.
Took the left to Kangaroo Ground and headed up that hill to what seemed to
be the top .. a bus stop near Bloom St .... back the same way ... a total of
25kms in about an hour

Am I ready master?

Yep - easy peasy at that pace. Pace yourself if you're not used to
longer (70-95km) rides, but other than that, you'll do fine.

and remember to EAT!

Old June 16th 05, 12:46 AM
Tamyka Bell

Marc Bishop wrote:
Here's a bit of a toe dipper I did this arvo ..

I'm in Templestowe. Started on B/burn rd just near King Rd and up to
Anderson's Creek Rd. Onto ACR and down past Reynolds Rd to Warrandyte Rd.
Along WR through the village all the way to the bridge then the roundabout.
Took the left to Kangaroo Ground and headed up that hill to what seemed to
be the top .. a bus stop near Bloom St .... back the same way ... a total of
25kms in about an hour

Am I ready master?

Yep - easy peasy at that pace. Pace yourself if you're not used to
longer (70-95km) rides, but other than that, you'll do fine.

and remember to EAT!

LOTS! And as a back up plan, Carl has jelly snakes...

Tam
Old June 16th 05, 01:56 AM
Claes

Marc Bishop wrote:
Here's a bit of a toe dipper I did this arvo ..

I'm in Templestowe. Started on B/burn rd just near King Rd and u

Anderson's Creek Rd. Onto ACR and down past Reynolds Rd t

Warrandyte Rd.
Along WR through the village all the way to the bridge then th

roundabout.
Took the left to Kangaroo Ground and headed up that hill to wha

seemed to
be the top .. a bus stop near Bloom St .... back the same way ...

total of
25kms in about an hour

Am I ready master?

Yep - easy peasy at that pace. Pace yourself if you're not used to
longer (70-95km) rides, but other than that, you'll do fine.

and remember to EAT!

Ha ha, this triggers a memory from BR15 or so. I brought a frien
along, had never done a long ride. I told him to bring 3 bananas an
sportsdrink and stuff, he got ****ed off with and asked if we wer
going on some fekking picknic. He did not bonk, and was gratefu
afterwards though. :

--
Claes

Old June 16th 05, 02:10 AM
GPLama

"Claes" wrote in message ...

Ha ha, this triggers a memory from BR15 or so. I brought a friend
along, had never done a long ride. I told him to bring 3 bananas and
sportsdrink and stuff, he got ****ed off with and asked if we were
going on some fekking picknic. He did not bonk, and was grateful
afterwards though.

1.5 drink bottles and two muesli bars usually do the trick for me..
depending on effort, heat, and diet before Sunday..

So will Banana Man be showing up on Sunday?

cheers,
GPL

Old June 16th 05, 02:31 AM
Tamyka Bell

Claes wrote:

Ha ha, this triggers a memory from BR15 or so. I brought a friend
along, had never done a long ride. I told him to bring 3 bananas and
sportsdrink and stuff, he got ****ed off with and asked if we were
going on some fekking picknic. He did not bonk, and was grateful
afterwards though.

--
Claes

That's pretty funny. I would've said "yes, don't forget to bring the
basket... I'll bring the chicken and champagne..."

3 bananas in one ride, that's a bit full-on... I need variety.
Sandwiches, lollies, choc bars, protein bars, a variety of flavours for
my sports drinks... crap, I do go on long-ride picnics!

Tam