learning to ride- help please!

Old July 5th 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default learning to ride- help please!

hey, ive had my uni for about a year now and am finding it hard to get
anywhere. when i have support to get up i can ride without help for
about 50metres (always going to the right for some reason). i find that
after a while i seem to go to fast and my legs cant move fast enough
aah and i cant stop myself tensing up and putting all my weight on the
pedals rather then the saddle. also what height should i have it at,
because i was doing a circus workshop the other day and i was doing
really well because the one i was riding had a thicker tire, but the
guy sed i had it to high so i was out of control but any lower and i
feel a bit like a giraffe on a scooter. and tips that could help would
be greatly appreciated cheers.
rosy

--
rosybob_and_my_uni-cycle
rosybob_and_my_uni-cycle's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12600

Old July 5th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

the seat should be at the height where when the pedal is at the bottom
your leg is almost fully extended.

if you've been riding for a year and are still having this problem,
something is definitely wrong. what kind of unicycle do you have? if
you've got one of those cheap, cheesy, old, wal-mart type unicycles
with cottered cranks.

if you're speeding up out of control, then you need to learn more
control of the cranks. you should be able to push back on the cranks
when they come up the other side, in order to slow down.

--
ice_cold_uni6

*-_chug_counterfeit_tobasco_sauce_while_holding_b ananas_for_christ_-*
PM if you want in.

harper wrote:
read through MR? i'd rather drink bleach. it's more refreshing.

ice_cold_uni6's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12352

Old July 6th 06, 06:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

On Wed, 5 Jul 2006 13:06:47 -0500, rosybob_and_my_uni-cycle wrote:

and tips that could help would
be greatly appreciated

Download "Learning to Unicycle" from
http://www.xs4all.nl/~klaasbil/uni_beginners.htm

Klaas Bil - Newsgroup Addict
--
"I'm slowly but surely stealing Wales and bringing it back to my house on the wheel, frame and cranks of my muni. - phil"