Idiots driving around with fog lights on WHEN THERE'S NO FOG

Old December 4th 06, 09:46 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
'Arf

Default Idiots driving around with fog lights on WHEN THERE'S NO FOG

Aeek wrote:
On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 21:42:08 +1100, "bikerbetty"
wrote:

Big help for spotting you in my bicycle's mirror when I'm screaming
down Barry Drive next to the bus lane, but then I choose to look for
bikes.

You should use the bicycle paths instead of endangering yourself and
obstructing the road with your slow-moving vehicle.

I used to dream of a recoiless rifle as an appropriate response to
being horned at pointlessly close range. Nowdays it would be an RPG7.

Old December 4th 06, 10:09 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Simon Brooke

in message . com, 'Arf

wrote:

Big help for spotting you in my bicycle's mirror when I'm screaming
down Barry Drive next to the bus lane, but then I choose to look for
bikes.

You should use the bicycle paths instead of endangering yourself and
obstructing the road with your slow-moving vehicle.

Don't troll. Cycle paths are much more dangerous than roads.

;; this is not a .sig
Old December 4th 06, 10:26 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Aeek

On 4 Dec 2006 12:46:45 -0800, "'Arf"
wrote:

Aeek wrote:

Big help for spotting you in my bicycle's mirror when I'm screaming
down Barry Drive next to the bus lane, but then I choose to look for
bikes.

You should use the bicycle paths instead of endangering yourself and
obstructing the road with your slow-moving vehicle.

60kmh in a 60kmh zone, RIght I should be on the paths.
Faster than the cars most mornings, so they should move off the road
for my convenience? There is space to share.
Old December 4th 06, 10:32 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
LSMike

'Arf wrote:
You should use the bicycle paths instead of endangering yourself and
obstructing the road with your slow-moving vehicle.

Now why would most cyclists want to use a psyclepath when the road is
perfectly good, faster, when psyclepaths are generally more dangerous,
don't go where I want to go, full of debris, etc. etc. Silly blighter!
That, or you're a troll and ICMFP.

Old December 4th 06, 11:12 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Paul Rudin

wrote:

Big help for spotting you in my bicycle's mirror when I'm screaming
down Barry Drive next to the bus lane, but then I choose to look for
bikes.

You should use the bicycle paths instead of endangering yourself and
obstructing the road with your slow-moving vehicle.

Slow moving? I've done a lot of driving and cyling in urban
settings. IME cycling is faster than driving on average. Is your
experience otherwise?
Old December 5th 06, 09:36 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
'Arf

Default Cycling Idiots clogging up the roads

Paul Rudin wrote:

wrote:

Big help for spotting you in my bicycle's mirror when I'm screaming
down Barry Drive next to the bus lane, but then I choose to look for
bikes.

You should use the bicycle paths instead of endangering yourself and
obstructing the road with your slow-moving vehicle.

Slow moving? I've done a lot of driving and cyling in urban
settings. IME cycling is faster than driving on average. Is your
experience otherwise?

Considering I distinctly recall a bushfire crossing Barry Drive a good
few years ago, we're clearly not talking about an "Urban SETTING".

Bicycles are not faster than cars, they lack acceleration and their
riders have a comprehensive disregard for the rules of the road and
their fellow road users.

They're basically a selfish cack of punts.

Old December 5th 06, 09:57 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
tallbloke

"'Arf" wrote in news:1165350962.876836.235830@
79g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

Bicycles are not faster than cars, they lack acceleration and their
riders have a comprehensive disregard for the rules of the road and
their fellow road users.

They're basically a selfish cack of punts.

Being a car driver, motorcyclist and cyclist I don't have a problem sharing
the highway with other road users, whereas you obviously do.

So who's being the selfish 2@ here?

--
tallbloke

Old December 5th 06, 09:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Pat in TX

Bicycles are not faster than cars, they lack acceleration and their
riders have a comprehensive disregard for the rules of the road and
their fellow road users.

And yet, they are legally entitled to use the road, so deal with it and stop
whining.

Old December 5th 06, 10:03 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
'Arf

tallbloke wrote:
"'Arf" wrote in news:1165350962.876836.235830@
79g2000cws.googlegroups.com:

Bicycles are not faster than cars, they lack acceleration and their
riders have a comprehensive disregard for the rules of the road and
their fellow road users.

They're basically a selfish cack of punts.

Being a car driver, motorcyclist and cyclist I don't have a problem sharing
the highway with other road users, whereas you obviously do.

So who's being the selfish 2@ here?

When I'm on the road, I use it with consideration for its other users.

Cyclists show no such consideration: they threaten pedestrians, ignore
red lights, stop signs, give way signs (in fact they ignore all road
rules) and ride in such a way as to cause maximum amount of obstruction
to faster vehicles.

Old December 5th 06, 10:13 PM posted to canb.general,uk.rec.cycling,rec.bicycles.misc
Aeek

On 5 Dec 2006 12:36:02 -0800, "'Arf"
wrote:

Considering I distinctly recall a bushfire crossing Barry Drive a good
few years ago, we're clearly not talking about an "Urban SETTING".

Its in the center of a city so clearly you're making this crap up as
you go. Do you believe any of what you're spouting?
Not that urban or ortherwise is any reason not to share the road.