Looking for tandem trailer-bike

Old April 14th 06, 01:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Default Looking for tandem trailer-bike

Hi --

I'm looking for the brand name of a tandem bicycle trail-along; one
of those devices that allows you to ride your bike with, not one but
two kids riding along behind you.

I've also heard them called Alley-cat (brand name), trailer bike,
and tag-along. Once or twice I've seen tandem ones, but can't seem
to locate a brand name online.

Any help out there?

Thanks,
- marty

Old April 14th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Marty Billingsley wrote:

Hi --

I'm looking for the brand name of a tandem bicycle trail-along; one
of those devices that allows you to ride your bike with, not one but
two kids riding along behind you.

I've also heard them called Alley-cat (brand name), trailer bike,
and tag-along. Once or twice I've seen tandem ones, but can't seem
to locate a brand name online.

Any help out there?

Thanks,
- marty

Only one I know of comes from the UK- not cheap but looks well designed
and constructed

http://www.pashley.co.uk/brilliant/p...plus2_half.htm

PRODUCT GEARS COLOUR PRICE
U plus - 2 7 Bright Red £545.00
Old April 15th 06, 12:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Marty Billingsley wrote:
I'm looking for the brand name of a tandem bicycle trail-along; one
of those devices that allows you to ride your bike with, not one but
two kids riding along behind you.

I've also heard them called Alley-cat (brand name), trailer bike,
and tag-along. Once or twice I've seen tandem ones, but can't seem
to locate a brand name online.

Any help out there?

Adams Trail-a-bike used to make a tandem version. Googling shows some
product recalls which might be why their product page doesn't show the
two-fer.

http://www.trail-a-bike.com/ click on TRAIL for the English page

Try tandemmag.com's classifieds for used TABs. They go fast there.

HTH

--Karen D.
who went with a tandem bike and single TAB

Old April 15th 06, 12:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

I wrote:
...Googling ...

Found one on A Certain Auction Site that's ended. Keywords would
include "2 kids tandem" along with "trail a bike" or "trailer bike"
which is what most seem to call them.

HTH

--Karen D.

Old April 15th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

Marty Billingsley wrote:
Hi --

I'm looking for the brand name of a tandem bicycle trail-along; one
of those devices that allows you to ride your bike with, not one but
two kids riding along behind you.

I've also heard them called Alley-cat (brand name), trailer bike,
and tag-along. Once or twice I've seen tandem ones, but can't seem
to locate a brand name online.

See "http://www.pashley.co.uk/brilliant/products/uplus2_half.htm"

You'd have to go to the UK to buy one.
Old April 15th 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

In article ,
SMS wrote:
Marty Billingsley wrote:
Hi --

I'm looking for the brand name of a tandem bicycle trail-along; one
of those devices that allows you to ride your bike with, not one but
two kids riding along behind you.

I've also heard them called Alley-cat (brand name), trailer bike,
and tag-along. Once or twice I've seen tandem ones, but can't seem
to locate a brand name online.

See "http://www.pashley.co.uk/brilliant/products/uplus2_half.htm"

You'd have to go to the UK to buy one.

Those are beautiful. Think they'd ship overseas?

- marty