More California

Old August 25th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

Default More California

having recently returned to mediaville after a long abcess
i was intrigued by the California Angels mlb annucking team speaking
babytalk and turning common wording like seams into seami drool drool
like two common street whores standing in an alley hustling drunks.

Old August 25th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I smell a grant application...

The Amsterdam breweries and brothels must have enhanced
your senses.

Old August 26th 07, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Donald Munro wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I smell a grant application...

The Amsterdam breweries and brothels must have enhanced
your senses.

Greece was awesome. I hardly did any riding, but I drank a lot of beer.

Oddly, Heineken is one of the most popular brands,

Old August 26th 07, 02:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

wrote:
On Aug 24, 3:17 pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:

As dumbasses go, you're one in a billion. Approximately.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...3260cec15a69a3

Yes, it is important to get the scale right.

The estimate of the world population during the 2007 Tour was
6.6 billion(1). How many PhD demographers did you have around
your dining room table discussing an inaccurate (imagine that!)
Wikipedia entry. I'll let Connelly complete the math, including
estimates as a function of time.

Bob Schwartz

(1) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population - The Gold
Standard for accuracy.
Old August 26th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Greece was awesome. I hardly did any riding, but I drank a lot of beer.

Oddly, Heineken is one of the most popular brands,

One sip of Retsina will tell you why foreign products are preferred.

Shame you didn't go anyplace that served andouillette.

Bob Schwartz
Old August 26th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Bob Schwartz wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Greece was awesome. I hardly did any riding, but I drank a lot of beer.

Oddly, Heineken is one of the most popular brands,

One sip of Retsina will tell you why foreign products are preferred.

Shame you didn't go anyplace that served andouillette.

I'd think you could get it in Amsterdam. After all, ED's description of typical
Dutch food is, "Pretty much like French, only with more mayonnaise."

--
tanx,
Howard

Fabergé eggs are elegant but I prefer Fabergé bacon.

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old August 26th 07, 03:20 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
datakoll

I said, "It smells like Asia"
She said, " that's kelp stupid."

Old August 26th 07, 04:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Howard Kveck wrote:

In article ,
Bob Schwartz wrote:

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
Greece was awesome. I hardly did any riding, but I drank a lot of beer.

Oddly, Heineken is one of the most popular brands,

One sip of Retsina will tell you why foreign products are preferred.

You don't know the half of it. First off, let me say that the local
brew, Mythos, is a perfectly nice lager.

Second, as part of the Feast of the Assumption celebrations, there was a
mass at the local church dedicated to Mary. In a very civilized
tradition, after church there were cookies and hard liquor. In a
profoundly insane tradition, the liquor in question was mastica.

It's mastic-flavoured liquor.

Now, I'll drink an awful lot, and it is true that I drank two different
cups of this stuff on two different occasions. Maybe three. But it's not
very good at all.

Shame you didn't go anyplace that served andouillette.

I ate "local sausage" about 5 times. Not really spicy, but really
flavourful. One of my favourite meals, though I had so much good food in
Greece it beggared the mind. There was this grilled octopus at a cafe in
Athens....

I'd think you could get it in Amsterdam. After all, ED's description of
typical
Dutch food is, "Pretty much like French, only with more mayonnaise."

True story: we stayed with my wife's cousin, the well-traveled, urbane
Malou, on our short overnight layover in Amsterdam. She asked where we
wanted to eat, and I said something like "I'd like to have a traditional
Dutch dinner." She looked at me like I had two heads and said there
hardly was such a thing. We had some wonderful Spanish food, instead.

Greece is pretty much the opposite: all Greek food, all the time.

Old August 26th 07, 05:05 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Aug 23, 9:40 pm, "Jim Flom" wrote:
"Dan Connelly" wrote in message

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

Why would you even care about such a thing?

Because I care how long I am expected to live, not previous generations.

http://www.nmfn.com/tn/learnctr--lif...-longevity_end

Maybe Dan's epitaph will be:

"BURIED BY THE LAW OF AVERAGES"

Sorry for the morbid humor.

In California... Andre Racing 5 February 16th 07 08:15 PM
something we need from california Andy Gee General 3 October 26th 05 09:56 PM
ha California! aeek Australia 0 August 16th 04 08:36 AM
ha California! aeek Australia 1 August 16th 04 07:08 AM
California here we come! shabby Unicycling 9 April 23rd 04 01:08 AM