mushrooms, riding and the economy

Old May 16th 09, 02:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

Default mushrooms, riding and the economy

The weather is finally fairer, and so am I.
Boy, do I ever need some solar exposure to
tint my melanin. As I encounter other riders
around town, I note I'm not the only one.

The working life hasn't been kind to my cycling
life, or for that matter, my dearly departed
bike tan.

But things at work have been so slow lately,
I'm finding myself having more free time (but
less disposable income) for riding around. I
expect I'm not alone there, either. I wonder
how other riders in similar straits are coping?

cheers,
Tom

--
Nothing is safe from me.
I'm really at:
Old May 16th 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Brian Huntley

On May 15, 9:32*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
The weather is finally fairer, and so am I.
Boy, do I ever need some solar exposure to
tint my melanin. *As I encounter other riders
around town, I note I'm not the only one.

The working life hasn't been kind to my cycling
life, or for that matter, my dearly departed
bike tan.

I know what you mean. I was planning to wear shorts all weekend to try
to take some of the 'dead fish belly' look off my legs so I could wear
shorts to work soon ("to", not "at"). But the forcast is rain, again.
Old May 16th 09, 03:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom_Sherman

Tom Keats wrote:
The weather is finally fairer, and so am I.
Boy, do I ever need some solar exposure to
tint my melanin. As I encounter other riders
around town, I note I'm not the only one.

The working life hasn't been kind to my cycling
life, or for that matter, my dearly departed
bike tan.

But things at work have been so slow lately,
I'm finding myself having more free time (but
less disposable income) for riding around. I
expect I'm not alone there, either. I wonder
how other riders in similar straits are coping?

"And for those of us who have never enjoyed job security, union
protection, tenure, a retirement plan, a secure job in a solid
corporation or booming industry, the jobs we do to put the macaroni on
the dinner table are ours to select only from the jobs we are offered"
- Christopher Cooper

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
Old May 16th 09, 04:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Brian Huntley writes:
On May 15, 9:32*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
The weather is finally fairer, and so am I.
Boy, do I ever need some solar exposure to
tint my melanin. *As I encounter other riders
around town, I note I'm not the only one.

The working life hasn't been kind to my cycling
life, or for that matter, my dearly departed
bike tan.

I know what you mean. I was planning to wear shorts all weekend to try
to take some of the 'dead fish belly' look off my legs so I could wear
shorts to work soon ("to", not "at"). But the forcast is rain, again.

Oh, well. Even if it rains, at least it's still warm
enough for wearing shorts. And fingerless gloves.

Might get the odd shower on Sunday, steadier rain on
Monday (Victoria Day.)

In a couple of weeks the crows will be brooding, and
attacking everyone who gets too close to their nests.

cheers,
Tom

Old May 18th 09, 01:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Tom Keats

In article ,
Phil W Lee phil(at)lee-family(dot)me(dot)uk writes:
Brian Huntley considered Fri, 15 May 2009
19:24:27 -0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

On May 15, 9:32*pm, (Tom Keats) wrote:
The weather is finally fairer, and so am I.
Boy, do I ever need some solar exposure to
tint my melanin. *As I encounter other riders
around town, I note I'm not the only one.

The working life hasn't been kind to my cycling
life, or for that matter, my dearly departed
bike tan.

I know what you mean. I was planning to wear shorts all weekend to try
to take some of the 'dead fish belly' look off my legs so I could wear
shorts to work soon ("to", not "at"). But the forcast is rain, again.

I wear shorts year round.
In my case, I think it's rust, not tan.

I've been having to wear sunglasses just to mitigate
the gleam off all the other rider's legs. I'm sure
I'm contributory, too.

Some of the heartier riding souls in Vancouver wear
shorts the year 'round, too. But not I.

It's been such a lovely holiday weekend (Monday is
Victoria Day in Canada,) despite dire weather forecasts.

It just feels so good to finally thaw out, and be
comfortably warm in sunlight. The tune: "The Sheltering
Sky" from King Krimson's "Discipline" album comes to mind.

cheers,
Tom