womens sport in muslim countries

Old February 8th 10, 07:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

Default womens sport in muslim countries

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,
Henry wrote:

I should know better, but it is a genuine question.

We were watching some womens bike race, I think it was in Qatar, and
the wife commented that it was fecking hot and why did they all have
their jeyseys zipped (I was wondering too, but not the same reason

It's a dry heat.

And. What _is_ this thing with Liz Hatch ?

1) She is (among women's cyclists) arguably faster than anyone
prettier, and prettier than anyone faster.

Incorrect.

I can name at least 10 women cuter, prettier and sexier then Liz Hatch who
are women's UCI pros, however you did say arguably!

Old February 8th 10, 07:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,
Henry wrote:

I should know better, but it is a genuine question.

We were watching some womens bike race, I think it was in Qatar, and
the wife commented that it was fecking hot and why did they all have
their jeyseys zipped (I was wondering too, but not the same reason

It's a dry heat.

And. What _is_ this thing with Liz Hatch ?

1) She is (among women's cyclists) arguably faster than anyone
prettier, and prettier than anyone faster.

Incorrect.

I can name at least 10 women cuter, prettier and sexier then Liz
Hatch who are women's UCI pros, however you did say arguably!

Oh, morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet. Of course this ten women are also
faster then Hatch!

Old February 8th 10, 08:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Feb 8, 11:21*am, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,
Henry wrote:

I should know better, but it is a genuine question.

We were watching some womens bike race, I think it was in Qatar, and
the wife commented that it was fecking hot and why did they all have
their jeyseys zipped (I was wondering too, but not the same reason

It's a dry heat.

And. What _is_ this thing with Liz Hatch ?

1) She is (among women's cyclists) arguably faster than anyone
prettier, and prettier than anyone faster.

Incorrect.

I can name at least 10 women cuter, prettier and sexier then Liz
Hatch who are women's UCI pros, however you did say arguably!

Oh, morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet. Of course this ten women are also
faster then Hatch!

define 'faster'
Old February 8th 10, 10:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
ilan[_2_]

On Feb 8, 4:38*am, Henry wrote:
I should know better, but it is a genuine question.

We were watching some womens bike race, I think it was in Qatar, and
the wife commented that it was fecking hot and why did they all have
their jeyseys zipped (I was wondering too, but not the same reason
I made the assumption it was to do with islam and modesty, but of
course have no idea. I have read that in some islamic countries women
have their own sports facilities so that no men get corrupted; so no
beach volleyball then, let alone swimming! Who was that Dutch swimmer
that posed in that white suit....
I can't imagine Saudi allows any womens sport. As for Afghanistan in
the Taleban era I believe it was a capital offence to fly a kite let
alone ride a bicycle.

And. What _is_ this thing with Liz Hatch ?

If I remember correctly, the Islamic Republic of Iran had a women's
team in one of the last Olympic Games in shooting, which allowed them
to wear their modest garb (since this sport doesn't require much
physical exertion).

Otherwise, there have been a number of very successful female athletes
from Islamic countries which do not strictly observe Islamic law. In
particular, Nawal El Moutawakel of Morocco who won the 1984 100m
hurdles was one of the first. There is also Hassiba Boulmerka, a top
middle distance runner of the 1990's from Algeria. There was much
pressure from Islamic fundamentalists due to her wearing skimpy
running attire and she eventually had to move to Europe to train. She
is currently athletes representative for the IOC and had to choose
between London and Paris for 2012, if I recall correctly, she was all
excited to meet Bernard Hinault who was representing the Paris bid.

-ilan
Old February 8th 10, 10:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

Scott wrote:
On Feb 8, 11:21 am, "GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article
,
Henry wrote:

I should know better, but it is a genuine question.

We were watching some womens bike race, I think it was in Qatar,
and the wife commented that it was fecking hot and why did they
all have their jeyseys zipped (I was wondering too, but not the
same reason

It's a dry heat.

And. What _is_ this thing with Liz Hatch ?

1) She is (among women's cyclists) arguably faster than anyone
prettier, and prettier than anyone faster.

Incorrect.

I can name at least 10 women cuter, prettier and sexier then Liz
Hatch who are women's UCI pros, however you did say arguably!

Oh, morning coffee hasn't kicked in yet. Of course this ten women
are also faster then Hatch!

define 'faster'

no, but I'll pick top ten based on looks.

1. Tiffany Cromwell http://www.google.com/images?q=Tiffany-Cromwell
2. Chantal Blaak http://www.google.com/images?q=Chantal-BLAAK
3. Rochelle Gilmore http://www.google.com/images?q=Rochelle-GILMORE
4. Modesta Vzesniauskaite
http://www.google.com/images?q=Modesta-Vzesniauskaite
5. Jennifer Hohl http://www.google.com/images?q=Jennifer-Hohl
6. Anna Sanchis http://www.google.com/images?q=Anna-Sanchis
7. Emma Johansson http://www.google.com/images?q=Emma-Johansson
8. Laura Lepaslu http://www.google.com/images?q=Laura-Lepasalu
9. Monica Bacaille http://www.google.com/images?q=Monia-BACCAILLE
10. Emilia Fahlin http://www.google.com/images?q=Emilia-Fahlin

After that, I would say these girls are worth consideration, a few domestic
NRC girls in this group..

Luisa-Tamanini http://www.google.com/images?q=Luisa-Tamanini
Audrey-Lemieux http://www.google.com/images?q=Audrey-Lemieux
Dotsie-Bausch http://www.google.com/images?q=Dotsie-Bausch
Andrea-Thurig http://www.google.com/images?q=Andrea-Thurig
Sarah-Duester http://www.google.com/images?q=Sarah-Duester
Tereza-Hurikova http://www.google.com/images?q=Tereza-Hurikova
Veronica-Andreasson http://www.google.com/images?q=Veronica-Andreasson
Julie-Krasniak http://www.google.com/images?q=Julie-Krasniak
Lizzie-Armitstead http://www.google.com/images?q=Lizzie-Armitstead
Monique-VAN-DE-REE http://www.google.com/images?q=Monique-VAN-DE-REE
Nathalie-LAMBORELLE http://www.google.com/images?q=Nathalie-LAMBORELLE
BUBNENKOVA-Svetlana http://www.google.com/images?q=BUBNENKOVA-Svetlana
VILUNAITE-Erika http://www.google.com/images?q=VILUNAITE-Erika
ANDRUK-Alona http://www.google.com/images?q=ANDRUK-Alona
LELEIVYTE-Rasa http://www.google.com/images?q=LELEIVYTE-Rasa
Alison-Starnes http://www.google.com/images?q=Alison-Starnes
Jerika-Hutchinson http://www.google.com/images?q=Jerika-Hutchinson
Seley-Kristina http://www.google.com/images?q=Seley-Kristina
Patella-Martina http://www.google.com/images?q=Patella-Martina
Katrien-VAN-LOOY http://www.google.com/images?q=Katrien-VAN-LOOY
Emmanuelle-MERLOT http://www.google.com/images?q=Emmanuelle-MERLOT
LAZZERINI-Giulia http://www.google.com/images?q=LAZZERINI-Giulia
LEAL-Verónica http://www.google.com/images?q=LEAL-Verónica
Carla-RYAN http://www.google.com/images?q=Carla-RYAN
Andrea-BOSMAN http://www.google.com/images?q=Andrea-BOSMAN

Old February 8th 10, 11:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

On the riders worth consideration, it seems Google images doesn't find
results as well with last name first, so corrected these...

http://www.google.com/images?q=Martina-Patella
http://www.google.com/images?q=Svetlana-BUBNENKOVA
http://www.google.com/images?q=Erika-VILUNAITE
http://www.google.com/images?q=Alona-ANDRUK
http://www.google.com/images?q=Rasa-LELEIVYTE
http://www.google.com/images?q=Kristina-Seley
http://www.google.com/images?q=Giulia-LAZZERINI
http://www.google.com/images?q=Veronica-LEAL

Old February 8th 10, 11:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
GoneBeforeMyTime[_2_]

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

And of course, it wouldn't be fair to leave out Victoria Pendleton or Hanka
Kupfernagel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uHU9YexN0Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4jJCMQ5vRM

Old February 8th 10, 11:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
A. Dumas

GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
Victoria Pendleton

For me, the only one possibly challenging for
faster-prettier/prettier-faster leader.
Old February 9th 10, 12:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Feb 8, 3:53*pm, "A. Dumas" wrote:
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:
Victoria Pendleton

For me, the only one possibly challenging for
faster-prettier/prettier-faster leader.

If we're talking current riders, perhaps. Let's not forget Marianne
Berglund, if we're open to retired riders.
Old February 9th 10, 01:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

"GoneBeforeMyTime" wrote in message
GoneBeforeMyTime wrote:

On the riders worth consideration, it seems Google images doesn't find
results as well with last name first, so corrected these...

http://www.google.com/images?q=Martina-Patella
http://www.google.com/images?q=Svetlana-BUBNENKOVA
http://www.google.com/images?q=Erika-VILUNAITE
http://www.google.com/images?q=Alona-ANDRUK
http://www.google.com/images?q=Rasa-LELEIVYTE
http://www.google.com/images?q=Kristina-Seley
http://www.google.com/images?q=Giulia-LAZZERINI
http://www.google.com/images?q=Veronica-LEAL

Dumbass -

Why are you leaving out Rochelle Gilmore?

http://bf-one.com/z-1/Renkwartier/Ro...more-1-com.jpg

thanks,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.