Avocet Touring WII saddle replacement

Old November 19th 12, 12:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default Avocet Touring WII saddle replacement

I dithered around about replacing my saddle until the Avocet Touring
WII was discontinued, and soon the old saddle will be worn so badly
that a saddle that doesn't quite fit would be more comfortable.

Which currently-available saddle is the least-bad substitute for an
Avocet Touring WII?

--
Joy Beeson
joy beeson at comcast dot net
Old November 19th 12, 01:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 11/18/2012 6:47 PM, Joy Beeson wrote:

I dithered around about replacing my saddle until the Avocet Touring
WII was discontinued, and soon the old saddle will be worn so badly
that a saddle that doesn't quite fit would be more comfortable.

Which currently-available saddle is the least-bad substitute for an
Avocet Touring WII?

That was made by Selle Italia. Maybe look for their Turbo
Lady, very similar product (also discontinued).

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old November 19th 12, 04:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

they are out there

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...iw=960&bih=512

My butt likes Specialized, search there. Hard butt compliiant.

Shoe Goo on an isopropyl cleaned dry surface repairs saddles with a thick pliable ong lasting coating. With cool temps and cooled Shoe Goo, the appl;ication is self leveling with a cut ploy jug speader as with fiberglas work.

Buy from Home Depot. Shoe Goo has several types use the outdoor type.
The auto type is hardest.

Shoe Goo cures with a deep toxic fume release.

Try placing a grocery store plastic carry bag over the seat after gooing or ot herwise. A bagged saddle reduces friction for butt and saddle giving more touring mileage before butt death
Old November 19th 12, 04:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:25:32 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:
they are out there

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...iw=960&bih=512

My butt likes Specialized, search there. Hard butt compliiant.

Shoe Goo on an isopropyl cleaned dry surface repairs saddles with a thick pliable ong lasting coating. With cool temps and cooled Shoe Goo, the appl;ication is self leveling with a cut ploy jug speader as with fiberglas work.

Buy from Home Depot. Shoe Goo has several types use the outdoor type.

The auto type is hardest.

Shoe Goo cures with a deep toxic fume release.

Try placing a grocery store plastic carry bag over the seat after gooing or ot herwise. A bagged saddle reduces friction for butt and saddle giving more touring mileage before butt death

curing Goo takes at least a week in moderate temps. Itsnot an apartment op.
Old November 19th 12, 04:35 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:27:47 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:
On Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:25:32 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:

they are out there

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...iw=960&bih=512

My butt likes Specialized, search there. Hard butt compliiant.

Shoe Goo on an isopropyl cleaned dry surface repairs saddles with a thick pliable ong lasting coating. With cool temps and cooled Shoe Goo, the appl;ication is self leveling with a cut ploy jug speader as with fiberglas work.

Buy from Home Depot. Shoe Goo has several types use the outdoor type.

The auto type is hardest.

Shoe Goo cures with a deep toxic fume release.

Try placing a grocery store plastic carry bag over the seat after gooing or ot herwise. A bagged saddle reduces friction for butt and saddle giving more touring mileage before butt death

curing Goo takes at least a week in moderate temps. Itsnot an apartment op.

butt off course

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/hub/womens/

Old November 19th 12, 11:06 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
john B.

On Sun, 18 Nov 2012 19:47:25 -0500, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I dithered around about replacing my saddle until the Avocet Touring
WII was discontinued, and soon the old saddle will be worn so badly
that a saddle that doesn't quite fit would be more comfortable.

Which currently-available saddle is the least-bad substitute for an
Avocet Touring WII?

Apparently still available on eBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Avoc...-/281014459847
--
Cheers,
John B.
Old November 21st 12, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

On Sunday, November 18, 2012 4:47:36 PM UTC-8, Joy Beeson wrote:
I dithered around about replacing my saddle until the Avocet Touring

WII was discontinued, and soon the old saddle will be worn so badly

that a saddle that doesn't quite fit would be more comfortable.

Which currently-available saddle is the least-bad substitute for an

Avocet Touring WII?

--

Joy Beeson

joy beeson at comcast dot net

Not exactly "currently available" but I've heard good stuff about the Avocet O2 Women's model, both for male and female riders.

These NOS ones even look reasonably priced:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avocet-O2-Ai...item43b4082229
Old November 21st 12, 04:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

the Beeson saddle shape suggests 'hillclimbing' but is a hillclimbing shape more comfy for a large female butt ? Our gluteals differ tween M/F, in fiber structure or fat layers or butt ?

I have not seen a woman climbing a hill.
Old November 21st 12, 04:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:04:06 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:
the Beeson saddle shape suggests 'hillclimbing' but is a hillclimbing shape more comfy for a large female butt ? Our gluteals differ tween M/F, in fiber structure or fat layers or butt ?

I have not seen a woman climbing a hill.

oooooooooo

an explanetory video ?
Old November 21st 12, 12:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:50:09 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:
On Tuesday, November 20, 2012 11:04:06 PM UTC-5, datakoll wrote:

the Beeson saddle shape suggests 'hillclimbing' but is a hillclimbing shape more comfy for a large female butt ? Our gluteals differ tween M/F, in fiber structure or fat layers or butt ?

I have not seen a woman climbing a hill.

oooooooooo

an explanetory video ?

ppppppppp

there's a lot of it....first time I searched here several years ago...7 ?

nada info but now here you go

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...w=1152&bih=614

video would make a good screen saver

Avocet 50 replacement keithv Techniques 2 June 14th 08 05:06 PM
WTB: Avocet 40W saddle Andrew Karre Marketplace 0 October 2nd 05 11:44 PM
does anyone carry avocet? Need Avocet 50 replacement [email protected] Techniques 16 July 7th 05 06:30 AM
wtb: avocet o2 saddle Aram Marketplace 1 November 7th 04 06:46 AM
Avocet Touring Tires Don DeMair Techniques 86 August 15th 04 07:29 AM