The high cost of mountain biking!

Old July 7th 16, 04:54 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]

Default The high cost of mountain biking!

On Wed, 6 Jul 2016 06:31:49 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

Take your "cheers" and shoved it up your ass, you dumb ****ing moron.

Gee Eddie, I hate to tell you but "up your ass" while likely an
expression of affection in your group is hardly a term that is
universally used. Particularly in polite circles.

But I suppose that one has to view with a bit of leeway someone who
spent an entire decade wandering around in the bushes apparently
without contact with civilization.

It would seem though, that when you just a young sprout you must have
been pretty obnoxious else why would your parents be so eager to get
you out of the house? And pay you to stay away.

But, "dumb ****ing moron"? Well, I'm sorry but I'm not sure that is
correct as in fact it seem pretty obvious that I am considerably more
intelligent they you. After all I have known for years and years and
years, that a "Bi" "Cycle" has two wheels, a fact that you seem to
believe is some sort of revelation from, perhaps the "Forest
Primeval", as you mention it in every post.

I suppose that you are trying to inform the unwashed American Hikers
of your great discovery, "My goodness Irving, did you
know, actually know, that a bicycle has two, just imagine it, two
wheels? Isn't that perfectly lovely?"

I guess that along with your weird sexual habits you are probably a
bit forgetful? Old age is it?

Of course there possibly is a simpler explanation, and while I, of
course, would never mention it but you might be a bit feeble minded,
or more in line with American political correctness, "Mentally
Challenged".

Now Dooly, you aren't one of those who are attracted to young boys are
you? With your poor memory I feel that I really should remind you that
the American public, in general, takes a very dim view of that kind of
thing and, heaven forbid, they will even put you in the jail house for
years and years for acting out your visions of ecstasy. NO Dooly,
don't do that, it is very, very naughty to even think it.

But I must go now. I have to take my (female) spouse shopping (I know
that you believe a "female" spouse is a bit unusual) but there it is,
us "normals" are a bit odd.

But do try, with your timely posts, to keep us acquainted with what
the (what should one say?) the queer hikers, the strange hikers, the
faggot hikers? (I'm just not acquainted with current terminology) are
doing these days.
--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 7th 16, 07:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
news16

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 09:16:18 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 06:16:51 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
[...]

Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization ...

Easy;Lambada, Hattusili, Mursili, Murshilish, Mitanni, and Telepini
makes

six. In return, you can write their name in the script of the time.

That was NOT off the top of your head.

Your claim, I studied Ancient History.
Old July 8th 16, 02:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 06:16:51 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
[...]

Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization ...

Easy;Lambada, Hattusili, Mursili, Murshilish, Mitanni, and Telepini
makes

six. In return, you can write their name in the script of the time.

That was NOT off the top of your head.

Your claim, I studied Ancient History.

Well, I did too, but I could not name hardly any figures from those times
other than the most famous ones. I KNOW you had to look it up. No one in
their right mind remembers anything about the Hittites, except how
mysterious and weird they were.

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

Old July 8th 16, 03:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

wrote:

Take your "cheers" and shoved it up your ass, you dumb ****ing moron.

[...]

I guess that along with your weird sexual habits you are probably a

bit forgetful? Old age is it?

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan
[...]

Now Dooly, you aren't one of those who are attracted to young boys are

you? With your poor memory I feel that I really should remind you that
the American public, in general, takes a very dim view of that kind of
thing and, heaven forbid, they will even put you in the jail house for
years and years for acting out your visions of ecstasy. NO Dooly,
don't do that, it is very, very naughty to even think it.

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan

But I must go now. I have to take my (female) spouse shopping (I know

that you believe a "female" spouse is a bit unusual) but there it is,
us "normals" are a bit odd.

Any female that is connected with you has got to be the equivalent of a
female faggot.

But do try, with your timely posts, to keep us acquainted with what

the (what should one say?) the queer hikers, the strange hikers, the
faggot hikers? (I'm just not acquainted with current terminology) are
doing these days.

"The only dumb faggot here is yourself." - Ed Dolan

--

cheers,

John B.

Take your "cheers" and shoved it up your ass, you dumb ****ing moron.

Most repair manuals are far more interesting than you, and far less turgid
to read. I'd get more pleasure from running my nostrils down a cactus, than
reading another contribution from you. Maybe you wouldn't come across as
such a jellyfish-sucking mental midget if you didn't have an intellect
rivaled only by the Village Idiot's stupider brother;

Here's a tip: no one will ever know that you've had a lobotomy if you wear a
wig to hide the scars; stop posting your drivel on message boards, and learn
to control the slobbering. Clearly, the full area of your ignorance is not
yet mapped. We are presently only exploring the fringes of that vast
expanse.

Are you normally this dumb or are you just having a blonde moment? Wouldn't
clues have more room to fit in your head if you got rid of some of the
gobbledygook in there?

In closing, I offer these heartfelt words: Go suck on a frozen pineapple,
asshole.

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota

PS: Total time to compose this reply - 1 minute.

Old July 8th 16, 03:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
news16

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Wed, 06 Jul 2016 06:16:51 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
[...]

Name at least a half a dozen figures from the Hittite civilization ...

Easy;Lambada, Hattusili, Mursili, Murshilish, Mitanni, and Telepini
makes

six. In return, you can write their name in the script of the time.

That was NOT off the top of your head.

Your claim, I studied Ancient History.

Well, I did too, but I could not name hardly any figures from those
times other than the most famous ones. I KNOW you had to look it up. No
one in their right mind remembers anything about the Hittites, except
how mysterious and weird they were.

Lol, projecting again. You need to go bike riding and get more air into
your lungs.
Old July 10th 16, 02:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"news16" wrote in message ...

On Thu, 07 Jul 2016 20:58:33 -0500, EdwardDolan wrote:
[...]

Well, I did too, but I could not name hardly any figures from those
times other than the most famous ones. I KNOW you had to look it up. No
one in their right mind remembers anything about the Hittites, except
how mysterious and weird they were.

Lol, projecting again. You need to go bike riding and get more air into

your lungs.

I have already made a dozen assumptions about you based on your posts to
this newsgroup. The main thing I know about you with full confidence is
that you are an ignoramus bordering on imbecility.

Old July 10th 16, 04:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 21:09:13 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

.. .

wrote:

[...]

Well, greetings Dooley. Sorry to ignore you for the past days but
then, you are rather ignoble.

But, I see you have been busy in my absence I see your fevered reply
to my missive and one bouquet from News and the rest appear to be
Dooley replying to Dooley. Talking to one's self, as it were. Do you
do that a lot?

I mean, we all know about your sexual preferences, not that we
actually applaud the "small boys" antics but there you are. Different
strokes for different folks, as someone said.

But this talking to your self? Well, it just isn't the thing to do you
know. I mean wandering down the street mumbling to your self and
drooling down your shirt front? Just not the thing to do, you know.
Perhaps if you could see your way clear to do just one. You could
mumble without drooling, or maybe drool without mumbling. Perhaps not
really "the thing" in the best of society, but out there. lurking in
the bushes....

What you really should is to get a box and go down there in front of
City Hall. Put the box on the corner and mount up and tell the world
about them big, bad, bicycles, with all them wheels (Goodness, but
they are greedy, why, they got two each, the greedy scoundrels).

See, down there i front of the government people there is no doubt
that someone will listen to you and you WILL get your message out
where everyone will hear it.

But you got to remember Dooley, you can't mumble. No, you have to
speak out in a big voice. Be assertive, show them folks how erudite
you really are.

But while it is said that "great public speakers are born not made"
still it might be wise to practice a bit before the big day.

Perhaps you could get another box for the front yard to practice with.

So, early Sunday morning you could be out there, in the front yard, on
your box (dressed neatly of course) and speaking clearly (no mumbling
now) and here you go:

LISTEN UP EVERYBODY AS I HAVE NEWS! NEWS I SAY!
BICYCLES HAVE TWO WHEELS!
NOT ONE ,BUT TWO, TWO WHEELS!

O.K., now step down off the box, a few deep breaths to recover, maybe
a towel to wipe the fevered brow. And do it again. Keep practicing
until you get it letter perfect. Don't be shy Dooley, Man! you gonna
be da man!

Then Monday morning, down to the main square and up on your box. Don't
be shy now since as they "say early to rise" and all that. Say 06:00.
Oh yes, be sure to use "army" talk. Use the military time system and
talk about tactical this and tactics that. It'll make you look strong
and powerful, and manly.

(yes I know, "manly" isn't really your thing but do it anyway. You can
"come out", as it were, after you are famous)

Yes Sir, Dooley , you can be a legend in your own time. My goodness,
if you had an axe and a cow you could call yourself Paul, instead of
"faggot".

--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 10th 16, 04:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message

On Thu, 7 Jul 2016 21:09:13 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:
[...]

PS: Total time to compose this reply - 1 minute.

Well, greetings Dooley. Sorry to ignore you for the past days but

then, you are rather ignoble.

But, I see you have been busy in my absence I see your fevered reply

to my missive and one bouquet from News and the rest appear to be
Dooley replying to Dooley. Talking to one's self, as it were. Do you
do that a lot?

No one knows who is and who isn't reading these posts, most especially an
idiot like you.

[...]

The only one talking to himself is you.
[...]

O.K., now step down off the box, a few deep breaths to recover, maybe

a towel to wipe the fevered brow. And do it again. Keep practicing
until you get it letter perfect. Don't be shy Dooley, Man! you gonna
be da man!

"The only one talking to himself is you." - Ed Dolan

[...]

PS: Time measured for this post - 1 minute.

Old July 11th 16, 12:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
John B.[_6_]

On Sat, 9 Jul 2016 22:52:33 -0500, "EdwardDolan"
wrote:

"John B." wrote in message
.. .

[...]

Ah Dooley, I see that you are into the cut and past game. I suppose
that a bloke who is so continually amazed with a "Bi"-"Cycle" having
wheels is probably a little short in the mental department. Can't even
compose a reply. On the Internet? In English? Coherently?

But I suppose we are all a bit limited in some manner. I'm a bit
shorter than today's norm and you are, of course, a bit limited in?
Would it be composition skills? Or your English skills? Or, your
mental abilities? "Old Dumb Dooley, the Dunce", is it? Well, as they
say, whatever shakes your tree.

Oh, by the way, Dooley I came across some interesting numbers the
other day. It seems that some U.S. agency counted the numbers of
hikers that utilized public parks and forests and the numbers of
people who rode bicycles and they found that approximately twice as
many people had ridden a bike in the past year as had gone hiking in
the same period.

So in the Hiker-Biker wars the bikers win by a 2 - 1 margin.

Unless or course that you people scampering around there out in the
bushes are advocating some form of Fascism or maybe Communism in
stead of a democracy.

I also came across a post that you, your very own self, apparently
posted some time ago wherein you said: "

"Some of you have me down for a troll, but you have got that most
awfully wrong. Until just recently, I did not even know myself what I
was doing..."

"By gorry", I thought, "he does know what he was talking about then,
but he sure appears to have gone down hill since".

So mentally, I suppose, we can probably view old Dooley as a failure.
Eight or ten years ago he seemed to know what he was talking about but
today he is reduced to cut and past antics... A clear case of
"Age-Related Memory Loss", or perhaps simply brain deterioration. Like
Alzheimer's. By the way the Alzheimer's Association has some tests
that you can take to discover just how advanced your case is.

But I suppose that Shakespeare had it right when he wrote:
"That ends this strange eventful history,
Is second childishness and mere oblivion,
Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything."

--
cheers,

John B.

Old July 11th 16, 02:29 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

"John B." wrote in message
[...]

The John B.(Bull****) usual crap not even read other than to note the extent
of it.

Do you suppose for one minute that I or anyone else is dumb enough to read
anything you write? You are the poorest and the craziest ******* ever to
post to this newsgroup. I would feel sorry for you if you weren't such a
faggot, the one subject on which you showed some expertise.

Post content or get lost!

Whoops ... I just spotted some content, so I will take a bit of time to
respond.

Oh, by the way, Dooley I came across some interesting numbers the

other day. It seems that some U.S. agency counted the numbers of
hikers that utilized public parks and forests and the numbers of
people who rode bicycles and they found that approximately twice as
many people had ridden a bike in the past year as had gone hiking in
the same period.

So in the Hiker-Biker wars the bikers win by a 2 - 1 margin.

I myself do much more cycling than I do walking, but is the biking you
mention above on single track trails in wilderness settings? I doubt it, but
I must admit that hiking has always been for the select few. After all it
take decades of education before one gets to the point of appreciating
nature in a wilderness setting. Most folks never do get to this kind of
knowledge. I suspect it is because they think God created them out of
nothing and that the natural world had little to do with it.

But whether folks are biking or hiking, what does that matter? The world is
full of roads and streets for cycling whereas wilderness trails are
relatively rare. That is reason enough to exclude bikes from single track
wilderness trails. See Mike Vandeman for the many other reasons why bikes do
not belong on single track trails. He is the world expert on the subject
besides being a genius.
[...]