Must Be The Season of the Mud

Old September 19th 17, 11:02 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich[_4_]

Default Must Be The Season of the Mud

The grand tours are over. The smaller races have been pigeon-holed between the end of the season and the first heavy rains.

So it must be the time of year for riders to be training for cross rides.

So what's up Doc?
Old September 21st 17, 04:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_13_]

Tom Kunich a écrit profondement:

| The grand tours are over. The smaller races have been pigeon-holed
| between the end of the season and the first heavy rains.

| So it must be the time of year for riders to be training for cross
| rides.

| So what's up Doc?

Well most noticably, there's Paris-Tours (Or Tours-Paris,
depending upon which way they run it but strangely never change
the name) and Tour of Lombardy.

And we're lucky that at least a large part of the "old time high
end" calendar is still reasonably intact.

But I can remember, as a lad headquartered in Antibes, being able
to race every day in a race paying reasonable prizes and within
riding distance of Antibes, But not any more.

Portugal, whence I moved eight years ago, fares better but suffers
from a lack of top grade races. But at least there's a Bullfight
on Friday nights in Summer to compensate,

Cyclo-Cross has held up well, particularly in Flanders, but
Six-Day, where I sometimes got roped in as Stayer, has nosedived
until there is nothing left but a shell of the former calendar.

As Tennyson wrote: "The old order changeth, yielding place to
new,,," and I wouldn't mind betting that in the not too distant
future, having regard to demographics and Cultural Enrichment, the
Tour de France will be ridden on Camels.

--
Davey Crockett aka SlackRat
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/slackware.jpg
Old September 21st 17, 10:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Gerrit 't Hart

On 20/09/2017 6:02 AM, Tom Kunich wrote:
The grand tours are over. The smaller races have been pigeon-holed between the end of the season and the first heavy rains.

So it must be the time of year for riders to be training for cross rides.

So what's up Doc?

Well, I believe there is the World Road Racing Championships on at present.
Seen nothing here about that!
Old September 21st 17, 11:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_13_]

Gerrit 't Hart a écrit profondement:

| Well, I believe there is the World Road Racing Championships on at
| present.
| Seen nothing here about that!

Lookee he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g-PKcggpnk

There's about 20-30-40 Hours Coverage on this URL

That's if anyone is interested.

Just be watchful - there are prior years here too....

(Davey isn't)

However, Davey will be back in Portugal January 1 for next season and promises
to post daily race coverage on RBR in advance as much as possible.

--
Davey Crockett aka SlackRat
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/slackware.jpg

Your first race next season LawBoy01 Racing 24 November 5th 08 05:13 PM
open season ray Australia 7 August 10th 08 11:47 AM
First Bug of the Season Stephen Harding General 13 April 21st 06 02:54 PM
bike season over... Joe Canuck General 22 December 18th 05 06:50 PM
Know what I like about season over [email protected] Mountain Biking 5 September 17th 04 04:33 PM