You

Old September 18th 09, 04:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

Default You

http://tinyurl.com/546pnq
Old September 18th 09, 05:26 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/546pnq

Well, duh.
____________
After all, the reason the winger crowd canıt find a way to be coherently angry right
now is because this country has no healthy avenues for genuine populist outrage. It
never has. The setup always goes the other way: when the excesses of business
interests and their political proteges in Washington leave the regular guy broke and
screwed, the response is always for the lower and middle classes to split down the
middle and find reasons to get ****ed off not at their greedy bosses but at each
other. Thatıs why even people like [Glenn] Beckıs audience, who Iıd wager are mostly
lower-income people, canıt imagine themselves protesting against the Wall Street
barons who in actuality are the ones who ****ed them over. . . .

Actual rich people canıt ever be the target. Itıs a classic peasant mentality: going
into fits of groveling and bowing whenever the masterıs carriage rides by, then
fuming against the Turks in Crimea or the Jews in the Pale or whoever after spending
fifteen hard hours in the fields. You know youıre a peasant when you worship the very
people who are right now, this minute, conning you and taking your ****. Whatever the
master does, youıre on board. When you get frisky, he sticks a big cross in the
middle of your village, and you spend the rest of your life praying to it with big
googly eyes. Or he puts out newspapers full of innuendo about this or that faraway
group and you immediately salute and rush off to join the hate squad. A good peasant
is loyal, simpleminded, and full of misdirected anger. And thatıs what weıve got now,
a lot of misdirected anger searching around for a non-target to mis-punish . . .
canıt be mad at AIG, canıt be mad at Citi or Goldman Sachs. The real villains have to
be the anti-AIG protesters! After all, those people earned those bonuses! If ever
there was a textbook case of peasant thinking, itıs struggling middle-class Americans
burned up in defense of taxpayer-funded bonuses to millionaires. Itıs really weird
stuff.
____________

http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/21289

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old September 18th 09, 05:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/546pnq

I like the graphic a lot, I'll probably steal it and re-use it some time.
Old September 18th 09, 12:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Fred Fredburger wrote:
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/546pnq

I like the graphic a lot, I'll probably steal it and re-use it some time.

You know it's from "Meet the Fockers," right?
Old September 18th 09, 04:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Susan Walker wrote:
Fred Fredburger wrote:
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/546pnq

I like the graphic a lot, I'll probably steal it and re-use it some time.

You know it's from "Meet the Fockers," right?

Most of those Ben Stiller movies blend together for me. "Mystery Men" is
an exception.

Old September 18th 09, 05:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Robert Chung[_3_]

Fred Fredburger wrote:

Most of those Ben Stiller movies blend together for me. "Mystery Men"
is an exception.

"OK, now I'm going back to graduate school. That was the agreement."

Old September 18th 09, 09:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:30:03 -0700, Fred Fredburger
wrote:

Susan Walker wrote:
Fred Fredburger wrote:
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/546pnq

I like the graphic a lot, I'll probably steal it and re-use it some time.

You know it's from "Meet the Fockers," right?

Most of those Ben Stiller movies blend together for me. "Mystery Men" is
an exception.

Tropic Thunder was another exception. Heart warming...

Curtis L. Russell
Odenton, MD (USA)
Just someone on two wheels...
Old September 18th 09, 10:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Sep 18, 4:13*am, Susan Walker wrote:
Fred Fredburger wrote:
SLAVE of THE STATE wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/546pnq

I like the graphic a lot, I'll probably steal it and re-use it some time.

You know it's from "Meet the Fockers," right?

"Puff was simply the name of the boy's Dragon. You a pothead Focker?"