Distracted Drivers killed 6,000 in US last year

Old October 1st 09, 12:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Uncle Dave

Default Distracted Drivers killed 6,000 in US last year

On Oct 1, 8:05*am, Donald Munro wrote:
Anton Berlin wrote:
Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

Just think how many they'd kill if they weren't distracted.

ROTFL

UD
Old October 2nd 09, 12:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Johnny Twelve-Point presented by JFT

Anton Berlin wrote:
Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

Just think how many they'd kill if they weren't distracted.

ROTFL

Yeah, I hate to say it, but that was very funny.
Old October 2nd 09, 04:36 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

Anton Berlin wrote:
Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

Just think how many they'd kill if they weren't distracted.

ROTFL

Yeah, I hate to say it, but that was very funny.

Not really. Cyclists are disproportionately the victims of distracted
drivers. Texting while driving is damn stupid.
Old October 2nd 09, 06:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Donald Munro wrote:
Anton Berlin wrote:
Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

Just think how many they'd kill if they weren't distracted.

Nice.
Old October 2nd 09, 07:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

Anton Berlin wrote:
Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

Just think how many they'd kill if they weren't distracted.

ROTFL

Yeah, I hate to say it, but that was very funny.

Not really. *Cyclists are disproportionately the victims of distracted
drivers. *Texting while driving is damn stupid.

Maybe they were typing up their "scientific" study about 45000 dead
due to no insurance, and that is why there should be nationalized
health care. lol

Cyclists need to take one for the team. We the people. We are one.
Old October 2nd 09, 07:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,
Scott wrote:

wrote:
On Oct 1, 8:05Â*am, Donald Munro wrote:
Anton Berlin wrote:
Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

Just think how many they'd kill if they weren't distracted.

ROTFL

Yeah, I hate to say it, but that was very funny.

Not really. Cyclists are disproportionately the victims of distracted
drivers. Texting while driving is damn stupid.

Disproportionate compared with pedestrians?
I do not see why.

--
Michael Press
Old October 2nd 09, 10:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Oct 2, 12:54*pm, Michael Press wrote:
In article
,

Anton Berlin wrote:
Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

Just think how many they'd kill if they weren't distracted.

ROTFL

Yeah, I hate to say it, but that was very funny.

Not really. *Cyclists are disproportionately the victims of distracted
drivers. *Texting while driving is damn stupid.

Disproportionate compared with pedestrians?
I do not see why.

--
Michael Press

Pedestrians generally don't walk in the street with their backs to
traffic.

I can't speak for the rest of the country, BUT I can't remember the
last time in CO that a cyclist killed by a car involved a driver that
wasn't driving distracted. No, wait, it was about 5 years ago, or
so. All the recent cyclist deaths involving cars have revolved around
texting while driving. Don't know that I've heard of a single
pedestrian killed in such an accident.
Old October 3rd 09, 08:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Anton Berlin wrote:
[...]

pedestrian killed in such an accident.- Hide quoted text -

co driver+txt+cyclist = nada

http://www.allbusiness.com/retail-tr...4146769-1.html

Old October 4th 09, 01:09 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article
,
Scott wrote:

On Oct 2, 12:54Â*pm, Michael Press wrote:
In article
,

Anton Berlin wrote:
Someone finally has a ****ing clue that text messaging and driving is
dangerous

Just think how many they'd kill if they weren't distracted.

ROTFL

Yeah, I hate to say it, but that was very funny.

Not really. Â*Cyclists are disproportionately the victims of distracted
drivers. Â*Texting while driving is damn stupid.

Disproportionate compared with pedestrians?
I do not see why.

Pedestrians generally don't walk in the street with their backs to
traffic.

They often get blindsided in a cross walk by cars
making right turns. Pedestrians get run down on
sidewalks. Then too, I see pedestrians being damn fools
in the street; do not see them run down; but expect
they do for being a damn fool.

I can't speak for the rest of the country, BUT I can't remember the
last time in CO that a cyclist killed by a car involved a driver that
wasn't driving distracted. No, wait, it was about 5 years ago, or
so. All the recent cyclist deaths involving cars have revolved around
texting while driving. Don't know that I've heard of a single
pedestrian killed in such an accident.

Yes. Driving distracted or impaired is the main cause
traffic mishaps. I still do not see why cyclists are
disproportionate victims of distracted drivers. We seem
to disagree here.

--
Michael Press
Old October 4th 09, 01:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Michael Press" wrote in message

Yes. Driving distracted or impaired is the main cause
traffic mishaps. I still do not see why cyclists are
disproportionate victims of distracted drivers. We seem
to disagree here.

Anton simply doesn't know what's going on and makes it up as he goes along.

Bicyclists have about half the serious accident rate as car drivers. It is
extremely difficult to get real information about anything but fatalities
but what there is seems to indicate that about a third of the fatalities
occur to children mostly darting out into the street unexpectedly. An
unusually large percentage of the rest occur at night, without lights and
with either or both of drivers/riders involved under the influence of
alcohol.

The accident rate as you and I would look at it - a normal rider riding
normally - are quite rare and usually very unusual circumstances.