Fat map

Old November 20th 09, 05:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Default Fat map

On Nov 19, 4:59*pm, Scott wrote:
On Nov 19, 3:47*pm, "Tom Kunich" wrote:

"Robert Chung" wrote in message

Bob Schwartz wrote:
http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/ddt_strs2/n...alenceestimate....

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yf67v79

It looks like you can connect the amount of physical exercise (work or play
doesn't matter) to the prevalence of diabetes. That seems a bit odd. I
thought it was a case of inheritance.

If by inheritance you mean someone with a fat mamma is also likely to
be overweight, too, then, yeah... it's mostly a case of inheritance.

Kunich is thinking on how if his parents died he would use the
inheritance to buy a lot of candy.

When you ask Kunich about 'Genes' he tells the story about how two
scout leaders (both named Gene) taught him about camping, cold weather
survival techniques and tenderness when he was just a boy.
Old November 20th 09, 02:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Nov 19, 5:09*pm, "
wrote:
On Nov 19, 4:06*pm, Brad Anders wrote:

On Nov 19, 4:02*pm, Brad Anders wrote:

On Nov 19, 3:29*pm, "Robert Chung"
wrote:

Bob Schwartz wrote:
http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/ddt_strs2/n...alenceestimate...

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yf67v79

It would be interesting to see how much of this clustering in the
Southern states is due to higher rates of diabetes among Blacks.

BTW, notice Arizona. Maricopa County is the white spot in the middle,
mostly White and Hispanic. The dark rectangle in the NE portion of the
state is almost completely American Indian reservation land, another
ethnic group with very high diabetes rates.

Brad Anders

Crap, correcting my own posting 1 minute later, sorry. The white area
on the map is Pima county, again, mostly White and Hispanic. Maricopa
County is the area below it, it's higher because part of the county
encompasses some American Indian reservations. Apache County is the
hot spot in the NE part of the state.

Yeah, I know, I live in AZ, I should now better.

The white area is Yavapai County. *The medium orange
below that includes Maricopa (Phoenix), Pinal, Yuma. *The
yellow area south of that is Pima and Cochise. *Pima includes
large reservations but the numbers will be dominated by
Tucson. *The dark area at northeast is Navajo and Apache
counties. *County maps like this can be hard to interpret
because geographical county area and population are often
inversely correlated.
High diabetes rates on reservations may be related
to genetics as well as usual risk factors like poverty -
a modern US diet is very different from the diets that
Southwestern Indians' ancestors were eating for
centuries.

Ben- Hide quoted text -

Map reading is now offcially off my list of skills. Your analysis is
interesting. What's depressing is that the problem of diet and its
impact on the diabetes rate of American Indians is well known, but
little seems to have changed.

Brad Anders
Old November 20th 09, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

On Nov 20, 8:48*am, Brad Anders wrote:

wrote:

Bob Schwartz wrote:
[...]

Brad Anders- Hide quoted text -

I used to appease my 'white guilt' by claiming Indian heritage however
mitochondrial haplogroup testing trashed that claim.

Old November 20th 09, 04:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

On Nov 20, 6:48*am, Brad Anders wrote:

Map reading is now offcially off my list of skills.

Dumbass -

Maybe you should subtract a few more.

just trying to help,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.
Old November 20th 09, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
RobertH

On Nov 19, 5:09 pm, "
wrote:

a modern US diet is very different from the diets that
Southwestern Indians' ancestors were eating for
centuries.

Archaeologists have found a pattern of Anasazi skeletal remains scored
with marks from manmade eating utensils.

Sort of a worst-case scenario for the last days of a civilization.

Old November 20th 09, 07:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
SLAVE of THE STATE

On Nov 19, 3:06*pm, "Robert Chung"
wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
http://apps.nccd.cdc.gov/ddt_strs2/n...alenceestimate...

http://jrsm.rsmjournals.com/cgi/cont...tract/99/9/463

Your education..... demand they give my money back.
Old November 20th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brad Anders

On Nov 20, 9:29*am, "Kurgan. presented by Gringioni."
wrote:
On Nov 20, 6:48*am, Brad Anders wrote:

Map reading is now offcially off my list of skills.

Dumbass -

Maybe you should subtract a few more.

just trying to help,

Kurgan. presented by Gringioni.

I subtract a few on a daily basis, thanks.

Brad Anders