A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » rec.bicycles » Racing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Go Fabio Go



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 13th 17, 08:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_13_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 39
Default Go Fabio Go

Now if he could just hold on to Paris....
--
Davey Crockett says Proudly Fly Your Flag
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/csa.jpg
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/whiteDragon.png
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/pt.png
Ads
  #2  
Old July 14th 17, 12:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Turbo
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 3
Default Go Fabio Go

On 2017-07-13, Davey Crockett wrote:
Now if he could just hold on to Paris....


I was so happy when he become yellow, finally something
happened on the Tour, maybe it will not be boring to the
end...

--
obruT
  #3  
Old July 15th 17, 02:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Theodore Heise[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 38
Default Go Fabio Go

On Fri, 14 Jul 2017 11:03:08 +0000 (UTC),
Turbo wrote:
On 2017-07-13, Davey Crockett wrote:
Now if he could just hold on to Paris....


I was so happy when he become yellow, finally something
happened on the Tour, maybe it will not be boring to the end...


Hear! Hear!

--
Ted Heise Bloomington, IN, USA
  #4  
Old July 15th 17, 03:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_13_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 39
Default Go Fabio Go

Theodore Heise a écrit profondement:

| Hear! Hear!

It works well that BSD?

I thought I might give it a try

--
Davey Crockett says Proudly Fly Your Flag
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/csa.jpg
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/whiteDragon.png
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/pt.png
  #5  
Old July 16th 17, 02:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Theodore Heise[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 38
Default Go Fabio Go

On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:57:34 -0400,
Davey Crockett wrote:
Theodore Heise a ?crit profondement:

| Hear! Hear!

It works well that BSD?

I thought I might give it a try


Okay, I'll admit I'm whooshed.

--
Ted Heise Bloomington, IN, USA
  #6  
Old July 16th 17, 05:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_13_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 39
Default Go Fabio Go

Theodore Heise a écrit profondement:

| On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:57:34 -0400,
| Davey Crockett wrote:
| Theodore Heise a ?crit profondement:
|
| | Hear! Hear!
|
| It works well that BSD?
|
| I thought I might give it a try

| Okay, I'll admit I'm whooshed.

Hi there Theo

It's around 50 years since I lived anywhere the English language
was used with any degree of universality and so I don't keep up
with regular anglophonic catchphrases and jargon. Ergo "whooshed"
eluded me until I looked it up!

And for that I apologize.

However, what I could infer from your posting headers was that you
were using a UNIX/BSD/LINUX/POSIX type operating system, and most
probably one of the BSD flavours.

And I was simply attempting to elicit some feedback on your
satisfaction with the operating system distribution you were
using.

I am currently using GNU-Linux -- the 14.2 64bit
Slackware Distribution -- and there are more than a few things
that annoy me about it (mostly the change to 64 bit) and the
inability of the latest Opera browser to handle all web traffic,
forcing me to use a combination of Firefox, Mozilla and Seamonkey
to perform certain tasks. (I hate KDE with a passion, but the
latest Opera version I tried had neither "Notes" nor "Speed Dial"
and so it was dumped forthwith,)

So I was thinking I might go back to 32 bit, or try another
distribution.

And so I was looking for your comments on NetBSD

Nothing heavy

--
Davey Crockett says Proudly Fly Your Flag
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/csa.jpg
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/whiteDragon.png
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/pt.png
  #7  
Old July 16th 17, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Theodore Heise[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 38
Default Go Fabio Go

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 12:06:29 -0400,
Davey Crockett wrote:
Theodore Heise a ?crit profondement:
| On Sat, 15 Jul 2017 10:57:34 -0400,
| Davey Crockett wrote:
| Theodore Heise a ?crit profondement:
|
| | Hear! Hear!
|
| It works well that BSD?
|
| I thought I might give it a try

| Okay, I'll admit I'm whooshed.

Hi there Theo

It's around 50 years since I lived anywhere the English
language was used with any degree of universality and so I
don't keep up with regular anglophonic catchphrases and jargon.
Ergo "whooshed" eluded me until I looked it up!

And for that I apologize.

However, what I could infer from your posting headers was that
you were using a UNIX/BSD/LINUX/POSIX type operating system,
and most probably one of the BSD flavours.


Oh, duh. I should have figured that out. My excuse is the
context, I was not expecting computer related questions in rbr.


And I was simply attempting to elicit some feedback on your
satisfaction with the operating system distribution you were
using.

I am currently using GNU-Linux -- the 14.2 64bit Slackware
Distribution -- and there are more than a few things that annoy
me about it (mostly the change to 64 bit) and the inability of
the latest Opera browser to handle all web traffic, forcing me
to use a combination of Firefox, Mozilla and Seamonkey to
perform certain tasks. (I hate KDE with a passion, but the
latest Opera version I tried had neither "Notes" nor "Speed
Dial" and so it was dumped forthwith,)

So I was thinking I might go back to 32 bit, or try another
distribution.

And so I was looking for your comments on NetBSD


So I probably can't offer much. I used Slack for a box that
served my own domain (heise.nu) for some 15 years, but keeping up
the system bacame more work than fun. So I retired it last year,
and signed up for a shell account on panix.com. I've used Unix or
Linux of some flavor since about 1990, but never as a personal
computing platform--strictly shell and command line. My server
ran mail, news, and www, and that was about it.

--
Ted Heise Bloomington, IN, USA
  #8  
Old July 17th 17, 12:11 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Davey Crockett[_13_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 39
Default Go Fabio Go

Theodore Heise a écrit profondement:

| So I probably can't offer much. I used Slack for a box that
| served my own domain (heise.nu) for some 15 years, but keeping up
| the system bacame more work than fun. So I retired it last year,
| and signed up for a shell account on panix.com. I've used Unix or
| Linux of some flavor since about 1990, but never as a personal
| computing platform--strictly shell and command line. My server
| ran mail, news, and www, and that was about it.

Thanks for your input.

Your comment on your shell account is interesting because
personally I am finding myself using my shell on SDF (Systems
Dimensions Fortress - $1 for a lifetime membership) much more
frequently these days,

--
Davey Crockett says Proudly Fly Your Flag
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/csa.jpg
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/whiteDragon.png
http://inconnu.freeshell.org/Sig/pt.png
  #9  
Old July 17th 17, 01:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Theodore Heise[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 38
Default Go Fabio Go

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017 19:11:16 -0400,
Davey Crockett wrote:
Theodore Heise a ?crit profondement:

| So I probably can't offer much. I used Slack for a box that
| served my own domain (heise.nu) for some 15 years, but keeping up
| the system bacame more work than fun. So I retired it last year,
| and signed up for a shell account on panix.com. I've used Unix or
| Linux of some flavor since about 1990, but never as a personal
| computing platform--strictly shell and command line. My server
| ran mail, news, and www, and that was about it.

Thanks for your input.

Your comment on your shell account is interesting because
personally I am finding myself using my shell on SDF (Systems
Dimensions Fortress - $1 for a lifetime membership) much more
frequently these days,


A long time ago I settled on PINE and slrn for mail and news.
One feature I like is that slrn can save posts to my IMAP folder
structure, and PINE can access everything. With lots of work
travel, I was frustrated with fragmented access to news and e-mail
(plus I wanted the ability to control my own spam filters), so I
set up my server to have one news spool (and mail archive) I could
access from anywhere. I also thought learning Linix system
administration would be fun--and it was, for quite a few years.

Today I still prefer the command line for many things. On top of
that, the local *.panix groups are full of interesting and clever
people. So I persist.

--
Ted Heise Bloomington, IN, USA
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Fabio Really Being Paid $$ For This BLafferty[_3_] Racing 9 January 20th 11 06:26 AM
Fabio! Superfly TNT Racing 0 July 24th 10 04:29 PM
Fabio crosses Mississppi first Callistus Valerius Racing 9 June 18th 06 07:56 PM
Hi, i'm Fabio from Italy... fabioz71 Unicycling 12 September 15th 05 02:47 AM
Fabio Paro? Badger Racing 9 December 15th 04 01:33 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004-2017 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.