Recumbants, Advice

Old May 24th 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

Default Recumbants, Advice

I need to, because of my back, switch to a recumbant. My needs are
similar to that of my old bike, which is for commuting. Reliablity is a
big one. Something I can get on/off the train (which I do now and then)
is good also. Otherwise, the cheapest is the best....

Any suggestions?

Old May 24th 06, 03:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

"David P. Summers" wrote in message
I need to, because of my back, switch to a recumbant. My needs are similar
to that of my old bike, which is for commuting. Reliablity is a big one.
Something I can get on/off the train (which I do now and then) is good
also. Otherwise, the cheapest is the best....

Any suggestions?

Try these...

http://www.ihpva.org/FAQ/

http://www.icehouse.net/jim_d/bents.html

JF

Old May 24th 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

David P. Summers wrote:
I need to, because of my back, switch to a recumbant. My needs are
similar to that of my old bike, which is for commuting. Reliablity is a
big one. Something I can get on/off the train (which I do now and then)
is good also. Otherwise, the cheapest is the best....

Any suggestions?

Look around 'Bentrider: http://www.bentrideronline.com/
Post your questions to the "new rider" forum:
http://www.bentrideronline.com/messa...splay.php?f=16
and you'll probably get dozens of answers.

Jeff

Old May 24th 06, 05:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

About the cheapest recumbent is the EZ-1 for US$600.
I have been riding mine 2 1/3 years.
If later you get a better recumbent, this would be a commuter/ bad
weather bike.
http://www.easyracers.com/ez_1_sc.htm

Old May 24th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc

David P. Summers wrote:
I need to, because of my back, switch to a recumbant. My needs are
similar to that of my old bike, which is for commuting. Reliablity is a
big one. Something I can get on/off the train (which I do now and then)
is good also. Otherwise, the cheapest is the best....

Any suggestions?

Is a recumbent the only option? They can be great for backs, but are
often lousy to bring on trains/buses. Would raising your handlebars
help? For $20 or so you can get a stem raiser for threadless stems, and
for threaded you can always use the venerable Nitto technomic.

Advice Tim UK 4 June 6th 04 12:35 AM
Advice on buying a Giraffe tomshank Unicycling 3 March 11th 04 08:53 AM
Advice on a New Bike Paul_Rawlings UK 6 January 17th 04 07:34 PM
Platform pedals - advice please Spencer Bullen UK 16 October 13th 03 10:15 PM
advice on buckled rear wheel after accident den911 UK 1 August 13th 03 10:25 PM