time trial

Old June 14th 07, 06:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Adam Lea

Default time trial

The cycling club which I am a member of is having a 14.5 mile hilly time
trial next Tuesday evening and I am considering having a go. Unfortunatly I
haven't done one before and the only suitable bike I have is my birdy
folder. Would it be worth my while having a go at it? I am a little
concerned about embarrassing myself.

Adam

Old June 14th 07, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mark[_2_]

The cycling club which I am a member of is having a 14.5 mile hilly
time trial next Tuesday evening and I am considering having a go.
Unfortunatly I haven't done one before and the only suitable bike I
have is my birdy folder. Would it be worth my while having a go at it?
I am a little concerned about embarrassing myself.

Do the route tomorrow and base the decision on what time you get. Assuming
suitable gears, I'd guess that the hills (slower speeds) will give those
with aero riding positions and toys less of an advantage than they normally
have.
Old June 14th 07, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Clayton

"Adam Lea" wrote in message
The cycling club which I am a member of is having a 14.5 mile hilly time
trial next Tuesday evening and I am considering having a go. Unfortunatly
I haven't done one before and the only suitable bike I have is my birdy
folder. Would it be worth my while having a go at it? I am a little
concerned about embarrassing myself.

Adam

Have a go if you fancy it Adam.

Should you do a "poor" time, never mind - because future improvement is
almost certain?

Enjoy it. If possible!

John

Old June 14th 07, 11:14 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"Adam Lea" wrote in message
The cycling club which I am a member of is having a 14.5 mile hilly time
trial next Tuesday evening and I am considering having a go. Unfortunatly
I haven't done one before and the only suitable bike I have is my birdy
folder. Would it be worth my while having a go at it? I am a little
concerned about embarrassing myself.

Adam

Go for it. *Enjoy yourself* There is positively no cause for embarrassment.
*enjoy*

Old June 14th 07, 11:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Phil Cook

Adam Lea wrote:

The cycling club which I am a member of is having a 14.5 mile hilly time
trial next Tuesday evening and I am considering having a go. Unfortunatly I
haven't done one before and the only suitable bike I have is my birdy
folder. Would it be worth my while having a go at it? I am a little
concerned about embarrassing myself.

Go for it. My first TT was done on a machine with enough clearance for
several sets of mudguards (700C rims on a 27" touring frame) and a set
of bars waaaay too narrow, oh and I didn't even have a proper cycling
jersey I wore a rugby shirt IIRC.

To be really embarrassed let one of the fast types have a go on your
Birdy :-)

FS- Time Trial Bike [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 29th 07 05:52 AM
Best trial unis of all time Radical Reed Unicycling 39 January 21st 06 09:36 AM
T de F Team Time Trial dardruba Mountain Biking 2 July 5th 05 09:49 PM
Time Trial ? Number 9 Racing 3 March 29th 05 04:28 AM
My 5km time trial DaveB Australia 2 December 3rd 04 10:53 PM