Pollute to Work Week!!

Old May 27th 04, 06:08 AM
Cycle America

Default Pollute to Work Week!!

This arrived in my mail box on Monday:

Well we finally got that Bike Week nonsense out of the way, now we can
get back to the business of destroying the environment. So until Bike
Week comes around again in the Fall, every week is Pollute to Work Week!
That's right, it's time to empty the ash tray, throw out the fast
food wrappers, slap some fresh CDs in the changer, clean the windshield
and go spew some hydrocarbons. We've got a world to ruin and with out
your help it just won't happen. Call everyone in your carpool and tell
'em from now on it's just you and your Edsel. Go buy some gas, grab an
Egg Mc Muffin and run over the neighbor's Kitty. Maybe even take the
back roads and you could squash a possum. Somebody's gotta do it and it
might as well be you. I know I can count on you. Don't even try to
imagine what this place would be like if you fail to drive everywhere.
Now I know that despite my prodding to "Drive and Drive Often" some
of you will fail. Some will continue to ride. Some of you will have been
fooled by all that Fun, Fitness, and Concern for the Environment
propaganda you were subjected to last week. You probably thought it all
made such good sense. You might have even enjoyed riding you 2 wheeler.
Bunch of tree hugging ninnies! If you are in that group here are some
activities that may appeal to you:

ScottS Valley/Santa Cruz. CA rides snipped

See you in the Bike Lane
Gary M.

M A R T I N K R I E G : "Awake Again" Author
http://www.bikeroute.com/AwakeAgain
Bent Since '83, Car Free Since '89, '79 & '86 TransAms
Coma, Paralysis, Clinical Death Survivor
Can You Change it with Love?
N A T I O N A L B I C Y C L E G R E E N W A Y
Old May 27th 04, 02:44 PM
Dukester

"Cycle America" wrote in message
This arrived in my mail box on Monday:

Well we finally got that Bike Week nonsense out of the way, now we can
get back to the business of destroying the environment. So until Bike
Week comes around again in the Fall, every week is Pollute to Work Week!
That's right, it's time to empty the ash tray, throw out the fast

Cute.

--
I still can't understand people buying $30,000 trucks to haul their $15,000
boats, using $100 of gas, to catch $5 worth of fish.

Duke

Old May 27th 04, 03:08 PM
tk

That's right, it's time to empty the ash tray, throw out the fast

I dont smoke, usually, but when I am enjoying a cocktail I have an
occasional cigarette. I just ash out the window, no ash try in the
mini-van.

'em from now on it's just you and your Edsel. Go buy some gas, grab an
Egg Mc Muffin and run over the neighbor's Kitty. Maybe even take the

I refuse to go to McDonalds since they abandoned me and my SuperSize.

Now I know that despite my prodding to "Drive and Drive Often" some
of you will fail. Some will continue to ride. Some of you will have been
fooled by all that Fun, Fitness, and Concern for the Environment

Dont blame me...I have been doing my part since I was 14, 2 years before
permit age here in NY. Man I miss those big American V-8's.

Old May 27th 04, 03:55 PM
Mark Mitchell

Old May 27th 04, 04:10 PM
Doug Huffman

The vast majority of 'high-end' bikes that I see are on top of a high-end
vehicle. Jus' friggin' sKerry diletantes sayin' 'I got mine and screw
you!' Like two Seratti.

Old May 27th 04, 05:04 PM
tk

That's right, it's time to empty the ash tray, throw out the fast

I dont smoke, usually, but when I am enjoying a cocktail I have an
occasional cigarette. I just ash out the window, no ash tray in the
mini-van.

So where in the mini-van do you put your cocktail?

The drink holder, under the radio.
Old May 27th 04, 05:08 PM
Thomas Reynolds

Cycle America wrote in message ...
This arrived in my mail box on Monday:

Well we finally got that Bike Week nonsense out of the way, now we can
get back to the business of destroying the environment. So until Bike
Week comes around again in the Fall, every week is Pollute to Work Week!

I was in a used bike store yesterday and a bike hanging on the wall
had a sticker on the top tube that said "Your environmental sticker
doesn't mean **** if its stuck on your car".

Tom
Old May 27th 04, 05:55 PM
Tom Nakashima

Cycle America wrote in message

This arrived in my mail box on Monday:

Well we finally got that Bike Week nonsense out of the way, now we can
get back to the business of destroying the environment. So until Bike
Week comes around again in the Fall, every week is Pollute to Work Week!

Wondering if Secretaries feel the same about Secretary's Week?
-tom

Old May 27th 04, 06:01 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.misc Thomas Reynolds wrote:
I was in a used bike store yesterday and a bike hanging on the wall
had a sticker on the top tube that said "Your environmental sticker
doesn't mean **** if its stuck on your car".

that's from microcosm publishing.

http://www.microcosmpublishing.com/c.../stickers/pg2/

scroll down a bit.

this, however, won my heart:

http://www.microcosmpublishing.com/c...****cars-t.gif
--
david reuteler

Old May 27th 04, 06:06 PM
tk

http://www.microcosmpublishing.com/c...****cars-t.gif

Ah, they were so close. It should read f*ck IN cars. Yes I had my first 2
girl experience in the back of the re-action van.

Back to biking to work Duke General 29 March 26th 04 05:51 PM
measuring (mechanical) work 223rem General 15 November 5th 03 10:39 AM
what is a good bag for taking clothes to work without wrinkling them Cory General 11 October 16th 03 12:36 AM
I commute to work on my bike - no problem Luigi de Guzman General 3 September 28th 03 04:11 AM