What is the worst thing about Winter

Old September 16th 03, 09:20 AM
Lee

Default What is the worst thing about Winter

As we approach the cold nasty days of Winter I wondered what you guys found
to be the worst part of winter cycling?

Or maybe you enjoy it more so than summer (weido's!)

Lee

Old September 16th 03, 09:43 AM
Martin Bulmer

In ,
Lee gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverym uch.btinternet.com
expounded sagaciously:
As we approach the cold nasty days of Winter I wondered what you guys
found to be the worst part of winter cycling?

Or maybe you enjoy it more so than summer (weido's!)

Lee

The worst thing about winter is black ice at the top of a hill near
Kinoulton 4 years ago, 3 of us cyclists sliding down on our sides, followed
by a drifting, skidding car, and not knowing whether the car would stop
before we did.
It did.
We stood up, and couldn't walk on the road, the ice was so slippy. The
fourth member of the group, however, got down the hill without incident, but
he couldn't walk back up it to see where we'd got to.
--

Martin Bulmer

Pie Conservation Threat

Old September 16th 03, 09:55 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 09:20:26 +0100, Lee wrote:
As we approach the cold nasty days of Winter I wondered what you guys
found to be the worst part of winter cycling?

Ooh, tough one. Let me think, errr, the cold? Or maybe the nasty!

(sorry, I just hate the winter if not enhanced by sunny snow covered
mountains and babes on skis).

Old September 16th 03, 09:59 AM
Niv

(sorry, I just hate the winter if not enhanced by sunny snow covered
mountains and babes on skis).

Seconded!

Old September 16th 03, 10:53 AM
Tony W

wrote in message ...
As we approach the cold nasty days of Winter I wondered what you guys

found
to be the worst part of winter cycling?

Having to think about it months before it happens on a bright and sparkly
late summer's day because someone is depressed enough by his foresight to
post such questions :~)

Slipping on ice, falling and cracking ribs :~(

Old September 16th 03, 11:05 AM
Richard Goodman

"Martin Bulmer" wrote in message
In ,
We stood up, and couldn't walk on the road, the ice was so slippy. The
fourth member of the group, however, got down the hill without incident,

but
he couldn't walk back up it to see where we'd got to.
--

So what was his secret? How did he manage that?

Rich

Old September 16th 03, 11:14 AM
Lee

wrote in message ...
As we approach the cold nasty days of Winter I wondered what you guys

found
to be the worst part of winter cycling?

Having to think about it months before it happens on a bright and sparkly
late summer's day because someone is depressed enough by his foresight to
post such questions :~)

Slipping on ice, falling and cracking ribs :~(

;-) ok ok, so im obsessed with the winter!

Old September 16th 03, 12:13 PM
Lee

"Davo" wrote in message
Cold fingers, head wind, sleet, rain and 40 mile in Derbyshire before

you
get home and theres always the one where your in the cafe and have to put
your damp/wet clothes back on & when you step outside WOW dont remember it
being that cold when you went in the cafe did you ...lololololo

but at least winter is for ''real'' cyclist......

D@vo the bigger the ring the more it hurts

ENJOY

Well my work commute crosses the Derbyshire/Nottinghamshire border so i
guess ill learn all about that!

Old September 16th 03, 12:35 PM
Simon Brooke

"Lee" gnippernospampleasemuchly@nospampleasemuchlyverym uch.btinternet.com writes:

As we approach the cold nasty days of Winter I wondered what you guys found
to be the worst part of winter cycling?

Fixing a puncture at the roadside miles from anywhere in slushy snow
when it's dark, sleating and blowing a gale.

Misery.

;; no eternal reward will forgive us now for wasting the dawn.
;; Jim Morrison

Winter Riding evil-nick Unicycling 28 July 2nd 04 05:20 PM
Worst thing about riding a recumbent Mike Schwab Recumbent Biking 10 May 22nd 04 03:13 AM
Winter Commuting Doug General 34 October 21st 03 09:30 AM