Stoopid competition question of the week

Old January 30th 05, 12:53 PM
Chris Jones

Tony Raven wrote:
Chris Jones wrote:
The nice thing about fork crown mounting is that, with a wheel
and/or mudguard in place, the lamp mounting screw is mostly inaccessible.

But given the value of the lamps would you really want to leave them on
the bike when you leave it locked up?

Indeed. It's nice to have the choice, depending on the pattern of use of
that particular bike, where it gets parked, and so on. Some people will
undoubtedly prefer the quick-release mount (and cable connector).

Chris
Old January 30th 05, 08:53 PM
Danny Colyer

I wrote:
BTW, have you thought about putting URL:http://www.solidlights.co.uk/
in your signature?

and Chris Jones responded:
I have it in my email signature but I'm aware that, on Usenet at least,
I'm treading a fine line between information and advertising. Thanks for
the plug, though :-)

I don't think anyone could reasonably object to you including your
business url in your .sig, especially when you're posting to a relevant
ng, as long as you don't go over the regulation 4 lines.

But if you're uncomfortable about doing so, and particularly if there's
any concern that it might lose you more business than it attracts, then
fair enough. Personally I'd include it.

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/