Team vs Strada

Old December 31st 03, 01:33 PM
bentbiker

Default Team vs Strada

I always associated the Volae club to go head to head with the Corsa,
and Team to go against the Aero. I like the looks of the Club,
especially that Brass color over them all.

Ben Fox wrote:
Robert,
Since I own a Corsa and you a Team,I thought I would give my thoughts on the
two bikes. I agree they are very much alike ,after all Rolf came up with his
idea after he started selling the Bacchettas.
I would have bought a team or the next one down ,can't think of the name
right now,if he had them in stock and would have come down a little in
price.
I'll bet ,given two riders of equal ability,one on your bike and the other
on mine,there would be no difference in speed.the only difference would be
that my bike cost a lot less than yours and the yellow is awful" purty".
Ben fox
"Robert Siegel" wrote in message

Ben, I respect your opinion. Perhaps we're both splitting hairs and
describing our personal choices on the components. For instance, I like

the

VolaeTeam's riser and handlebars. Personal choice. What I said at the
beginning of my post sums up my view:

I own a Volae Team and twice test-rode a Corsa and Aero. I did not

see

much difference.

--
Bob Siegel in Gainesville FL

"Ben Fox" wrote in message

Robert,
Normally I agree with most of what you say,but here goes; The difference
between the Volae Team and the Corsa, Both have carbon seats and forks,

The

Volae has Dura-ace components, the Corsa has Ultegra, The Corsa has the
Terracycle tilt ,the best made IMO,I would give the nod on wheels to the
Team ,but not by much.
The Corsa has the FSA carbon crank ,the Team has Dura-ace,I give that to

the

Corsa.
The brakes would go to the team since the front brake on the Corsa is
crap,which I've already changed to shimano.
The handlebars on the Team are kind of strange looking IMO.
Now since you were comparing buying from a dealer and paying sales tax

or

buying from mail order and paying shipping, ,I bought my corsa from a

LBS

and paid $2150. Rolf wanted $2995.for the Team. Is the Team worth almost
$850. more than a Corsa?
I say no.
Ben Fox

Old December 31st 03, 02:13 PM
BarryG

"Ben Fox" wrote in message
The difference
between the Volae Team and the Corsa, Both have carbon seats and forks,

Corsa has M5 fiberglass seat, half pound heavier than the carbon seat. Team
has a significantly lighter all carbon Alpha Q fork

IMHO the way to go is buy a used Strada and then upgrade components.

Old December 31st 03, 02:26 PM
Robert Siegel

I think Hostel Shoppe will paint a Team any stock Volae color. I don't know
if there's a charge.

Old December 31st 03, 02:26 PM
Robert Siegel

The way to go may be to buy a bare Volae frameset (no fork) and build it up
with last year's model parts from PricePoint.com However, the quality of
parts on a stock Team is very high.

Old December 31st 03, 08:32 PM
mjbass

Originally posted by Robert Siegel ... For instance, I like th
VolaeTeam's riser and handlebars. Personal choice...

Bob

I have not seen a Volae close up and wonder about the three piec
handlebar. Not the riser, just the handlebar. What do you think th
benefit of this type of design? Other than the Saber the Volae is th
only other bike I have seen with this type of handlebar

Thanks

Mik

-

Old December 31st 03, 09:58 PM
Dennis Tresenriter

Ben, I have a brand spanking new Team (Merry Christmas to me) and it
came with an FSA carbon crank set. That is also the crank set specced
for the Team on their web site, but not in their catalog.

The bars are somewhat strange looking but I like the feel.

Also, I can ride my medium Team with no problems what so ever.
However, I tried to ride a Strada last spring at BikeTek in
Springfield and a Corsa at the Bike Rack in St. Charles and either the
shops couldn't properly adjust them to my size or I'm just Bacchetta
challenged. Regardless, I couldn't even get started on either one and
no amount of coaching by either shop seemed to help. I took to my
Team immediately and had no trouble starting stopping, turning, etc.
BTW, I'm 5'7" with a 40.5" x-seam.

Lastly, I agree with you on price and had I been able to get
comfortable on a Corsa, I would have already owned one. The price
does appear to be non-negotiable on a Team.

-Dennis in Groveland, IL

On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 15:37:26 -0600, "Ben Fox"
wrote:

[...]

History Lesson #63 for July newbies Ronde Champ Racing 0 July 16th 04 11:27 PM
TTT rules in the tour Richard Anderson Racing 14 July 7th 04 12:23 AM
TTT rules Ewoud Dronkert Racing 7 June 28th 04 12:10 PM
Ghent Six Day Excursion Ilan Vardi Racing 8 November 30th 03 08:03 PM