Ride to Work Day

Old October 5th 05, 07:09 AM
coowoowoo

Default Ride to Work Day

I am fluoro yellow with envy at you.

--
coowoowoo

Old October 5th 05, 09:34 AM
NoZX6R

flyingdutch wrote:
the amount of people i heard say that they were ready to snot that MC
woman!!! dang she was annoying (and much of what she was saying was
either plain dumb or just factually incorrect, geeesh). The 'fashion'
parade was kinda cool tho

good to see so many women out riding today. Like frogs, thy are good
barometer of how the 'environment' is (altho they ARE rather
distracting )

how cool were the trials guys?

Hopeless at guessing numbers but i thought about the same as last
year?
Wonder what turnouts at other locales were like?

Had a big smile on the dial all morning getting 'chalk reports'
"Oh, that's you! Saw your stuff on insert any one of a zillion
locations here "

Even got to hijack the microphone for some shameless lobbying. Shoulda
seen the stunned look one of the other candidates faces

Have you had some helpers with 'advertising' along Canning St?

I'm starting to see more and more Vote Jason scrawlings.

You know I'd vote for you, if I was a BV member

--
Nick
Old October 5th 05, 10:41 AM
Euan

"coowoowoo" == coowoowoo writes:

coowoowoo I am fluoro yellow with envy at you.

Many years ago I was debating whether to take a kip mat with me on a
battle camp. The full screw turned to me and asked how much comfort
would it give me and if I considered that worth the extra weight.

That advice has stuck. Carrying rain gear is now a habit :-)
--
Cheers | ~~ __@
Euan | ~~ _-\,
Old October 5th 05, 10:46 AM
aeek

Bean Long Wrote:
Not a bad turn-out here at ANU this morning.
Light breakfast supplied, and it was all gone by 8:30.

also Canberra - Woden. Also finished up at 8:30. Urgh, I TRY to leave
home by then.

Had a chat with a roadie on a rare commute. Saw a few more riders on
the
roads.
Suspect most of the casual newbies will have been on the paths.
Shock, two others from my work turned up the Woden breakfast.
Can't compare numbers because this year is decentralised.
A good number in the work racks with a few more to come.

--
aeek

Old October 5th 05, 11:28 AM
hemyd

"EuanB" wrote in message

Started off in to a wicked headwind, concentrated on keeping the cadence
nice and high and the gears nice and low which seemed to work quite
well. A few more cyclists on Nepean Highway as you'd hope for on RTWD
which resulted in a nice amount of banter back and forth.

Ironically for me this was one of the few days since last Christmas that I
did not ride in, but drove. Have a bad cold and was really not enthused
about riding, especially in the strong headwind. Still have a bad cold but
may ride in tomorrow.

Henry.

Old October 5th 05, 01:16 PM
Meeba

EuanB Wrote:
Well if you're crap I'm crapper. I thought it was quieter than last
year.

yeah definately quieter than last yr,
l saw a security guard reporting into his walkie talkie "a suspious
unowned bike,leaning against the wall" (just across from the hundreds
parked on fencing)
l was gonna joke about contents of panniers when l realised he was
serious.

--
Meeba

Old October 5th 05, 02:03 PM
cfsmtb

Meeba Wrote:
yeah definately quieter than last yr,
l saw a security guard reporting into his walkie talkie "a suspious
unowned bike,leaning against the wall" (just across from the hundreds
parked on fencing)
l was gonna joke about contents of panniers when l realised he was
serious.

Yeah, I'd be careful abut such remarks. Bike bombs have been used
recently in Iraq. Why do that to a perfectly innocent bike to kill &
maim? Scum. Anyway, be mindful about twitchy security guards, given the
current environment a mildly humorous remark could spark off a right
cluster fcuk.

--
cfsmtb

Old October 5th 05, 02:24 PM
TimC

On 2005-10-05, Meeba (aka Bruce)
l saw a security guard reporting into his walkie talkie "a suspious
unowned bike,leaning against the wall" (just across from the hundreds
parked on fencing)
l was gonna joke about contents of panniers when l realised he was
serious.

This country has turned stupid. Blow it all up, and start again.

--
TimC
Error in operator: add beer
Old October 5th 05, 02:35 PM
Resound

On 2005-10-05, Meeba (aka Bruce)
l saw a security guard reporting into his walkie talkie "a suspious
unowned bike,leaning against the wall" (just across from the hundreds
parked on fencing)
l was gonna joke about contents of panniers when l realised he was
serious.

This country has turned stupid. Blow it all up, and start again.

--

Careful...that's incitement to acts of terrorism, tellin' people ta blow up
the country.

Old October 5th 05, 03:16 PM
TimC

On 2005-10-05, cfsmtb (aka Bruce)
Meeba Wrote:
l was gonna joke about contents of panniers when l realised he was
serious.

Yeah, I'd be careful abut such remarks. Bike bombs have been used
recently in Iraq. Why do that to a perfectly innocent bike to kill &
maim? Scum. Anyway, be mindful about twitchy security guards, given the
current environment a mildly humorous remark could spark off a right
cluster fcuk.

But the ability to sue the arse off the government would be a welcome
occurence.

--
TimC
I'm sorry, but all questions must be in the form of a question.