Ride to Work Day

Old October 6th 05, 12:34 AM
cfsmtb

Default Ride to Work Day

TimC Wrote:

But the ability to sue the arse off the government would be a welcome
occurence.

That's if, and when, you return from your 14-day holiday, but then you
can't tell anyone where you've been for up to two years. Longtime to
wait to take legal action against the Feds.

--
cfsmtb

Old October 6th 05, 04:19 AM
Resound

"coowoowoo" wrote in
message ...

I think the woman's comments were made after dick's. It all fell very
flat and they kind of shooed him off. So how far did everyone ride from
today?
I came a huge 8k's from sunny east st kilda..

--
coowoowoo

Not a lot further for me. West Footscray, which I think is about 12-13km.
Then went on to Collingwood to get computer bits to fix my beloved's beastie
and back to West Footscray. The slow, unfindable leak in the back tyre and
utter lack of funds to buy a new tube slowed me up a little though. Mind
you, I still had fun. I ran into cfsmtb who was on the Yarra BUG stall,
marvelled at the trials riders (and giggled a little watching one hammer off
down Swanston St pushing all of 24" on rather soft tyres...NOT a setup
designed for covering distance), ogled some yummy bikes, including a
gorgeous fixie...ornately lugged, completely chromed frame, blinged out with
high flange Campag hubs and Campag Pista crankset plus a few spoke cards and
no brakes...trés NY courier. I'd want brakes though, being the soft, wussy,
self-preserving type that I am.

Old October 6th 05, 07:29 AM
Bleve

coowoowoo wrote:
Ooh. Dingers heh.. not a bad ride at all. As much as i love living close
to the city, i do wish my morning ride could be a tad longer than 8
k's.. Still, there are days when 8 k's is sheer hell in the rain.
Speaking of rain.. a quick check out the window has put a dampener on
the prospective ride home. Now, where was my rain jacket.. Yes, thats
right. Where i left it on the floor at home as i pedalled out at 6.45am
in a lovely 17 degrees.

You can always ride in the opposite direction for a while and
then turn around. Living close to work permits that luxury.

Old October 6th 05, 08:08 AM

Ahhh... women in lycra... there is something special about that....

Old October 6th 05, 08:11 AM
flyingdutch

NoZX6R Wrote:

Have you had some helpers with 'advertising' along Canning St?

I'm starting to see more and more Vote Jason scrawlings.

You know I'd vote for you, if I was a BV member

--
Nick

Yes.

talk is cheap, you 69gear-inch wooss!

--
flyingdutch

Old October 6th 05, 12:29 PM
A5hi5M

"Bleve" wrote in message
oups.com...

coowoowoo wrote:
Ooh. Dingers heh.. not a bad ride at all. As much as i love living close
to the city, i do wish my morning ride could be a tad longer than 8
k's.. Still, there are days when 8 k's is sheer hell in the rain.
Speaking of rain.. a quick check out the window has put a dampener on
the prospective ride home. Now, where was my rain jacket.. Yes, thats
right. Where i left it on the floor at home as i pedalled out at 6.45am
in a lovely 17 degrees.

You can always ride in the opposite direction for a while and
then turn around. Living close to work permits that luxury.

My 6km Balaclava to Brighton ride now sometimes takes in Albert Park, Port
Melbourne, St Kilda, Hampton etc .. depending how early I leave for work..