Best comment yet

Old October 29th 05, 08:31 AM
Mikefule

Default Best comment yet

I used to ride tandem.

The tandem commnets are usually:

(Sings) "Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do..." (they usually don't
know the rest of the words.)

"Can you ride tandem?" (UK readers of a certain age will remember a PG
Tips advert where the chimpanzee used this memorable chat up line to
the lady chimpanzee who gave him a refreshing cup of tea after he fell
off his bicycle.)

"Can you ride A tandem?" (From those who inaccurately remember the PG
Tips advert.)

"She's not pedalling." (Assuming the stoker to be female, of course.)

The Siamese unicycle comment is, in my experience, unique. I think we
once had a "double decker unicycle" comment, but that probably came up
in a conversation between tandemists.

--
Mikefule

dit dit diddle iddle dit dit... BANG! ow ow ow! that nasty
unincyclinge man has deaded me! naughty unincyclinge man!

Old October 29th 05, 09:15 AM
tomblackwood

My favorite comment when I come across tandem riders is this: "Well, at
least you've got the "wheels to riders" ratio correct."

--
tomblackwood

Tailgate at your own risk...

Old October 29th 05, 09:55 AM
Danny Colyer

Mikefule wrote:
"Can you ride tandem?" (UK readers of a certain age will remember a PG
Tips advert where the chimpanzee used this memorable chat up line to
the lady chimpanzee who gave him a refreshing cup of tea after he fell
off his bicycle.)

And those who don't remember it can see it here (it's the PG Tips Tour
de France ad):
URL:http://www.tv-ark.org.uk/commercials/ads_p-s.html

Completely OT: the best thing about this site was that I found my
favourite advert of all time, which I'd been longing to see again for
over 20 years. When I saw it, I was surprised to recognise Stephen Fry
and Tim McInnery. It's the Whitbread Best ad on the T-Z page.

--
Danny Colyer (my reply address is valid but checked infrequently)
URL:http://www.colyer.plus.com/danny/

Comment on the Equipe accusation Racing 29 August 30th 05 07:25 AM
Most irritating comment on George. Callistus Valerius Racing 6 July 19th 05 07:24 AM
cool (and not cool) comment yesterday Sigurd Unicycling 35 January 31st 05 09:17 AM
cute comment Rowan Unicycling 114 December 17th 04 08:06 AM
Coolest comment yet! mango Unicycling 4 February 15th 04 03:11 PM