Van driver spits at cyclist threatens to punch him and goes throughred light.

Old July 29th 12, 10:56 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cassandra[_6_]

Default Van driver spits at cyclist threatens to punch him and goes through red light.

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 19:38:05 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:

On 28/07/2012 17:13, Phil W Lee wrote:

I'll have to remember that "queue-jumping" line for the next time a
moton passes me.

Moton
n. (Anc. Armour) A small plate covering the armpit in armour of the
14th century and later.

How often do small pieces of armour pass you?

Motorists driving codpieces do it all the time
Old July 29th 12, 11:00 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Cassandra[_6_]

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 22:20:19 +0100, "John Benn"
wrote:

"thirty-six" wrote in message

On Jul 28, 5:12 pm, Phil W Lee wrote:
considered Sat, 28 Jul 2012 04:32:35 -0700
(PDT) the perfect time to write:

On Saturday, July 28, 2012 11:35:23 AM UTC+1, John Benn wrote:

Exactly. The cyclist created the incident himself, arrogant ****.

What lovely people you trolls are, condoning using a phone while driving,
spitting and driving through a red light. It puts the self righteous
moaning about cyclists into context.

You forgot driving an unregistered motor vehicle without VED or
insurance.

Thug needs locking up, and will probably be, when anpr catches him.

DPA-protected information removed

"thirty-six" you have just committed an offence under the DPA by wrongfully
obtaining information and publishing it without any reasonable cause. Do
you want to be reported to the police?

It is reasonable to help protect other road users from drivers with a
serious personality disorder.

I thought the anti-cycling trolls were all for tracing the owners of
vehicles ?
Old July 29th 12, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 09:40:55 GMT, (Cassandra)
wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 13:56:54 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 28/07/2012 12:49, Cassandra wrote:
On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 12:03:55 +0100, JNugent
wrote:

On 28/07/2012 11:59, Cassandra wrote:

"John Benn" wrote:
"Pseudonym" wrote in message news:5013c090$0$3603$7120d902@karibu...
On 28/07/2012 11:02, JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2012 10:54, Pseudonym wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2byQ...eature=related

What on Earth gave that person the idea that he could force his way
through a traffic jam and just pull into the queue wherever he liked, to
the clear disadvantage of those then stuck behind him as a large gap in
the traffic opens up in front of him because he can't keep up with the
rest of the road-users?
Why would he (or anyone) be surprised that those he had disadvantaged
took exception to it?
Whatever happened to waiting your turn?

'Turn'? What you on about?

It's called 'overtaking' and is a perfectly legal move.
===================================

Do you overtake queues of people waiting to pay for their groceries in a
supermarket? If you did, you'd soon discover that it's not the right thing
to do.

Do you stay in the inside lane of the motorway just to be polite ?

Do drivers in the nearside lanes of motorways *often* decide to drive down
the white line separating that lane from the adjacent one (with a line of
traffic in each lane), then pull left in front of (say) a lorry doing 50mph
and slow down to 15mph?

That'd be about the equivalent.

Do motorcyclists filter between the lanes of stationary traffic to
make progress ? - Yes

What have motorcycles got to do with it, other than being something you think
might salvage a lost argument for you?

Filtering is not illegal. Not even for bicycles.

What is this term filtering? What does it mean? Where is it defined?

Is it a legal term? Perhaps part of the RTA?

Old July 29th 12, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 29/07/2012 10:40, Cassandra wrote:

JNugent wrote:
Cassandra wrote:
JNugent wrote:
Cassandra wrote:
"John Benn" wrote:
"Pseudonym" wrote:
JNugent wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:

[...]

"Filtering" (whatever it is, it's never defined, and certainly not defined in
law or in the Highway Code) does *not* mean plonking yourself in front of a
faster vehicle and them making "progress" at 8mph, thereby obstructing the
victim.

Assault is very illegal but you choose to side with criminals who
attack fellow road users..

Wrong.

I side with neither of them. The faults of the driver were obvious and need
no amplification. The cyclist is just as bad though, and arguably worse,
since he provoked the whole series of incidents without any necessity to do
so. He could have waited behind the vehicles in the queue or he could even
have continued down the white line to the front of the queue and not placed
himself in the path of other vehicles to his left or right.

Waiting his turn would have been the better of those two.

Don't worry. There is no need for you to apologise.

Do motorists deliberately close the gap to stop them doing this, for
no other reason than to be a spiteful **** ? - Yes

Do they? I have never experienced or seen it.

Another driver who doesn't look where they are going. This must be why
in your previous post you were terribly confused as to the difference
between a van and a bicycle

You are, I'm afraid, understanding little of what you read and spouting
gibberish as a result.

Whether on a motorbike (not recently, I admit) or in any other motor vehicle,
I have never seen a driver deliberately obstruct a motorbike filtering
through heavy traffic. At a guess, I'd say that that is because we all know
that the biker will not hinder us when he gets to the front. Far from it, in
fact.

I'd already said that.

Not that it is anything like the same thing. I am happy to be overtaken by
any motorcyclist proceeding along the white line because I know that they
will leave me standing when the road opens up in front of them.

OTOH, there is a temptation to position oneself in a traffic light queue in
order to reduce the likelihood of (a) being overtaken on the wrong side,
especially when waiting to turn left, and (b) having the nearside flank of
one's vehicle damaged by a careless cyclist.

I see no reason why anyone should accept either of those things if they are
easily prevented. And they are.

Too fast to spit at then

Are you even *trying* to be sensible?
Old July 29th 12, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

"Dave - Cyclists VOR" wrote in message

On 29/07/2012 09:09, John Benn wrote:
thirty-six" wrote in message

On Jul 29, 1:03 am, "John Benn" wrote:
"thirty-six" wrote in message

On Jul 28, 10:20 pm, "John Benn" wrote:

"thirty-six" wrote in message

[...]

http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

"I am entitled to the insurance information about the vehicle detailed
above
for one or more of the following reasons: It is either registered/

owned/
insured by me or my employer; I am permitted to drive it; I am an
Insurance
Broker or agent and acting on behalf of my client.

I understand it is an offence to wrongfully obtain information of this
nature without any of the above reasonable causes. If I fail to provide
true
reasons for acquiring this information I may be committing an

offence of
unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data protection
Act
1998. I declare that the information provided will not be used for any
purposes unrelated to this enquiry. "

fuddler!
===============================

You can call me what you want but you have broken the law. Please
don't do
this again.

I've broken no laws, real or imaginary.
====================================

Unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data protection
Act is a criminal offence.

If the idiot believes he hasn't broken any laws, he won't mind if you
report him will he?
==============================

"thirty=six" fraudulently obtaining the information by pretending to be the
vehicle owner when using the Motor Insurance Database is bad enough.
Publishing the information on the internet is utterly stupid.

Old July 29th 12, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 29/07/2012 10:51, Cassandra wrote:

JNugent wrote:
On 28/07/2012 12:37, Cassandra wrote:
JNugent wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2byQ...eature=related

What on Earth gave that person the idea that he could force his way through a
traffic jam and just pull into the queue wherever he liked, to the clear
disadvantage of those then stuck behind him as a large gap in the traffic
opens up in front of him because he can't keep up with the rest of the
road-users?
Why would he (or anyone) be surprised that those he had disadvantaged took
exception to it?
Whatever happened to waiting your turn?

Drivers overtake cyclists all the time. They don't seem regard this as
queue jumping.

And it isn't. Overtaking and swapping places by forcing one's way through in
a stationary queue are simply not the same thing, no matter how much it would
be a convenient "argument" for you.

And how fast does the traffic have to move before "swapping places"
become "overtaking"

Faster then the free running speed of the victim being "overtaken" in the
queue-jumping manoeuvre.

(You can tell you have a strong argument by resorting to pedantry that
still makes no sense)

Whatever that may mean (if anything at all).

Nor do cyclists see this as an issue so serious they
must perform revenge attacks.

Revenge for a faster vehicle passing you?
I should think not.

Leaning out of a vehicle and attempting to spit at someone then going
through a red light is of course a clear case of driving without due
care and attention.

That was not an attractive thing to do and was unjustified. But in its turn,
it does not justify the exceptionally bad road manners of the cyclist, which
were undoubtedly the trigger for that disgusting action of the driver.
The cyclist simply was not an innocent victim. He provoked the retaliation
and had no need to do so. It is, in fact, hard not to conclude that he
thought it would be a great joke to hold up the van.

Or he could have made a simple misjudgement and came across a driver
with mental health issues.

That was no misjudgement.

He quite deliberately pulled in between the van and the vehicle in front of
it. There wasn't space for his bike to be accommodated in the gap. He had to
place the machine sideways-on to accomplish the obstruction.

Was it you on the bike?

Don't scoff at that: other cyclist posters have boasted here very recently of
the inconvenience they have caused to other road users and left readers in no
doubt about they had found it amusing.

A saw a BMW driver driving in a dangerous manner. Therefore all BMW
drivers drive in a dangerous manner. (same "logic")

You lack logic. The point is simply that one cannot dismiss deliberate
obstruction as inherently unlikely, because it simply isn't. Many cyclists
(whether a minority or a majority, who knows) take a perverted pleasure in
causing deliberate inconvenience, delay and irritation (and even danger) to
other road-users. You *know* that. We all know it. Why pretend otherwise?

Old July 29th 12, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

[...]

You'd have a job making a definitive identification of him.
Old July 29th 12, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

wrote:

On 28/07/2012 17:13, Phil W Lee wrote:

I'll have to remember that "queue-jumping" line for the next time a
moton passes me.

Moton
n. (Anc. Armour) A small plate covering the armpit in armour of the
14th century and later.

How often do small pieces of armour pass you?

Motorists driving codpieces do it all the time

That, at least, is one of your more sensible utterances.
Old July 29th 12, 11:18 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Benn

****.

[...]

He uses a virginmedia IP address. A court can order an ISP to reveal who
the account holder is. That's how Guy Chapman identified Nuxx Barr.

Old July 29th 12, 11:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:

On 28/07/2012 17:13, Phil W Lee wrote:

I'll have to remember that "queue-jumping" line for the next time a
moton passes me.

Moton
n. (Anc. Armour) A small plate covering the armpit in armour of the
14th century and later.

How often do small pieces of armour pass you?

Motorists driving codpieces do it all the time

That, at least, is one of your more sensible utterances.

A codpiece under the armpit?

University