Another comment...

Old April 23rd 04, 07:54 PM
spickydoo

Default Another comment...

While getting ready for my ride today I had my muni in the back of my
station wagon with the hatch open. As I was filling my waterbladder at
the hose a gentleman in running gear walked by and saw my uni. He walked
past and then came back and asked "is that a bike with one wheel? I
suppose it's not a bike then is it

--
spickydoo - one hot wheel

"They say you can pick your friends, You can pick your nose, But you
can't pick your friend's nose. " Unibrier

"If I wanted to be totally healthy I wouldn't smoke pot, drink alcohol
or stay up too late, and how fun would that be?" Rowan
spickydoo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1055

Old April 23rd 04, 07:59 PM
Jim_Rob

Nice one. It's hard to know what to say when that happens.

I had a comment come up the other day. I was on a trail, honking up the
hill at my usual snail's pace when an old gentleman hiker came around a
turn and said "Well, you don't see that everyday!" I managed to blurt
out "Well, actually, I do!". One of my finest come-back moments.

--
Jim_Rob - Old Man

TTFN

JR

"Riding uphill on a unicycle sucks", Walt, Nationally-ranked singlespeed
MTB racer
Jim_Rob's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3824

Old April 23rd 04, 09:45 PM
treepotato

"is that a bike with one wheel? I suppose it's not a bike then is it

that chappie is obviously a well educated chap, more observant than most
i've recived comments like 'Hey look at that one wheeled bike' when will
people understan bike mean two 'bi'

--
treepotato - No brakes, No limits.........Felix

Some unicycles can give nasty pedal bites.....i still have the scars to
prove it
treepotato's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3942

Old April 24th 04, 03:13 AM
bugman

My least favorite is "you are missing your other wheel." If you can't
be original, why bother commenting. I feel like saying "Damn, that's
the first time I've heard that!" but I don't. Instead I usually say if
they are walking "you are missing both." or on a bike "I don't need the
training wheel any more."

--
bugman - Survivor 2004 Wolfman Duathalon

Old April 24th 04, 03:21 AM
hopeful

best one ever- I was practicing in the park one day and this one kid
says to me "hey, do a wheelie" and before I can even reply, his friend,
standing next to him smacks him on the back of the head and says "he
already IS, stupid."

--
hopeful - revelling in the glory of 700c

a sawzall...!? why not just use an axe. -- Jagur

Long live the Lotus -- Mojoe
hopeful's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4470

Old April 24th 04, 08:20 AM
Mikefule

hopeful wrote:
* his friend... says "he already IS, stupid." *

Are you SURE the comma was there?

A few weeks ago, i was on the Coker and went past a gang of lads. I
diverted and rode down a short steep hill, across some rough ground, and
most of the way up the next hill.

A couple of weeks after that, I went past the same gang, and rode down
the short hill towars them. Then we had this exchange:

"Ride up that hill."
"Not likely."
"Go on, ride up the hill."
"Do I look stupid?"
"You did last time."

Hmmmm.

--
Mikefule - Roland Hope School of Unicycling

So many pedestrians tell me I've lost a wheel.

Old April 24th 04, 02:37 PM
Naomi

"Mikefule" wrote in
message cyclist.com...

"Ride up that hill."
"Not likely."
"Go on, ride up the hill."
"Do I look stupid?"
"You did last time."

I think you can be fairly sure that that was lost on its originator.

Naomi