Bad Drive Rego Numbers

Old September 14th 05, 01:01 PM
FlashGordon

Default Bad Drive Rego Numbers

Hi,

I cycle along the back streets of the North Shore and along Pacific Highway
from Crows Nest to Pymble to/ from work and this week I have found a real
contrast with drivers. There are the ones that let you in when the left
lane ends and then give a wide birth to pass and the others that do 80km/h
in a 50 zone to get past you at a round about, only to be stopped at a T
intersection trying to turn right!

Is there a listing where you can add rego numbers of drivers that try and
force you off the road or abuse the S#$&T out of you.

Yes I've been to the cops but they say they cannot do anything until I get
knocked down (?).

Todays driver is a P plater with a red car and rego RED 47P (red number
plates) who thought it was great fun to try and force me off the road.

Gordon

Old September 14th 05, 01:54 PM
Resound

"FlashGordon" wrote in message
u...
Hi,

I cycle along the back streets of the North Shore and along Pacific
Highway from Crows Nest to Pymble to/ from work and this week I have found
a real contrast with drivers. There are the ones that let you in when the
left lane ends and then give a wide birth to pass and the others that do
80km/h in a 50 zone to get past you at a round about, only to be stopped
at a T intersection trying to turn right!

Is there a listing where you can add rego numbers of drivers that try and
force you off the road or abuse the S#$&T out of you.

Yes I've been to the cops but they say they cannot do anything until I get
knocked down (?).

Todays driver is a P plater with a red car and rego RED 47P (red number
plates) who thought it was great fun to try and force me off the road.

Gordon

Intimidation and an attempt to injure is assault. Don't let the police tell
you that there's nothing they can do...insist on filing a complaint. At the
very least they'll wind up having a chat to the offender. Anyone got any
more useful and specific tips? I believe getting your complaint dow in
writing is the way to go.

Old September 14th 05, 09:47 PM
Random Data

FlashGordon wrote:

I cycle along the back streets of the North Shore and along Pacific Highway
from Crows Nest to Pymble to/ from work

You might find it more pleasant to ride on the North side of the
railway from Chatswood to Gordon. That avoids the worst of the "3 lanes
to 2 on an uphill".

Dave - who goes through LCNP on the way home to avoid the highway

Old September 15th 05, 03:49 AM
Jock

Report the incident, give all the details and ask for a reference or event
number.
I think if we report every person, soon the data will be there & if someone
shows up with a constant liking for dissing cyclists, police can act.
I hope.
Jock

Old September 15th 05, 10:55 AM
FlashGordon

Dave,

Do you mean the east side (opposite side of rail line to Pacific Hwy? If so
then that is my route in the morning as it is more up and down and get some
excerise, while up the Highway in afternoon is quicker and just one big
slog!

How do you go through LCNP to get North?

Thanks Gordon

"Random Data" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old September 15th 05, 10:57 AM
FlashGordon

Jock,

I've had previous incidents logged at Chatswood and suposedly they have then
spoken to the offender but no proof given.

Gordon

Old September 15th 05, 11:24 AM
BrettM

"Resound" wrote in
:

[...]

Nope your pretty much right. If someone offends (commits a crime)
against you and you insist on filing an actual complaint then they are
bound to act on the complaint. This means investigating it and
reporting on the results of the investigation.

A threat of violence can constitute assualt. The context is important
though.

Cheers

BrettM
Old September 15th 05, 11:27 AM
Jock

I think I have had the same from Gordon police 10 years ago. I think you
need to formally complain and get a number & check back with them. Comes
down to how much time you have though and it should not be that way.
Jock

"FlashGordon" wrote in message
u...
| Jock,
|
| I've had previous incidents logged at Chatswood and suposedly they have
then
| spoken to the offender but no proof given.
|
| Gordon
|

| "Jock" wrote in message
| Report the incident, give all the details and ask for a reference or
event
| number.
| I think if we report every person, soon the data will be there & if
| someone
| shows up with a constant liking for dissing cyclists, police can act.
| I hope.
| Jock
|
| "FlashGordon" wrote in message
| u...
| | Hi,
| |
| | I cycle along the back streets of the North Shore and along Pacific
| Highway
| | from Crows Nest to Pymble to/ from work and this week I have found a
| real
| | contrast with drivers. There are the ones that let you in when the
left
| | lane ends and then give a wide birth to pass and the others that do
| 80km/h
| | in a 50 zone to get past you at a round about, only to be stopped at a
| | intersection trying to turn right!
| |
| | Is there a listing where you can add rego numbers of drivers that try
| and
| | force you off the road or abuse the S#$&T out of you.
| |
| | Yes I've been to the cops but they say they cannot do anything until I
| get
| | knocked down (?).
| |
| | Todays driver is a P plater with a red car and rego RED 47P (red
number
| | plates) who thought it was great fun to try and force me off the road.
| |
| | Gordon
| |
| |

Old September 15th 05, 09:45 PM
Random Data

FlashGordon wrote:

Do you mean the east side (opposite side of rail line to Pacific Hwy?

That's the puppy. The rail line runs basically Northwest, so North &
East are the same side.

How do you go through LCNP to get North?

I'm going to the south side of Turramurra, so it's up to the highway in
the morning, then a fast run down. In the afternoon it's up the highway
to Chatswood, then down Fuller's Rd to the bottom of LCNP. Through the
park (no cars), up the cycleway to the M2 (no cars), the bike lane on
the M2 (damn, cars!) to about 1km past the toll gate. There's a bike
exit here which takes you out to the very end of Vimiera Rd, and
there's a cycleway that goes through to the bottom of Kissing Pt Rd in
Turramurra.

It's about 4km further on the way home, and a bit slower (not
surprising, given the highway is downhill for large parts). To Gordon
it might be too much of a diversion.

Dave - who *really* doesn't like riding up the highway north of
Chatswood.