info about lugged specialized allez cromoly steel

Old November 24th 08, 05:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

Default info about lugged specialized allez cromoly steel

Hey, I just bought this bicycle frame

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25224248@N05/3056694058/

I am trying to find out if it is a Japanese model or a Taiwanese one,
tubing and any additional info you guys may have. I've always lusted
over these frames. particularly the ones that have lugs connecting to
the seatstays and drop puts.

The description said:

Hello, this auction is for a Specialized Allez frameset. From the mid
90's; it's a lugged steel frame with unicrown steel fork. The seat
tube sticker says "Specialized Direct Drive Special Butted Racing CrMo
Tubing". A nice looking frameset, in very good used condition with low
miles. Features semi-vertical rear dropouts, a pump peg, and a chain
peg. Requires a 1" threaded headset, 27.2 seatpost, and english thread
bb. I'm not sure what the official Specialized size is, but here are
some measurements:

* seat tube length (center-to-top) = 54 cm
* top tube length = 54.5 cm
* head tube length = 11.5 cm
* standover height (approximate) = 78 cm
* rear dropout spacing = 130 mm
* frame weight = 3.8 lbs
* fork weight = 1.4 lbs

Thanks, andres
Old November 25th 08, 08:54 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
A Muzi

The description said:
Hello, this auction is for a Specialized Allez frameset. From the mid
90's; it's a lugged steel frame with unicrown steel fork. The seat
tube sticker says "Specialized Direct Drive Special Butted Racing CrMo
Tubing". A nice looking frameset, in very good used condition with low
miles. Features semi-vertical rear dropouts, a pump peg, and a chain
peg. Requires a 1" threaded headset, 27.2 seatpost, and english thread
bb. I'm not sure what the official Specialized size is, but here are
some measurements:
* seat tube length (center-to-top) = 54 cm
* top tube length = 54.5 cm
* head tube length = 11.5 cm
* standover height (approximate) = 78 cm
* rear dropout spacing = 130 mm
* frame weight = 3.8 lbs
* fork weight = 1.4 lbs

Not Japanese built. Note vertical ends, fastback stays and unicrown,
all unlike the first series which was built at Abiko Japan.
--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old November 25th 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
landotter

The description said:
[...]

Yup, one of those lives here in the neighborhood with lovely Superbe
jewelry hung from it. Didn't look at the rear drops, but it did have a
crowned fork.
Old November 25th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

The description said:
[...]

crowned fork.- Hide quoted text -

There's a guy who occasionally commutes to work here on the Superbe-
equipped one (the "Kevin Costner Edition") and he totally has no idea
what it is. He's got a Sora long-cage RD that replaced the Superbe,
but he still has a double crank. Breaks my heart.
Old November 26th 08, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

The description said:
[...]

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Thx. I like the stays, in particular because they are part of the lug
and the stays are brazed into the lug. I don't know if this is a good
thing or not, but it looks really cool to me. I've seen some treks
that have that design, and I've always liked it.
Old November 26th 08, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman[_3_]

The description said:
[...]

Who is Kevin Costner? Bicycle racer or designer?

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
If you are not a part of the solution, you are a part of the precipitate.
Old November 26th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Hank

The description said:
[...]

Star of the 1983 film "American Flyers," about two brothers who
reconnect through racing their red Superbe-equipped Specialized
Allezes in the Coors Classic, er, I mean "The Hell Of The West."

Also starring a glob of ketchup on Alexandra Paul's leg.