Law breaking cyclist

Old May 3rd 12, 07:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

Default Law breaking cyclist

Simply unbelievable.

Coming home from work today over Rochester Bridge. Two lanes in each
direction and a cycle lane. Central divide.

As I approached I saw a sign saying "cycle lane closed" - they are
repairing part of the bridge. In the centre of the bridge they have
erected scaffolding which extends over the cycle lane - leaving a very
narrow gap. Another sign says "cyclists dismount".

Cyclist rode straight through the gap in the scaffolding.

To be fair, he couldn't have seen the signs - the ****wit was traveling
in the wrong direction against the flow of traffic.

University
Old May 3rd 12, 08:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Squashme

On May 3, 7:23*pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
Simply unbelievable.

Coming home from work today over Rochester Bridge. Two lanes in each
direction and a cycle lane. *Central divide.

As I approached I saw a sign saying "cycle lane closed" - they are
repairing part of the bridge. *In the centre of the bridge they have
erected scaffolding which extends over the cycle lane - leaving a very
narrow gap. *Another sign says "cyclists dismount".

Cyclist rode straight through the gap in the scaffolding.

To be fair, he couldn't have seen the signs - the ****wit was traveling
in the wrong direction against the flow of traffic.

If he was a Native American he would get to 'count coup' for that act.
By the way, it counts double if he was sitting backwards on the saddle
and wearing squaw's clothes.

--------------------------------------
"For young braves the main purpose of making war was to count coup
that is gain war's honours which was the way to fame and advancement.
There was comparatively little prestige in killing an enemy. After all
a coward could shoot a man from ambush without any danger to himself.
but to ride or walk up to the foe while he was still alive and armed,
touching him with one arm or a special coup stick brought great honour
because a man risked his life doing it."

Breaking Away - Where are they now? John Everett General 14 February 25th 07 06:55 PM
Breaking Away Ewoud Dronkert Racing 2 July 1st 06 11:16 AM
Breaking Away B. Lafferty Racing 15 December 13th 05 03:41 AM
BREAKING NEWS! Olympic cyclist Drug DQ!!!!!!! crit pro Racing 2 August 29th 04 12:12 PM
Again with the breaking! PopeSamXVI Unicycling 12 June 11th 04 07:59 AM