2 bolt look SPD like cleats

Old June 14th 07, 03:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike

Default 2 bolt look SPD like cleats

Looking for look 2 bolt SPD like cleats fits standard SPD shoe.

Misha

Old June 14th 07, 04:47 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Jacoubowsky

Looking for look 2 bolt SPD like cleats fits standard SPD shoe.

I can't imagine any halfway-decent bike shop that wouldn't be able to sell
you the real thing, or, if you insist, a copy. Have you had trouble finding
them?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old June 14th 07, 04:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
jim beam

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Looking for look 2 bolt SPD like cleats fits standard SPD shoe.

I can't imagine any halfway-decent bike shop that wouldn't be able to sell
you the real thing, or, if you insist, a copy. Have you had trouble finding
them?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

i thought look cleats were 3 bolt, not 2???
Old June 14th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
jim beam wrote:

Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
Looking for look 2 bolt SPD like cleats fits standard SPD shoe.

I can't imagine any halfway-decent bike shop that wouldn't be able to sell
you the real thing, or, if you insist, a copy. Have you had trouble finding
them?

i thought look cleats were 3 bolt, not 2???

I think this might be the relatively recent Look MTB pedals, which are a
licensed version of the Egg Beaters.

Wait, it must be the original Look S2S or S2R pedals!

http://www.bikepro.com/products/pedals/s2s-s2r.html

compatible with SPD shoes, but the cleat is not Shimano-compatible.

Here's a pic of the Look 4X4 pedal, which is the Egg Beater rebadge:

http://www.stif.co.uk/gear/select_op...productID=1801

You can tell it from a standard Egg Beater because it says "Look" on the
pedal spindle.

Old June 14th 07, 06:28 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Mike Jacoubowsky

Looking for look 2 bolt SPD like cleats fits standard SPD shoe.

I can't imagine any halfway-decent bike shop that wouldn't be able to
sell you the real thing, or, if you insist, a copy. Have you had trouble
finding them?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

i thought look cleats were 3 bolt, not 2???

You're right, I misread the post. I know exactly the pedals the OP's looking
for cleats for (I think), but it's going to be next-to-impossible to find
them. We scraped one pair up for someone a little while ago, but it was
definitely the last pair we had.

For what it's worth, they weren't the greatest pedals in the world. If I
recall correctly, they were more difficult than standard SPDs to get out of
(requiring quite a bit more arc on your foot to release, yet had no greater
amount of float than a normal SPD).

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Old June 14th 07, 01:24 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Banned

On Jun 13, 9:47 pm, "Mike Jacoubowsky" wrote:
Looking for look 2 bolt SPD like cleats fits standard SPD shoe.

I can't imagine any halfway-decent bike shop that wouldn't be able to sell
you the real thing, or, if you insist, a copy. Have you had trouble finding
them?

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycleswww.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Is he looking for the LOOK MTB pedal type cleat? A 2 bolt, spd-type,
for the LOOK pedals of about 10 years ago??

Old June 14th 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jun 13, 9:50 pm, "Mike" wrote:
Looking for look 2 bolt SPD like cleats fits standard SPD shoe.

Got a model number?

See if they're in here, which is a Tiny URL link for the Shimano USA
website cleat listing:

http://tinyurl.com/26hsk9

--D-y

Old June 14th 07, 04:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
cat0020

I have 3 pairs of LOOK Moab pedals and stocked up with 5 pairs of LOOK
S3L pedals and some extra cleats when Nashbar had them on sale for
$9.99 a pair back in late 90's.
If I have spare cleats I might be able to part with them, or you
should just get some updated SPD compatible pedals.

Old June 14th 07, 08:29 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Jun 13, 9:50 pm, "Mike" wrote:
Looking for look 2 bolt SPD like cleats fits standard SPD shoe.

Misha

Just guessing here, but are you referring to the Time Mid pedal? The
kind Chris Boardman used to use?

http://www.icyclesusa.com/catalog/ti...oad-pedals.htm

http://aebike.com/page.cfm?PageID=30...ils&sku=PD2043