yet more cycle rage

Old March 27th 11, 06:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Default yet more cycle rage

Simon Weaseltemper wrote:
On 27/03/2011 17:21, Mrcheerful wrote:.

"The cyclist is described as being white, between 30 to 35 years
old, with an athletic build."

does it really sound like a fair fight?

"repeatedly punched in the face by a cyclist " not really a panic
reaction then.

A force spokeswoman said: "This has been a vicious attack on a woman
who has been left with a perforated eardrum."

These are excerpts from the article.

"she became involved in a row with a man on a bike"

"the woman thought she had collided with him"

"the man hit her in the face" (no mention of repeatedly)

"we would appeal directly to the cyclist himself to contact us so we
can fully establish the circumstances"

Make of it what you will.

several of the reports say 'repeatedly', I see no reason to suppose they are
wrong, do you?

hospitalisation of a woman by a man for what may or may not have involved a
minor, non damaging collision seems a bit over the top to any rational human
being.

Old March 27th 11, 07:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
"Mr Pounder" wrote:
"Simon Weaseltemper" wrote in message
On 26/03/2011 11:03, JNugent wrote:

On another occasion I witnessed a similar incident to the one
described in
the article. People present cheered the cyclist and then he rode off.

I was there and saw it too.

It was probably a different occasion.

I saw it too!

Amazing. JNugent and Mr Pounder applauding a cyclist!
--
Tony

:-)))))))))))))))

Old March 27th 11, 09:08 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Weaseltemper

On 27/03/2011 18:51, Mrcheerful wrote:
Simon Weaseltemper wrote:
[...]

I was referring only to the article posted, at the time, I had not
followed any links.

But yes, it does "appear" to be over the top, but then, we do not know
what exactly happened.

Old March 27th 11, 10:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport
Silk

On 27/03/2011 16:47, Rupert Bear wrote:

It does not make the assault acceptable, but a little understanding
and thought of normal humanity would not go amiss
before you go lynching him from the nearest streetlamp..

Ok, point made, can we lynch him from the nearest streetlamp now. :-)
Old March 27th 11, 10:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.legal
Adrian

Rupert Bear gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

It should be considered that there are usually two sides to most
story's..
And one side is missing here ,,,,?

Mmm. That's probably because the person who could give that other side
has buggered off into the sunset.

The so-calledl pschycpathic slapphead cyclomaniac etc. may have a very
different take on events..

So perhaps he should come forward and give it to the police.
Old March 27th 11, 11:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.legal
Mrcheerful[_2_]

Adrian wrote:
Rupert Bear gurgled happily, sounding
much like they were saying:

It should be considered that there are usually two sides to most
story's..
And one side is missing here ,,,,?

Mmm. That's probably because the person who could give that other side
has buggered off into the sunset.

The so-calledl pschycpathic slapphead cyclomaniac etc. may have a
very different take on events..

So perhaps he should come forward and give it to the police.

unlikely, given the cowardly nature of the attack.

Old March 27th 11, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.legal
Peter Keller

On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 11:13:31 +0100, Judith wrote:

Well done Porky - as he speculates more than most with his foaming
outrage that someone has accused a cyclist of a misdemeanour.

Hagfishes live in fairly deep water where there is a soft muddy bottom
into which they can burrow. They have no paired fins nor scales; their
eyes are hidden under skin and they are almost blind. The surface of the
skin is particularly slimy since it is copiously supplied with mucus-
secreting glands. Hagfishes feed on some marine worms and crustaceans,
but they are best known for attacking dead and dying fish or fish trapped
in nets.

--
67.4% of statistics are made up.
Old March 27th 11, 11:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_3_]

"Mr Pounder" wrote:
"Tony Raven" wrote in message

:-)))))))))))))))

Jesus, you need to get on a bike and get some exercise. Get rid of some of
those excess chins ;-)

--
Tony
Old March 28th 11, 12:35 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.legal
Rupert Bear

On Mar 27, 10:19*pm, Adrian wrote:
Rupert Bear gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

It should be considered that there are usually two sides to most
story's..
And one side is missing here ,,,,?

Mmm. That's probably because the person who could give that other side
has buggered off into the sunset.

You, are, on the ball there,,

The so-calledl pschycpathic slapphead cyclomaniac etc. may have a very
different *take on events..

So perhaps he should come forward and give it to the police.

I hope they find him and charge him with assault..

Im not defending the guy's actions,, just saying that all you got is
half a story,,

And should consider what it might take to make some guy go thumping
an
innocent driver like that... ?

Consider that he may have been scared for his life only seconds
before,,
People can react badly in the heat of the moment..

Its getting like cyclists are the new black to be hunted down here..

.................................................. ..................

Old March 28th 11, 08:13 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.legal
Adrian

Rupert Bear gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

And should consider what it might take to make some guy go thumping an
innocent driver like that... ?

Consider that he may have been scared for his life only seconds before,,
People can react badly in the heat of the moment..

Well, quite. That poor Mr Noye.

cycle rage Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 7 November 7th 10 10:41 AM
Cycle rage!! Over to you Doug....... Doug[_8_] UK 5 November 6th 10 09:57 AM
yet another cycle rage incident. Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 21 October 6th 10 08:10 AM
Cycle rage in Brisbane? Bill the Cat Australia 2 April 17th 08 04:34 AM
Cycle Rage [email protected] Racing 0 March 11th 06 12:11 AM