yet more cycle rage

Old March 28th 11, 11:11 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.legal
Adrian

Default yet more cycle rage

Rupert Bear gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

It takes two to tango..

So you're suggesting that Stephen Cameron was partially responsible for
his own murder?

It takes two to tango..

That's a "Yes", is it?
Old March 28th 11, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.legal
Mortimer

"Rupert Bear" wrote in message
On Mar 28, 10:49 am, Adrian wrote:
Rupert Bear gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying:

It takes two to tango..

So you're suggesting that Stephen Cameron was partially responsible for
his own murder?

It takes two to tango..

But it only takes one to over-react and take offence.

I was once the victim of a road rage attack - luckily it was only my car
that bore the scars.

I was in the left land of a two-lane roundabout and a car on my right cut me
up. I gave him a short toot on the horn to warn him that I was there and
dropped back to let him go ahead in case he'd realised at the last minute
that he was about to miss his exit. I'm sure that nothing that I did could
be construed as aggressive or provocative.

He stopped in front of me on the roundabout and leapt out, brandishing what
look like an iron bar. I locked the doors (central locking is very useful)
and drove off, wanting to avoid a confrontation. However he lunged at the
car and clipped it with his bar. I didn't stay around to find out what
damage he'd caused.

Even though I drove off fast, and he had to get back in his car and set off
from rest, he caught me up at the next lights, came round to my car and
began tugging on the door handle, demanding that I open up calling me an
f-ing nutter. He was white-faced with rage. When he realised that the door
was locked, he began bashing the door mirror. I knew that I wasn't going to
hand about when the lights turned green, but he still had his hand grasping
my door handle - and I didn't want to take it with me! As soon as the lights
went green, I pointed at them to distract his attention and then drove off -
straight to the police station.

Without a registration number they couldn't do much, but they said I'd done
all the right things in trying not to get involved.

What was odd was that he was middle-aged and smartly dressed in a business
suit - not the stereotypical testosterone-fuelled chav that you'd expect to
perform a road-rage attack. How many businessmen go around with an iron bar
readily to hand?

Old March 28th 11, 11:40 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.legal
Mortimer

"Rupert Bear" wrote in message
"road rage" cases.

I once got myself out of position on a simple left turn in the
villiage,, at very low speed..
And a smart arse prick took advantage of my minor mistake and used it
to his advantage..
Technically he was in the right by the hyway code an all that,, but
there would be no incident baring that he did not make it into one,,
it was just that he caught me out of position and he deliberately
stopped and trapped me there,, like a predator,, boosting his own
ego..

===

I'm not familiar with the term "out of position" in this context. I imagine
it has some specific meaning to cyclists. So I wonder whether I've surmised
correctly what happened...

Was it that you were wanting to go straight on and the driver in front was
indiciating to turn left? Did he move over to the left kerb to stop you
overtaking him on his left? Is that what you are protesting about.

As a driver, I'd do this if there was no cycle lane down the left hand side
of the road, so as to be in the correct lane for turning left, rather than
having to turn left from a lane to the right as many cycle-friendly road
layouts force you to. I'd only do it if I was far enough ahead that the bike
wasn't forced to do an emergency stop

And as a cyclist I would NEVER put myself in the position of overtaking a
left-turning vehicle - I obey all the same rules when I'm cycling that I do
when I'm driving, as regards not running red lights or occupied zebra
crossings, and not overtaking a vehicle on the side that it is indicating.

Old March 28th 11, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.rec.driving,uk.transport,uk.legal
Just zis Guy, you know?[_34_]

Old March 29th 11, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default yet more motorist rage

On Mar 26, 1:40*pm, Simon Weaseltemper
wrote:

I can t say I agree with you here but I respect your opinion on this.
Violence should never be condoned although can be understandable. Not so
much for the driver in a rage because some gave him a vee sign, but for
the cyclist who may have been hit.

Here is a good example of what a cyclist should do if they are
assaulted by a motorist.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...list-1.1048945

Let the police deal with it.

--
Simon Mason
Old March 29th 11, 10:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
The Medway Handyman[_4_]

On 29/03/2011 20:39, Phil W Lee wrote:
Simon considered Tue, 29 Mar 2011 05:51:49
-0700 (PDT) the perfect time to write:

wrote:

I can t say I agree with you here but I respect your opinion on this.
Violence should never be condoned although can be understandable. Not so
much for the driver in a rage because some gave him a vee sign, but for
the cyclist who may have been hit.

Here is a good example of what a cyclist should do if they are
assaulted by a motorist.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/crime-cour...list-1.1048945

Let the police deal with it.

That's fine if you are lucky enough to live somewhere with a police
force worthy of the name.

Around here you can be absolutely confident that any report by a
member of the public of misbehaviour by a motorist, even where injury
has been caused and independent video evidence is available, will be
completely ignored.

I wonder why?

Is it because you are well known to the local police as a complete ****wit?

Old March 30th 11, 05:05 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

Perhaps they are fed up with ****wits making things up:

--
If the *******s won't do anything about the taxi driver risking
people's lives by dangerous driving, book him to take your kids on a
Old March 30th 11, 07:51 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Mar 30, 5:05*am, Judith wrote:
On Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:39:52 +0100, Phil W Lee wrote:

Let the police deal with it.

That's fine if you are lucky enough to live somewhere with a police
force worthy of the name.

Around here you can be absolutely confident that any report by a
member of the public of misbehaviour by a motorist, even where injury
has been caused and independent video evidence is available, will be
completely ignored.

Perhaps they are fed up with ****wits making things up:

That's why video evidence is so useful.

--
Simon Mason
Old March 30th 11, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller

What an honour to be ****witted by the Judith!

--

snip

--
67.4% of statistics are made up.

cycle rage Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 7 November 7th 10 10:41 AM
Cycle rage!! Over to you Doug....... Doug[_8_] UK 5 November 6th 10 09:57 AM
yet another cycle rage incident. Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 21 October 6th 10 08:10 AM
Cycle rage in Brisbane? Bill the Cat Australia 2 April 17th 08 04:34 AM
Cycle Rage [email protected] Racing 0 March 11th 06 12:11 AM