Roof or towbar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 16th 13, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bertie Wooster[_2_]

Default Roof or towbar

We have just made my selection for a replacement car for our V reg
Peugeot 406, which I bought second hand just under 10 years ago.

The 406 is beginning to fall to pieces - with the air conditioning
broken, the 12v power socket broken, the remote control door lock
broken and locking and unlocking the car can only be performed
passenger side; and to top it all the nearside wing mirror glass was
broken through a misjudged reversing manoeuvre by my wife, but I have
managed to gaffer tape a replacement glass into place for our
forthcoming trip to France.

Our new car will be a 13 month old Peugeot 5008 MPV, delivery in two
weeks, after we return from the Loire Valley in our dilapidated 406.

I have a roof mounted tandem carrier which is fine, and a rear end
bicycle rack which I won't want to use on the new car. What is better
for transporting bicycles (other than tandems), roof carriers or
towbar carriers?

FS: 3 bike towbar mounted rack ProfTournesol[_66_] Australia 0 November 11th 07 05:47 AM
Free to good home: towbar-mounted bike carrier beerwolf Australia 2 January 14th 07 04:31 AM
HELP - towbar mounted racks. Mike_P UK 7 April 27th 06 03:13 PM
Towbar carrier for six bikes Peter B UK 27 March 15th 05 10:05 PM
Towbar mounted wheel-support bike racks? Steve UK 3 April 6th 04 08:59 PM