Considering Steel (again, please disregard original, bad links)...

Old January 19th 07, 01:43 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
k2

Default Considering Steel (again, please disregard original, bad links)...

Hi
Last fall's project was building up a CIOCC steel road frame that I got
from a friend for a killer deal... :
http://tinyurl.com/2y32zm
unfortunately the frame is to big for me but rides great and it got me
interested (again) in adding a steel bike to my already insanely large
collection (besides, I have to do something with this groupo now). I
started perusing eBay, and sorta fell into the "gotta have a vintage
Italian frame" spell and have come very close in re-mortgaging my house
for the privilege. I still might!
But checking around for "new" frames I've found some enticing choices
that may be, while not as "cool", good alternatives, and easier to adapt
my current new gear to.
Here are currently two choices I'm considering and was wondering if
anyone could comment on pros/cons for either/both.
http://tinyurl.com/37eo7p the CIOCC. I believe my current CIOCC is the
precursor to this.
http://tinyurl.com/2rklfr the Debarnardi.

a possible 3rd option is the Coppi Neuron Megatube:
http://tinyurl.com/2gh3ax
Anyone?

Primarily I'm looking for a good performing, not necessarily racing, rig
that I can comfortably do tough centuries with. I already have a Trek
5200 that is very suitable for this, but unlike wives, it's legal to
have more then one bike choice!

The CIOCC is made even more appealing with the sale price I've found.

thanks!
Please remove the killspam portion of
my return address if replying directly
Old January 22nd 07, 02:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Banned

k2 wrote:
[...]

Does it have to be Italian?

http://www.gunnarbikes.com

http://www.waterfordbikes.com

and I have a Torelli Countach for sale at around wholesale $..what size
are ya looking for?

http://www.torelli.com