I don't understand - what is this for?

Old August 7th 07, 12:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_173_]

Default I don't understand - what is this for?

Corvus Corvax wrote:
On Aug 4, 1:16 pm, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
""sunsetss0003\"@invalida .com" wrote:
What is the deal with single-speed anyway?

To think I missed this flamewar!

http://www.dirtragmag.com/web/articl...egory=web_only

Ride what you want. Life is good.

Ride what you want. Flame everyone that rides something different on
Usenet.

Old August 7th 07, 12:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
JD

On Aug 6, 3:59 pm, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
wrote:
JD WHO? wrote:
On Aug 6, 4:01 am, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
wrote:
JD wrote:
On Aug 5, 4:34 pm, "Tom \"Johnny Sunset\" Sherman"
wrote:
Have any professional level MTB races been won on fixed or single-speed
bikes? (Actual, not rhetorical, question)
A typical douchebag question because racing doesn't have jack **** to
do with anything.
Racing has nothing to do with which bike (within the rules) is fastest?
Thanks for the information!

No, racing doesn't have jack **** to do with anything. Yes, you are a
douchebag.

You have to try harder JD. I have been flamed much better many times on
Usenet.

With asinine comments and speculations like yours, it's no big
surprise.

Why don't you go race, count some calories, download your HRM data and
then jerk off to it all now.

JD

Old August 7th 07, 12:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_175_]

wrote:
Have any professional level MTB races been won on fixed or single-speed
bikes? (Actual, not rhetorical, question)
A typical douchebag question because racing doesn't have jack **** to
do with anything.
Racing has nothing to do with which bike (within the rules) is fastest?
Thanks for the information!
No, racing doesn't have jack **** to do with anything. Yes, you are a
douchebag.

You have to try harder JD. I have been flamed much better many times on
Usenet.

With asinine comments and speculations like yours, it's no big
surprise.

Why don't you go race, count some calories, download your HRM data and
then jerk off to it all now.

Lack of interest in those activities, perhaps? I would rather ride my
bikes and argue on Usenet.

Old August 7th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Steve Baker[_2_]

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote:
Fred Clydesdale who? wrote:

snip-de-dip

The force applied to the pedals does need to be kept down to a point
where the rider is still using anaerobic power if the climb is of any
length.

Dude, if the climb is that long and painful, get the feck off the bike
and walk it. The flowers smell nicer that way. ;-)
Old August 7th 07, 12:55 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Steve Baker[_2_]

G.T. wrote:
Steve Baker wrote:
Michael Press wrote:
In article rSnti.348$mw4.286@trndny09,
Steve Baker wrote:

Why don't you ask a Trek dealer if it is selling? They'll be able
to tell much better than this raggedy bunch can.

From a plea for sanity and tolerance to mud-slinging in a single bound.

I was referring to the rec.bike.* crowd - I know AM-B are FAR less
well-dressed than "raggedy" could possibly imply. ;-)

Hahaha, I guess I was wrong.

Greg

You weren't wrong, Greg, he just couldn't see it from his perspective.
Steve "inverse snobbery" Baker
Old August 7th 07, 12:59 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Steve Baker[_2_]

Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote (in part):

I would rather ride my
bikes and argue on Usenet.

Prove it - PLEASE!
Like for, say, a month or so.....
Old August 7th 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_176_]

Steve Baker wrote:
Tom "Johnny Sunset" Sherman wrote (in part):

I would rather ride my
bikes and argue on Usenet.

Prove it - PLEASE!
Like for, say, a month or so.....

I have proved over and over that I like to argue on Usenet.

Old August 7th 07, 01:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
Tom \Johnny Sunset\ Sherman[_177_]

Fred Clydesdale who? wrote:

snip-de-dip

The force applied to the pedals does need to be kept down to a point
where the rider is still using anaerobic power if the climb is of any
length.

Dude, if the climb is that long and painful, get the feck off the bike
and walk it. The flowers smell nicer that way. ;-)

I usually walk uphill when I either break traction or can not keep the
front wheel on the ground (this happens on slopes that somewhat skilled
riders can climb), or when things start to get out of hand downhill
(long before decent riders dismount).

--
Tom "Sub-Barney" Sherman - Holstein-Friesland Bovinia

Old August 7th 07, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech,rec.bicycles.misc,alt.mountain-bike
â–€Slack

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 07:21:48 -0700, RonSonic
wrote:

Just because something is faster doesn't mean it's more fun.

Ron

Put that bong down!
--
Slack