The curse of LANCE

Old July 11th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Default The curse of LANCE

When you ride with LANCE, you will not test positive.

But when you are not riding with LANCE, you are doomed.

Bob Schwartz
Old July 12th 08, 05:12 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
jean-yves hervé

In article ,
Bob Schwartz wrote:

When you ride with LANCE, you will not test positive.

But when you are not riding with LANCE, you are doomed.

This makes Bruyneel look even better. You have to grant it to the guy:
He runs a tight ship. No mixing of blood bags under his watch.

jyh.
Old July 12th 08, 06:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jul 12, 12:12 am, jean-yves hervé wrote:
In article ,
Bob Schwartz wrote:

When you ride with LANCE, you will not test positive.

But when you are not riding with LANCE, you are doomed.

This makes Bruyneel look even better. You have to grant it to the guy:
He runs a tight ship. No mixing of blood bags under his watch.

or using epo. autologous oil changes are still undetectable.
Old July 12th 08, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 11, 10:51 pm, Bob Schwartz
wrote:
When you ride with LANCE, you will not test positive.

But when you are not riding with LANCE, you are doomed.

Bob Schwartz

I was more thinking of the curse of Speedplay -- Hamilton, Basso,
Landis -- but then I started using them so it can't be that, since, by
definition, I'm clean.

-ilan
Old July 13th 08, 09:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

ilanpsi wrote:
I was more thinking of the curse of Speedplay -- Hamilton, Basso, Landis
-- but then I started using them so it can't be that, since, by
definition, I'm clean.

As clean as Erdos.
Old July 13th 08, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brian Lafferty

Bob Schwartz wrote:
When you ride with LANCE, you will not test positive.

But when you are not riding with LANCE, you are doomed.

Bob Schwartz

It was interesting to see George not pacing Kirchen up the climbs today
as used to do with Armstrong. What could be different? :-) I suppose
this means George won't be winning any mountain stages this year.

It does appear that the blood profiling being done is having a positive
(poor choice of word) effect on the racing. It almost seems like a
return to 1989 and before, but with the benefit of better training
methods. Tomorrow should be a fun day to watch.
Old July 13th 08, 07:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Fredburger

Brian Lafferty wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
When you ride with LANCE, you will not test positive.

But when you are not riding with LANCE, you are doomed.

Bob Schwartz

It was interesting to see George not pacing Kirchen up the climbs today
as used to do with Armstrong. What could be different? :-) I suppose
this means George won't be winning any mountain stages this year.

It does appear that the blood profiling being done is having a positive
(poor choice of word) effect on the racing. It almost seems like a
return to 1989 and before, but with the benefit of better training
methods. Tomorrow should be a fun day to watch.

Are you declaring this tour "clean" too?

If so, you could save yourself some effort by simply cutting and pasting
your perspective from July 2006. groups.google.com has it all ready for you.
Old July 13th 08, 07:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article 94rek.140$gH4.119@trnddc05, Brian Lafferty
wrote:

Bob Schwartz wrote:
When you ride with LANCE, you will not test positive.

But when you are not riding with LANCE, you are doomed.

Bob Schwartz

It was interesting to see George not pacing Kirchen up the climbs today
as used to do with Armstrong. What could be different? :-) I suppose
this means George won't be winning any mountain stages this year.

Well, Brian, it is possible that Hincapie being a few years older means he isn't
as strong as he was then. And it's also possible that they aren't using the same
tactics. I have no opinion on why he was doing that then but I guess I'm not looking
for ways to fit circumstances into a narrative. Just sayin'.

--
tanx,
Howard

The bloody pubs are bloody dull
The bloody clubs are bloody full
Of bloody girls and bloody guys
With bloody murder in their eyes

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old July 13th 08, 07:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Jul 13, 1:38 pm, Brian Lafferty wrote:

It was interesting to see George not pacing Kirchen up the climbs today
as used to do with Armstrong. What could be different? :-) I suppose
this means George won't be winning any mountain stages this year.

It does appear that the blood profiling being done is having a positive
(poor choice of word) effect on the racing. It almost seems like a
return to 1989 and before, but with the benefit of better training
methods. Tomorrow should be a fun day to watch.

dumbass,

there has already been an epo positive so it makes it different than
1989 already, plus autologous blood boosting still seems
undetectable.

beltran was apparently targeted because of his weird passport numbers.
you can see a video here of beltran where he's clearly freaked out
when asked to report for doping control :

http://tv2sporten.no/sykkel/article2066948.ece

Old July 13th 08, 09:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Brian Lafferty

Fred Fredburger wrote:
Brian Lafferty wrote:
Bob Schwartz wrote:
When you ride with LANCE, you will not test positive.

But when you are not riding with LANCE, you are doomed.

Bob Schwartz

It was interesting to see George not pacing Kirchen up the climbs
today as used to do with Armstrong. What could be different? :-) I
suppose this means George won't be winning any mountain stages this year.

It does appear that the blood profiling being done is having a
positive (poor choice of word) effect on the racing. It almost seems
like a return to 1989 and before, but with the benefit of better
training methods. Tomorrow should be a fun day to watch.

Are you declaring this tour "clean" too?

Cleaner, in all probability.

If so, you could save yourself some effort by simply cutting and pasting
your perspective from July 2006. groups.google.com has it all ready for
you.

Curse of Lance [email protected] Racing 20 August 4th 06 09:17 PM
RR (Almost) and curse of Brecon Ian Blake UK 2 June 19th 06 02:14 PM
Curse of the new equipment The Wogster General 9 October 19th 05 05:53 PM
Curse of stabilisers JohnB UK 11 August 5th 05 02:31 AM
Curse of LeJOG MSeries UK 18 March 19th 04 07:41 PM